Dessers

BigBearButt

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This will be a 220 Pager on Sunday with the knowledgable posters slaughtering Dessers after a 3/10 performance and the Cult who stick up for him talking about that goal in Betis.

Will get to 220 pages regardless of his performance.

Sunday is a HUGE match.

I'm relying on guys such as Tav, Silva and Cantwell to score.

Aren't we all?

7 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Feel we need better than all 3 of them personally

Don't think Danilo has had a good enough run to judge him till now. Beale wrapped him in cotton wool when we signed him. He played, got his cheek fracture, came back and got another injury. 

He looked quite good in fits and starts, some of his finishing wasn't great though. Would rather sign Miovski than Shankland if it came to it tbh. 

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Don't think Danilo has had a good enough run to judge him till now. Beale wrapped him in cotton wool when we signed him. He played, got his cheek fracture, came back and got another injury. 

He looked quite good in fits and starts, some of his finishing wasn't great though. Would rather sign Milosovic than Shankland if it came to it tbh. 

Milosovic? You mean the aberdeen forward I take it? If so I agree but would be unrealistically pricey.

Im bored of the shankland chat in all honesty.

Danilo just didn't look clinical enough for me but yeah suppose he didnt play say 10 games on the trot injury free

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Will get to 220 pages regardless of his performance.

Sunday is a HUGE match.

I'm relying on guys such as Tav, Silva and Cantwell to score.

Aren't we all?

I do like Silva. Thought he was poor against Hibs. I'd probably start him LW, and if it's not happening put Matondo on. Still think Matondos pace can cause anyone problems. 

Just now, Albertz85 said:

Milosovic? You mean the aberdeen forward I take it? If so I agree but would be unrealistically pricey.

Im bored of the shankland chat in all honesty.

Danilo just didn't look clinical enough for me but yeah suppose he didnt play say 10 games on the trot injury free

Aye him. I edited it as soon as I seen I'd typed it wrong :confused:

Not fast enough before you quoted me right enough :lol:

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I do like Silva. Thought he was poor against Hibs. I'd probably start him LW, and if it's not happening put Matondo on. Still think Matondos pace can cause anyone problems. 

Don't rate Montondo tbh mate.

His only positive trait is his blistering pace.

Hope to fuck Phil signs some good wingers in the summer.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'd rather we got better to mate. Hope Silva has a stormer of a game, if not I do think Matondos pace can cause them problems. 

Anywhere other than LW I wouldn't even play him or bring him on tbh. 

There is Sima also, so that's the dilemma for the manager. Fuck knows. 

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Id prefer matondo sunday over silva. celtic full backs are brutal. They would struggle with any pace.

Working on assumption Sima isnt ready yet.

8 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Feel we need better than all 3 of them personally

Don't get me wrong I would love better in every position but we have to work with what we have got. A great deal obviously depends on what offers we get and who leaves in the summer but I think that we would miss his goals just like we missed Sakala's. 

Doesn't need to be Shankland either I only suggested him because I think that Clement will look to get players in the squad with the euro squad in mind and we are missing a few player slots with the lack of homegrown players and he came to mind. 

Just now, Darth Bear said:

Don't get me wrong I would love better in every position but we have to work with what we have got. A great deal obviously depends on what offers we get and who leaves in the summer but I think that we would miss his goals just like we missed Sakala's. 

Doesn't need to be Shankland either I only suggested him because I think that Clement will look to get players in the squad with the euro squad in mind and we are missing a few player slots with the lack of homegrown players and he came to mind. 

Thats a very good point re homegrown.

In an ideal world Roofe goes, we get our money back (or close) for dessers.

Then shankland and another proven no 9 alongside Danilo.

Wishful thinking eh.

1 minute ago, Albertz85 said:

Id prefer matondo sunday over silva. celtic full backs are brutal. They would struggle with any pace.

I'd maybe be tempted to start with Matondo LW. If Dessers has a howler up front, put Silva on for him then Sima can replace Matondo LW if need be. 

There's alot of variations we can do with the front line. Fuck knows what the starting line up will be. 

Their front line is probably easier to predict which isn't a bad thing for us. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

I thought the time to sign Shankland was January with the title run in, but always preferred Miovski as I think he has more to him. 

But as you say the Euro homegrown aspect, Shankland would have been a very handy signing for that also. 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I know we may be dealing with hate crime fall out on Monday morning but ending up in the dock at The Hague on Tuesday is something we really don’t need.

Pray for me please 

9 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Silva isn't really a pacy winger, but he is technical and capable of providing assists, and is a far better shot taker than Montondo.

All about opinions though

I think we would both prefer Sima to play the full 90 mins on the lw in an ideal world.

Our right wing doesn't look great either. I will  go full tonto if Wright starts. :craphead:

15 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I know we may be dealing with hate crime fall out on Monday morning but ending up in the dock at The Hague on Tuesday is something we really don’t need.

What I think we'll need to start using is words akin to "shampoo" & "carrots". Words that are quite similar to explatives and/or the likes :confused:

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I don't rate him at all but he's also an absolute fanny who I think would be a disaster in our environment

True, I was thinking potentially as a back up striker, but aye right enough - Waghorn squaring up to a school lad was bad enough 🫣