Dessers

BigBearButt

Its not just his finishing that's the issue, morelos was fucking howling at times when in on goal the chances he missed etc, however when he could be arsed he was fucking outstanding at other aspects of the game 

Theres literally fuck all about dessers game that is good, he can run the channels etc like say miller, he can't ragdoll centre halves and bully them like morelos, and he can't finish like colak

We literally bought a striker who hasnt got one aspect of forward play that he's top notch at, not one part 

6 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Its not just his finishing that's the issue, morelos was fucking howling at times when in on goal the chances he missed etc, however when he could be arsed he was fucking outstanding at other aspects of the game 

Theres literally fuck all about dessers game that is good, he can run the channels etc like say miller, he can't ragdoll centre halves and bully them like morelos, and he can't finish like colak

We literally bought a striker who hasnt got one aspect of forward play that he's top notch at, not one part 

It's not luck he gets the number of chances he does.

19 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

No its fantastic play by the rest of the team lol

Some of the chances he's created himself plus Roofe has 2 goals in over 600 minutes so how does that work?

1 hour ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

No its fantastic play by the rest of the team lol

that's not strictly true. its usually fantastic play by the rest of the team and then he goes and fucks it up.

a fair amount of his goals have come from some individual brilliance... and there in lies the issue: he flatters to deceive AND deceives to flatter :)

17 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

No one plays anywhere near close to the minutes as our lone front man as dessers does 

His league goal per minute record is far better than Silva or Roofe and is as good as Danilo. If it was purely because we create so many chances then why is that?

26 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

No one plays anywhere near close to the minutes as our lone front man as dessers does 

That’s because we tried Silva and he was shite there, he got nowhere near the same number of chances.

The reality is somewhere in the middle, Dessers takes up good positions, makes good run, which we turn into chances.

I suspect your comment was a little tongue in cheek, but clearly it’s not all about the team creating chances, as the same number of clear cut chances are not created when Silva starts games.

15 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

He's good at closing down defenders.  And standing next to the goalkeeper.

3 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

He's good at closing down defenders.  And standing next to the goalkeeper.

:lol:

Vexes me when he jogs up to opposition goalkeepers when the ball is at their feet without putting them under any pressure whatsoever.

He is a big guy, over 6 foot tall and athletic.  If he ran at them he could intimidate them and force an error.

But no.... sloooooow jog.

Absolutely zero ferocity.

That's enough. Depressing myself now.:craphead:

It's 6 months since this thread was created and we're on page 160. Has any other player amassed as many posts as Dessers in their own dedicated thread in such a short period of time? Has any other player even came close? 😂 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It's 6 months since this thread was created and we're on page 160. Has any other player amassed as many posts as Dessers in their own dedicated thread in such a short period of time? Has any other player even came close? 😂 

Probably not, but I can’t remember a time before when our only available striker was so utterly mince 

The thought of Dessers playing in potentially 3 massive old firms before the end of the season fills me with nothing but complete dread 

I was more comfortable towards the end of the Seville season when we shoe horned Aribo into the striker role than I am now 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Neither good enough as first choice but Dessers offers more than Colak overall.

Won’t go down well with specky and Jim but it’s true.

Colak goal or assist every 89mins domestically 

Dessers goal or assist every 108 mins domestically 

And dessers is playing in a much better team than colak was

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Probably not, but I can’t remember a time before when our only available striker was so utterly mince 

The thought of Dessers playing in potentially 3 massive old firms before the end of the season fills me with nothing but complete dread 

I was more comfortable towards the end of the Seville season when we shoe horned Aribo into the striker role than I am now 

Morelos OF record was abysmal given the amount of times he played them, but to a point we accepted it because of the other traits he brought, 

Absolutely no chance any of the tarrier centre halves will be worrying about being up against dessers, they know he doesn't close down, isnt lethal in the box, isnt good in the air, wont run the channels 

Fucking rotten