Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

Thats a very good point re homegrown.

In an ideal world Roofe goes, we get our money back (or close) for dessers.

Then shankland and another proven no 9 alongside Danilo.

Wishful thinking eh.

I'm certain that Clement could get a better player in for what we paid for Dessers but as you say getting that money back will be wishful thinking. 

Homegrown definitely needs looked at as I can't see Jack getting a new contract and a couple of players that could be sold with us already being short. Our budget mixed with a lack of available talent doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Would he be better than Dessers?

I don't think he's a bad option on a free if we get rid of roofe, lammers and although unlikely, dessers and if we are targeting another striker. 8 goals/assists in 18 prem league games in a piss poor Sheffield this season and 15 championship goals last year. Would rather have him as a 3rd choice /off the bench option than roofe and dessers 

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Gets slagged and rightly and isnt the answer. 

But thought he gave 100% today and gave us a decent shift.

Yeah second this. We all know he isn’t the long term solution but was gutted for him when his goal ruled out. You can’t fault his effort and application. I’m interested to see what Clement does there in the summer.

7 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Good contest against Vickers but still not the answer. He done a job to a certain extent and used his strength well today

I think he got the better of Carter Vickers today, was stronger in the tussles, gave him hell.  Had a perfectly good goal chopped off too.  

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It wasn’t though. Lawrence clearly fouled Itawa in the build up. We would all be raging if that was given against us.

Soft as cheese and it occured 90 yards out from the goal.  It wasn't "clear and obvious", Beaton seen it in real time and let the game go. celtic had chances to clear as well.