Contracts

Iakona

Was just looking at the contract situation… we are all in agreement changes need to be made, but I think we are going to be stuck with a lot of this shite for years to come.

So much dross on long term contracts… and a significant portion of them are on big wages that they won’t get anywhere else. With next to no sellable assets… Unless a Saudi prince comes in and fancies burning afew 20 quid notes I don’t see how this board can turn this round. Shambles from top to bottom. 

2024: Barisic, Balogun, Jack, McLaughlin, Roofe, Lundstram

2025: Lawrence, McCorie, Wright, Devine

2026: Tav, Goldson, Souttar, Davies, Dowell, Matondo, King, Hagi

2027: Butland, Dessers, Sterling, Lammers, Raskin, Yilmaz, Cifuentes, Danilo

7 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Was just looking at the contract situation… we are all in agreement changes need to be made, but I think we are going to be stuck with a lot of this shite for years to come.

So much dross on long term contracts… and a significant portion of them are on big wages that they won’t get anywhere else. With next to no sellable assets… Unless a Saudi prince comes in and fancies burning afew 20 quid notes I don’t see how this board can turn this round. Shambles from top to bottom. 

3 of the worst on the longest contracts. Beale truly is one prick 

3 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Over the course of their contracts (including transfer fees) we are probably looking at spunking around £16 million on Dessers and Lammers 

I’d just let them go now 

Put there bags at the gates change the locks and just deny all knowledge of them 

33 minutes ago, Iakona said:

After reading this things are even worse than I thought they were, we're fucked 

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

First 6 released Jan or not renewed in the summer.

Next 5 cost little, can live with them in squad.

Huge focus needs to go into getting the 16 from 2026 /27 groups down to a handful ie Butland, Cantwell and maybe Danilo. Those conversations need had by our new manager encouraging exits within weeks of him being appointed.

Lammers was a strange buy. 

Not a goalscorer,

a winger,

or a number 10.

No pace either.

In Beales mind what was he expecting from him and how was he going to fit in the team?

Dessers has been poor but with a few goals and a bit more confidence he  might turn it around. 

Danilo's definitely got ability, he's just not showed it yet.

Sima, is frustrating at times. But he does have strength and athleticism and has probably already scored as many as Kent would in a season. 

All of them apart from Butland and Cantwell should be seeing their agents this morning after being told to find new clubs. Whatever transfer fee we can get for them, who cares, take the loss. Any who can't get a club for whatever reason just pay them off and Bennett and Bisgrove can explain to the investors why they are footing the bill. 

This isn't our fault so shouldn't suffer for it.

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Was bad enough with the 4 year contracts but somebody on that board thought Danilo and Yilmaz should have 5 year deals , just ridiculous.

We should offer no one a 5 yr contract in football. Whether management or player. The game changes too rapidly for long-term deals like that.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

We should offer no one a 5 yr contract in football. Whether management or player. The game changes too rapidly for long-term deals like that.

Its a joke , I struggle to see why most of the other dross were offered 4 year deals , 2 with ads ons is the way I would go and if they dont like it we move on.

If there is a positive (and god knows im looking for one), the 6 out of contract in the summer will free up another decent chunk of wages for the new manager to play with. 

Obviously i would try and shift them in January if there are any takers, which unfortunately i don't see.