Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

13 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We've won one trophy, got into the Scottish cup final and taken the league down to the last 2 games of the season this year. The year we won the league we didn't make either cup final. 

Nope 

Its not making things easier for me 

Just now, Redmond7 said:

Problem really is that we need investment, the squad has virtually no sellable assets, there's nothing coming through from the B side and we need an almost complete rebuild. 

I get it but changing the manager will not help us either at this time. Fingers crossed we can get the recruitment right. Some job on their hands.

Just now, molesmole said:

So he couldn't go with - 

Sterling 

Raskin    Diomande 

All decent legs and work rate get around the park and actually want to play for Rangers.

I am not even a schools level manager and I came up with that 

Fuck it play King in place of Lundstrum. 

Sterling at RW is the masterstroke we came up with.

People would get slapped down if they said why not Sterling RB and Tav Rw.

One defends better one attacks better- guess which is which.

Raskin has been absolute dug meat any time he's played this season.

13 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gio beat them in a semi final and Beale beat them - that’s a fact.

Under Clement, he’s been in charge 3 games, been 2-0 down in all of them and not won one.

That Scouse prick is one of Clements main men and a guy he wanted to re-sign.

I wasn't disputing them as facts. I was adding context to show how beyond ridiculous it is to use that as a stick to beat Clement with. Beale got win dead rubber win in his 5th attempt as well, against a half arsed taig team. The 2 of them also had a much better side than what Clement's been left with. 

Which goal conceded against them can even be put on Clement exactly? That's a genuine question. Hasn't been his tactics or set up that have cost us goals against them, and that was the case against them today. 

Because he said in a press conference? I think the fact Lundstram won't be here next season is more of an indicator that he's in fact not one of Clements main men and we're merely stuck for options in that position? More than likely. 

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

Hopefully like us he now knows who needs to go.. and the list is long. 

Although for me it's red flags all round if come the cup final he starting with Lundstram Barasic and Lawrence.

Tav will no doubt be starting if fit but he must realise that any offer for him has to be accepted.

He doesn't though cause they play when fit even when they have signed to leave!

Sticks with the same ones that let him down every week.

One ballsy decision was dropping Goldson.. ( who knows of that was just for fitness) 

Taking Cantwell out was another.

Loaning Lammers another.

So it seems mad you you out your faith is Wright, Barisic,  Lundstrum et al.

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

He's a manager with actual pedigree, who has done well with what he has so far.

How many years of burning through manager after manager do you think we should do before backing someone? Arguably we should have backed Gio but didn't. Clement needs to be given time to form a squad of his own

A manager isn't going to get backed to the level the fans want i.e 15/20 million until they're able to win a title, I know its a catch 22 situation but that's the way it is.

We either sign a player on a free and sell him for a fortune, someone like Bassey & that gives us funds or we win the title against the run of play and that gives us the money to build.

Clement had the chance this year to do exactly that & he's fucked it, plain and simple. Aye the squad is rotten but we were in pole position 4/5 weeks ago and now we're 6 behind...he's got to take massive criticism for that.

The knock on effect is he's not going to get much in the summer now, especially with 4.5 earmarked for Diomande who he put his neck on the line for in January & pretty much no sell-able assets.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Raskin has been absolute dug meat any time he's played this season.

So can someone answer me why Lundstrum gets the play every week. 

Fuck it don't play with 3 in the middle if we don't have the players.. 

But we have King, Dowell,Cantwell, Raskin, Rice, Sterling that can't take Lundstrums place.

Come on.

Should have been dropped as soon as not signing a new deal.

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

To get more than 1 point from 9 vs our rivals?

To not drop 8 points vs County, Motherwell and Dundee in a small period of time?

Not big standards to ask for tbh.

He has had constant injuries to deal with, and the same squad of players who were responsible for these loses, and countless other must win games. They have got manager after manager sacked, but you want to blame Phil who had zero budget in the new year transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Which goal conceded against them can even be put on Clement exactly? That's a genuine question. Hasn't been his tactics or set up that have cost us goals against them, and that was the case against them today. 

Their first today was on his tactics, they had 3 in midfield, we had 2 & a lazy bastard in Lawrence who wasn't able to run

They had shot after shot from McGregor and OReilly before the goal because we setup that way.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

2 out of 3 trophies in a season we won 4 from our first 7 wouldn't be a comfort for you?

Not won the Scottish cup yet boss 

But it would still be an anti climax.Bearing in mind the position we were in few weeks ago. 

Clement needs next season.We all know that but I'm not about to overlook his fuck ups and today was one fuck up.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I wasn't disputing them as facts. I was adding context to show how beyond ridiculous it is to use that as a stick to beat Clement with. Beale got win dead rubber win in his 5th attempt as well, against a half arsed taig team. The 2 of them also had a much better side than what Clement's been left with. 

Because he said in a press conference? I think the fact Lundstram won't be here next season is more of an indicator that he's in fact not one of Clements main men and we're merely stuck for options in that position? More than likely. 

The set up is partly at fault for the first goal. We conceded that chance time and time again and we were unable to stop them playing through McGregor - Lawrence was lost in that area. That said, you still look at Davies, Silva and Borna all too slow to deal with it. We were well off it in the first half because of his set up.

There should be concerns/questions about the manager, but I do still fall into the camp that he has his hands tied - to an extent - with the squad he has at his disposal. Though he has had 4 games against them and played the same way each time and gotten nothing from any of the games. If he does the same in the cup final, all signs point to it going the same way again.

Just now, molesmole said:

So can someone answer me why Lundstrum gets the play every week. 

Fuck it don't play with 3 in the middle if we don't have the players.. 

But we have King, Dowell,Cantwell, Raskin, Rice, Sterling that can't take Lundstrums place.

Come on.

Should have been dropped as soon as not signing a new deal.

Lundstram, for all he's rubbish, has never been as consistently shite as Raskin. To base anything on today's performances is hindsight based nonsense.

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Hopefully the manager sees fit to drop Lundstram for the final, be a fitting end to his Rangers Career.

Going by the post match comments that doesn't seem likely. 

10 minutes ago, molesmole said:

He doesn't though cause they play when fit even when they have signed to leave!

Sticks with the same ones that let him down every week.

One ballsy decision was dropping Goldson.. ( who knows of that was just for fitness) 

Taking Cantwell out was another.

Loaning Lammers another.

So it seems mad you you out your faith is Wright, Barisic,  Lundstrum et al.

You’re at it.

i'm all for giving him more time. you can only do so much with a shite team. clement deserves some criticism but i put the vast majority of the blame on these cowardly players. get them all tae fuck.

Clement isn't blameless but you can't make silk purses from sows ears.

End of the day we are throwing on Scott Wright and Ross McCausland on to try and salvage our league campaign.  That's where the squads at.

We have had so many injuries this season as well.

Celtic have a deeper squad and have had less injuries than ourselves. The let us back into the league race, but as we ran out of steam - it is what's separated us.

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

What i would say is i still back the manager and think we need to massively back him in the summer but he also needs to show he has learned from this shit 

Hasn’t shown anything being learned in the last 2 OF games, I wouldn’t get your hopes up  

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It is a fact.

This team is like watching a Beale team.

No shape, No structure.

11 players put out there and hope the quality sees us over line.

There was a shape/structure today, we tried to go man for man in the middle. Whether it worked or not we can debate but we had a game plan.