Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He deserved criticism previously for some of his team selections. But these players are weak minded or on their way out and don't care enough, and that's not on him. He's got next to no options available to mix it up or to drop those who's hearts aren't in it. 

Huge summer for him.

He has to be ruthless this summer and he needs the backing to do it. 

I think he is the right manager to take us forward. But if he's not allowed to really shake up the squad then we'll just be in a similar position next season. Too many of these players have proven they can't cope under the pressure.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He deserved criticism previously for some of his team selections. But these players are weak minded or on their way out and don't care enough, and that's not on him. He's got next to no options available to mix it up or to drop those who's hearts aren't in it. 

Huge summer for him.

It will be mate, but equally for the board, if he is not backed then he will be struggling to get in the players he needs because we need so many out and in.

We have to hope Koppen has been working around the clock looking for players we can afford and still improve the team. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Professor_Chang said:

I'll reserve judgement until he has a chance to get his own players know but its worrying.

We all said the same thing with gio and Beale that they need to get chance to add own players.

Today has raised doubts for me and if he loses the SC as well he's going to be under pressure early next season to start well.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We all said the same thing with gio and Beale that they need to get chance to add own players.

Today has raised doubts for me and if he loses the SC as well he's going to be under pressure early next season to start well.

Not for me, on the last point. It’s like putting a better driver into an F1 which isn’t good enough to challenge Red Bull. The squad was too weak 6 months ago, even 12/15 months ago. Nothing has changed. Hopefully Phil & the recruitment team can identify and implement what is needed, but at the moment the squad is just not good enough.

11 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

Not for me, on the last point. It’s like putting a better driver into an F1 which isn’t good enough to challenge Red Bull. The squad was too weak 6 months ago, even 12/15 months ago. Nothing has changed. Hopefully Phil & the recruitment team can identify and implement what is needed, but at the moment the squad is just not good enough.

No question the squad isn't good enough and a major rebuild is desperately needed. 

Hope to fuck he's giving the backing to do it. 

Still but he's not entirely blameless. Done well to get this squad back into the race. But last few weeks some of his decision making has been questionable.

If he's going into next season without an Old firm win as well he's going to be under pressure. Be the same for any manager.

These players have done what they always do. It's a miracle he has us in the position that we're in, and I'll be reserving judgement until he manages to reshape the team, but I can't lie and say that I haven't had concerns about some decision making of late.

3 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

I’m still confident in his abilities to bring us success he’s inherited a poor squad that’s been ravaged with injuries as well definitely need a major overhaul this summer 

100% agree - ran then close with a dire start to the season - get rid of some of the players that don’t have the mentality and a few who are passed it few additions I think we’ll be about there 

We all disagreed with the line up and formation pre-game, but that wasn't what let us down today. 

The set up, effort and organisation was all there. The quality wasn't. 

His subs and changes during the game seemed crazy at the time, but none of them actually backfired on him. 

Sterling was excellent at Centre back, Raskin, Wright and McCausland all put a shift in.

Blameless for me today. He did everything right and the end result was out of his control.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A lot of fans criticised the line up but we actually did alright, should have gone in front with Silva. 

Lundstram fucked us and then again, fans criticising the subs but we’ve managed the game in the second half well enough to the point we could have nicked a draw.

Comparisons with Pedro and Murty are ridiculous imo.

Weve been saying that for the first OF under Clement as well. Look where it got us. 

Seemed to be a ban on saying anything critical against him until now. There’s been poor decisions for months now. 

Squad is not good enough period, and even that has been plagued by injuries on top of it, so that will cover him this season. But he has to rebuild in the summer and come out strong. Overall he did fantastically to rejuvenate the season but it has dropped back off a cliff in the last month or two. 

Overall I’m optimistic for next season but not as much as I was 2 months ago. I will judge him based on how next season goes though 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

We all disagreed with the line up and formation pre-game, but that wasn't what let us down today. 

The set up, effort and organisation was all there. The quality wasn't. 

His subs and changes during the game seemed crazy at the time, but none of them actually backfired on him. 

Sterling was excellent at Centre back, Raskin, Wright and McCausland all put a shift in.

Blameless for me today. He did everything right and the end result was out of his control.

Agreed, under Gio or Beale we’d have conceded 5 or 6 today. 

The fact we actually pressed them and frustrated them is encouraging, but decision making from our leaders let us down as usual. That should’ve extinguished any talks of a new deal for the scouse cunt. 

His subs are baffling. 

How many chances does he think McCausland & Wright should get (ok Wright wasn't too bad today)?

He needs to put personal agendas aside. He clearly has an issue with Cantwell.

I haven't agreed with his selections and subs for over a month.

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Agreed, under Gio or Beale we’d have conceded 5 or 6 today

The fact we actually pressed them and frustrated them is encouraging, but decision making from our leaders let us down as usual. That should’ve extinguished any talks of a new deal for the scouse cunt. 

People spout this all the time and it’s completely made up nonsense 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

Agreed, under Gio or Beale we’d have conceded 5 or 6 today. 

Absolute luck we never , fuck knows what the xg stats will show but we were bullied out there