Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

5 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I’ve an ex colleague( Liverpool fan)  I bump into often in the town who always says don’t worry Rodgers wil inevitably buy shite and turn on the board/fans

I know what he means we saw it a bit earlier in the season - put some pressure on them not sure they’ve got much bottle either (handed it to them with our collapse in those three games in 2024) 

This is maybe the glimmer we have, rodgers signings last summer were honking, it was previous players carrying them through the league 

22 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Btw I think this coming pre season the taigs will be left with a decent sized rebuild on their hands 

You could be right but the sickening thing is they'll have guaranteed champions league money coming in and top dollar for the likes of O'Reilly and Hatate if they both go. Not saying money guarantees you success as signings sometimes don't work out but they are in a far better shape than us

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think when we / they are talking about spending power, there’s a big bank balance but you’re limited in what you can buy a player for in Scotland without bursting your wage budget.

They might have £70m to spend, but to sign a £20m player you need to pay £20m player wages - and no one is Scotland is getting £50k+ a week even if they’re Ronaldo.

Theyve got a great model, but it’s always ‘buy low, develop, sell high’.

Having money is one thing, but spending it well is another. We’ve spend the guts of £30m over the last 2 years and spend it horrendously.

One great window aside, they been pretty pish as well. 

The other thing is if they went after a 20m player, that player is likely to have options in the mid-lower end of the EPL or abroad and will simply move there for even if it's not for more money. The options will be more appealing. So there's always a ceiling on the players you can buy. 

59 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think when we / they are talking about spending power, there’s a big bank balance but you’re limited in what you can buy a player for in Scotland without bursting your wage budget.

They might have £70m to spend, but to sign a £20m player you need to pay £20m player wages - and no one is Scotland is getting £50k+ a week even if they’re Ronaldo.

Having money is one thing, but spending it well is another. We’ve spend the guts of £30m over the last 2 years and spend it horrendously.

They have bought several 6m plus players who have done well for them. In Vickers they've got one just now. Rodgers record wasn't the best but if he moves into that bracket more he'll be increasing the chance of proper quality without breaking any wage structure. He has the funds to potentially buy numerous players at this sort of value though we know they'll only spend the minimum they think needed to keepe ahead of us. At least I hope that's their strategy.

They'll rightly never sign a 20m player. Where's that being suggested?

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

You could be right but the sickening thing is they'll have guaranteed champions league money coming in and top dollar for the likes of O'Reilly and Hatate if they both go. Not saying money guarantees you success as signings sometimes don't work out but they are in a far better shape than us

Rather they have the money than O'Riley. Their recruitment's been woeful for a couple of years. Aye they can likely target a higher bracket of player this summer, but that just means they burn through their bank balance quicker if they land more Ajeti types.

6 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

This is maybe the glimmer we have, rodgers signings last summer were honking, it was previous players carrying them through the league 

Lagerbielke seems to be the one everyone uses, but he just seems a bit shaky. Nawrocki to me seems like a far worse signing as he looks like an utter liability. The fact an Aberdeen RB is keeping £7m of CB's out of the side shows how bad their recruitment is.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

So your argument is we're better of without 10's of millions to spend? 🤔

Most interesting part for me was where he was saying he has chucked away his principles this season on playing injured players.

Said normally he would not have a player back in a squad until they had completed a week to ten days training after being injured, but he had no choice but to rush players back otherwise he wouldn't have had a squad to put out.

Also said he's doing too much day to day, again, points to a lack of structure in the football department.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Most interesting part for me was where he was saying he has chucked away his principles this season on playing injured players.

Said normally he would not have a player back in a squad until they had completed a week to ten days training after being injured, but he had no choice but to rush players back otherwise he wouldn't have had a squad to put out.

Also said he's doing too much day to day, again, points to a lack of structure in the football department.

If the hood was lifted so to speak on the engine of the club I have a feeling we’d be fucking disgusted at the state of it, given that all we’ve had spouted to us for years every summer is how positive the restructuring of the football department is

It genuinely cannot be that difficult, or at least it shouldn’t take as long as it has to get right

Points from him are :

he feels he’s doing too much ?

its the3 games a week that’s caused the injuries🤨( I thought he knew how to overhaul the risk of injuries?)

we have 9 games in august ,so will that cause more injuries?

he looked like greeting in that interview ( fed up?)

what’s the detail of souttar ,matondo injuries?

Lundstrom injured now too ?he said he’s not training ( not that we care!)

why can’t yilmaz play 90 mins is he fucked too?

9 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If the hood was lifted so to speak on the engine of the club I have a feeling we’d be fucking disgusted at the state of it, given that all we’ve had spouted to us for years every summer is how positive the restructuring of the football department is

It genuinely cannot be that difficult, or at least it shouldn’t take as long as it has to get right

100% failing an MOT.

2 hours ago, five stars said:

So your argument is we're better of without 10's of millions to spend? 🤔

Can you not read?

My argument is even with Man City millions in the bank, there’s a level of spend they can’t exceed in Scotland.