Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

16 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If we play like we did in the second half tonight we are in with a decent chance in the final.

Play like we did in the first half and we will be conceeding the game in the first 30 minutes.

I'm up for it, the players fucking be!

Depends if we play with 3 midfielders or a double pivot who does'nt have the legs to match their 3 MFs.

5 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That press conference was weeks worth of anger of frustration coming out.

Been great media management by him, much to the frustration of the support who didn't get it initially.

22 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

The defense of him in last few weeks compared to beale has been weird, and not many rated mick worse than me

Beale was a rookie and out his depth. 

Clement has a bit more in the bank from his previous experience of winning 3 titles elsewhere, delivering us a trophy already and knockout European football. He also dragged us back into a title Race that looked like it was over in October 

Some of his line ups during this run in have been puzzling and he deserves the criticism for that and the flack that naturally comes with a loss of form. Think he deserves a summer and getting his own signings through the door though and the chance to clear out the players who are the real problem and have seen a conveyor belt of managers out the door 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

It's going to take more than one transfer window. Clement can't fix the problems we have in one summer.

Hope that's what happened during the selection process. I hope he said it will take a while and they agreed with him.

Anyone being interviewed for the job who promised a quick fix should have been told to do one.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Hope that's what happened during the selection process. I hope he said it will take a while and they agreed with him.

Anyone being interviewed for the job who promised a quick fix should have been told to do one.

Yet plenty on here have their eyes on him for the door because this squad of losers did their usual

If the fans don’t have the patience the board certainly won’t 

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I've heard folk saying that Clement raised it with us during the interview process that we sack managers too quickly and he wanted guarantees he'd be given time to fix our problems. No idea if that's true or not.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've heard folk saying that Clement raised it with us during the interview process that we sack managers too quickly and he wanted guarantees he'd be given time to fix our problems. No idea if that's true or not.

"Yes M. Clement, we understand your concerns. But some of these guys have been total pish."

But seriously, if that's true I'm glad he brought it up.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

We all know what happened next and we’re still suffering damage from part of Postecoglou’s rebuild.

Yes, it can be turned around very quickly assuming the work is already well down the road.

Yes we do, the scum struggled and needed to bring forward the winter break to help them win the league in his first season. Bought new players in January.

They also spent over £20m that season. 

Poorest start to a season etc, we won't get that luxury next season.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

When we won 55, they lost their captain, good few of their squad, their manager, their CEO and they wasted months fannying about courting Eddie Howe only for him to tell them to fuck off.

They were in far greater disarray than we are right now, miles behind us.

We all know what happened next and we’re still suffering damage from part of Postecoglou’s rebuild.

Yes, it can be turned around very quickly assuming the work is already well down the road.

The biggest reason for it was our manager reigning it in then leaving in November. That captain things valid tho, like brown tav is now a hindrance to the team so might be a positive thing moving on from him.

Listening to what he says it's clear he knew there was no money to spend and that it was a long term project that he expects to be here for. I doubt the board told him he had to win the league etc this season. Ofc if he ends up with as bad a run as the imposter or Gio then he will need to be gone but like it or not we do need a bit of patience as a fan base. I'm still confident enough Clement is the guy to get us back on track - but he does need to gut the loser attitude from the squad or he'll end up being another statistic. 

7 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

When we won 55, they lost their captain, good few of their squad, their manager, their CEO and they wasted months fannying about courting Eddie Howe only for him to tell them to fuck off.

They were in far greater disarray than we are right now, miles behind us.

They had one shambles of a season. I'm not downplaying how much of a shambles that it was, but I don't think there is much comparison. 

They very clearly still had a culture of winning amongst their squad, they had a ready made captain who knew the club and the demands and relished that, they have much more money than we do. 

Is it possible for Clement to change it all in one window? Maybe. I think its incredibly unlikely. 

6 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I said it a few weeks back 

We find ourselves in the same position as they were in 2000 when O'Neil walked through the doors at that midden . We had dominated for over a decade but they had stopped 10 in a row then spent a few years not really knowing what to do with themselves afterwards and numerous failed management projects.

The transformation can be done but it's going to require quite a bit of money and a big mentality shift right throughout the club 

That’s actually a very good analogy mate re them and when they stopped 10.

there needs to be change and our recruitment needs to be better, but people talk like we will never ever win leagues or cups again. Theres never a middle ground it’s literally one extreme to the other 

51 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Aye a think the cup final is a huge chance for Clement to lift the mood and optimism around the place for next season. Folk will say It's obviously consolation in terms of the league and the money that comes with it but it's still a cup final against them and I want us out there at Hampden leaving everything on the park. Beat them at Hampden and gets this whole "can't beat them when it matters" pish in the bin before next season even starts 

Win it and he can approach the board in the summer and say look I delivered the two cups and with a bit more money and the right players I probably could have delivered the title too so you need to back me 

I trust the manager not the players 

players simply not good enough as they’ve showed this time and time again. 

hopefully he clears every last one of the old guard out and gets the rebuild absolutely spot on because that’s what it’s going to take. 

22 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

That press conference was weeks worth of anger and frustration coming out.

i'm sorry but the buck stops with him, chopping and changing when things didn't need changed, bringing in players and dropping ones that actually was giving 100% on the park only to drop them the next game while disrupting our flow, the tactics didn't help and nor did the changing of the formation i mean how the hell can you go from barely losing goals to conceding pretty much every single game, seeing the captain of the team just letting the guy he's meant to be marking walce by him again and again.

sure injuries didn't help but that's the whole bloody reason we have youth players waiting for a shot but again we leave things to late as usual, i'm sorry for the rant but seriously pissed off and frustrated seeing the same shite week after week after week and him spout some weird shite at the pressers.........oh great he's angry and frustrated when it's over but not when it actually mattered.

spose we'll actually see what he can do next season with his own team

3 hours ago, RFC55 said:

That’s actually a very good analogy mate re them and when they stopped 10.

there needs to be change and our recruitment needs to be better, but people talk like we will never ever win leagues or cups again. Theres never a middle ground it’s literally one extreme to the other 

They have a league winning squad. More saleable assets, more money in bank and due to widen that gap, they'll likely spend more on transfers than us next season (certainly Jan if we're worrying them). Wages are close but they could up theirs whilst we probably need to trim ours.  In any league I'd fancy the team with the advantages over the other to win a league, cups less so. 

My point isn't that we won't ever win again, it's that it's stacked heavily in their favour and we need to do things that beat the odds, and do them all together.

Maximise value from our budgets, sign winners with right mentality, be ready from the first competitive game, deal with pressure, stop imploding at worst posdible times, have a strong winning style of play, root out any problem issues / players, at least match that mob in games etc etc.

This coming season might well be a season too soon, and like with Gerrard if we stick with Clement he may be the man to over achieve. If he gets decent investment, club backing and time. 

There's been some red flags but I think he could well be the guy and gets my full backing come August. He'll retain my backing as long as I see the right progress at a rate of knots that I know we can win the league the following season if not next one. And whilst folk will baulk at that, the alternative is we rip it all up and start again. Again.