Should We Target Shankland?

BlueSuedeSambas

Should We Target Shankland In January?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Target Shankland In January?

Just now, esquire8 said:

If he cost the same as Dessers or Lammers then I'd still pay it. At least you are guaranteeing some sort of return on your money.

Nah I wouldn't. Just because we spent over 3 million on bums doesn't justify doing it here.

We need someone who is of thay standard and Shankland isn't a 3 million pound footballer. He's fine for Scottish football but he's not going to improve and most of his goals are from the penalty spot which he won't get here.

For a million or less yeah I'd take him but I want better than him to parter Danilo. 

Time to do it was before or after his time in Belgium. Hearts would look to gouge us something rotten now. We have wasted enough money in overpaying for players without doing today the same again.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Nah I wouldn't. Just because we spent over 3 million on bums doesn't justify doing it here.

We need someone who is of thay standard and Shankland isn't a 3 million pound footballer. He's fine for Scottish football but he's not going to improve and most of his goals are from the penalty spot which he won't get here.

For a million or less yeah I'd take him but I want better than him to parter Danilo. 

Think he would get alot more goals if he got alot more service which is what would happen here. 

He's not going to be cheap, but it's far better than pissing more money against the wall on foreign guys we hope might do the business.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Ideal then as that’s where we’re really needing to start picking up trophies.

He’s not the second coming and isn’t going to magically solve our problems but we are a team that’s goal shy. Domestically he would be absolutely fine for us. 

3 minutes ago, stevemac said:

would rather Miovski as theres potential there being younger, but wouldn't have an issue with Shankland if the money was right

Miovski can't move at all and Shankland is far more involved in the link up play with Hearts than Miovski is too.

1 minute ago, KyleBJK said:

He’s not the second coming and isn’t going to magically solve our problems but we are a team that’s goal shy. Domestically he would be absolutely fine for us. 

Yup. We should also be picking up decent scottish talent wherever possible.

Dessers and Yilmaz or Shankland and Doig? No brainer imo and we chose wrong.

McGinn and Robertson wouldn't have come to us but they show there is EPL quality up here many turn their noses up at. Domestically others would prosper at Rangers.

9 minutes ago, KyleBJK said:

His numbers arent amazing when you take out the fact he won't get our penalties. So no its not ideal.

Colak was better than him and we chucked him and I'd also say the same for Sakala. We can't just go chucking money at things because we keep making a complete cunt of transfers. We need to bring in someone of value. We need a better striker than him of we get that them he can come in as backup that would be fine.

We start thinking Shankland is the answer then its no wonder we pick up fuck all trophies. 

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Miovski can't move at all and Shankland is far more involved in the link up play with Hearts than Miovski is too.

I think that's being overlooked too. He can link play up fairly well and can win battles in the air. 

He isn't the top tier striker we need to lead the line most weeks, but he'd be a good squad option who would add depth and can actually contribute.

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I think that's being overlooked too. He can link play up fairly well and can win battles in the air. 

He isn't the top tier striker we need to lead the line most weeks, but he'd be a good squad option who would add depth and can actually contribute.

I'd feel far more comfortable with him than I would with Wright or Lammers out wide. People go on about how Shankland hasn't scored as much when he's been out wide plenty for Hearts.

Most other SPL teams best player could contribute in our squad, don't have to be a starter but even Walter played Derek McInnes in some important games.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I'd feel far more comfortable with him than I would with Wright or Lammers out wide. People go on about how Shankland hasn't scored as much when he's been out wide plenty for Hearts.

Most other SPL teams best player could contribute in our squad, don't have to be a starter but even Walter played Derek McInnes in some important games.

Exactly. 

Its about the squad makeup. We wont have 22 players who are all going to be of the same standard, as much as we would like, but we need to have players there who can come in and do a job when required, and potentially stay at the club for a while to add some consistency.

Voted yes, but it very much depends on price, I fear Hearts would want far more than he is worth.

£1.5 M would be absolute tops for me, I like the idea of maybe offering a player like Wright to get the price down. 

For the price Hearts would want he wouldn't be worth it.

Also as others have said, if our forward line wasn't so shite he wouldn't be in the conversation. The fact is we could, and should, have bought better than him in the summer. At least that's the expectation I think most of us have for our club and I would expect the same come Jan