Should We Target Shankland?

BlueSuedeSambas

Should We Target Shankland In January?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Target Shankland In January?

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Bite your hand off for Miovski rather than Shankland. 

He has more potential imo. 4 years younger.  I think he could do a good shift in Europe in time

They are both worth a punt though. Down to how much it takes to sign them and wether their Rangers hating clubs will enter into negotiations.

26 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He has more potential imo. 4 years younger.  I think he could do a good shift in Europe in time

They are both worth a punt though. Down to how much it takes to sign them and wether their Rangers hating clubs will enter into negotiations.

Money talks hate us or no

10 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Not every signing is about sell on value

If we signed him he would be a backup striker. On the bench.

Danilio will be our top goal scorer this season when fit.

Even Shankand knows he wouldn't be starting games as our first choice striker.

10 hours ago, stevemac said:

Not every signing is about sell on value

That’s true but it also has to be at the core of our transfer model. 40% of our fees the last few seasons have been on guys 26 or over. So you’re going to struggle to recoup much if any of that after they’ve been with us for a few seasons.

If we’re in a tight title race and one player could be the difference between the league or not and we’re confident of their impact. Signing someone like Shankland makes total sense. 

But we need to move away from spending big money on the profile of guys like Dessers

11 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I don't want us to pay over the odds for a player just because he is Scottish.

With the whole association trained quota needing to be filled that's exactly what happens when targeting these type of players.

11 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They'll be looking for about £5m for him.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Aberdeen paid £500,000 for Miovski. they paid a low six figure fee for Ramandi, who they sold to Lecce and he’s now being linked with Inter Milan.

What we need to do is get better at identifying players of that sort of profile. We sign too many project players from better leagues in the hope we can get them back to a level rather than guys who are doing well in smaller or comparable leagues who are clearly on the way up.

10 goals for him this season as of yesterday apparently.

I’ve seen him a few times and he does well but then also misses a lot of chances. Another player id have in the squad but for what Aberdeen would want it’s not really value for us 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

10 goals for him this season as of yesterday apparently.

I’ve seen him a few times and he does well but then also misses a lot of chances. Another player id have in the squad but for what Aberdeen would want it’s not really value for us 

All good strikers miss chances. Certainly none we can afford don't.   I agree wi the fact out looking needs to be smarter 

I'm not his biggest fan but as a Scottish produced squad player, hitting his prime years (just turned 28), who is in and around the Scotland squad, it probably isn't the worst investment.  He's the type who moves on and steps up to the next level so on that basis I'd have him.