Todd Cantwell

I think he's a player who needs to feel loves, and there's obviously an issue that Clement is more hardliners than rhat with him.

I also reckon better forwards with better movement and him adapting his play to try to impact the game rather than impress with tricks turns and dribbles would help no end.

I've not lost faith yet but I do think the January trip to Spain will determine how the rest of his season goes. And if it goes poorly I'd expect to see him moved on in the summer

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sportscene covered quite clearly how he did influence the game, including 1st half.

We need to put someone on him to nullify him, someone athletic. And it really needs to be someone who has that as their key role, not also trying to be creative or attack minded. Not necessarily him but a Stetling type player would do rather than someone who is repeatedly left in McGregors slip stream.

Just had a lengthy argument with my son where I was saying this is exactly what we needed to do.

Given the personnel available, Sterling was just the man for the job.

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I think he's a player who needs to feel loves, and there's obviously an issue that Clement is more hardliners than rhat with him.

I also reckon better forwards with better movement and him adapting his play to try to impact the game rather than impress with tricks turns and dribbles would help no end.

I've not lost faith yet but I do think the January trip to Spain will determine how the rest of his season goes. And if it goes poorly I'd expect to see him moved on in the summer

For me, he veered between the hopelessly optimistic & the ridiculously cautious.

There were numerous occasions where he was looking at the pass, didn’t deliver, waved his foot over the ball, turned around and passed it backwards!

If McGregor called out Borna as a shite bag, god knows what he thought of that!

Tillman was doing the job of stifling McGregor, out muscling him and taking the ball clean off the cunt in the semi final until he had to go off injured.

Asking Cantwell to do the same was always going to be tough for him, it’s not his game. Sterling probably would have been better but we’d all have been going mental if Cantwell didn’t start.

I genuinely didn’t think he did that badly at it, the praise McGregor’s had has been a bit over the top.

It’s going the other way where Todd didn’t cause them enough problems. He was neat and tidy, didn’t give it away much but didn’t look like hurting them.

Scores his chance where Hart saved easily and plays Dessers through that time where he got it caught under his feet and the narrative’s completely different.

29 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Todd's starting to lose a bit of good will with me, he doesn't look interested anymore imo. Wouldn't be that sad to take in a fee and see him leave tbh.

Who’s going to buy him?

If there was interest from down south then he wouldn’t be here in the first place.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Tillman was doing the job of stifling McGregor, out muscling him and taking the ball clean off the cunt in the semi final until he had to go off injured.

Asking Cantwell to do the same was always going to be tough for him, it’s not his game. Sterling probably would have been better but we’d all have been going mental if Cantwell didn’t start.

I genuinely didn’t think he did that badly at it, the praise McGregor’s had has been a bit over the top.

It’s going the other way where Todd didn’t cause them enough problems. He was neat and tidy, didn’t give it away much but didn’t look like hurting them.

Scores his chance where Hart saved easily and plays Dessers through that time where he got it caught under his feet and the narrative’s completely different.

If your auntie had balls, she’d be your uncle.

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Just had a lengthy argument with my son where I was saying this is exactly what we needed to do.

Given the personnel available, Sterling was just the man for the job.

Said exactly the same before the game Sterling wouldn’t have given him a minute

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You mean to tell me that if he had scored a goal instead of hitting a tame shot straight at the keeper and if he had played a key pass instead on stumbling about with the ball, people would have thought he had a good game rather than a bad one?

This is revolutionary thinking.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The last paragraph is exactly everyone’s problem with Cantwell, he didn’t score and he didn’t play the ball through when it was on and he very rarely does that is the issue, he would far rather dribble the ball and try daft flicks that very rarely come off to look good then be productive and play the simple ball when it’s on. 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

You mean to tell me that if he had scored a goal instead of hitting a tame shot straight at the keeper and if he had played a key pass instead on stumbling about with the ball, people would have thought he had a good game rather than a bad one?

This is revolutionary thinking.

My point is how extreme the views are, his actual performance was middling and came down to a couple of key moments that could have gone the other way. There were plenty of times he took the ball in tight situations and used his body/skill well to keep possession but he’s had no credit for that.

Now multiple posters have the knives out, wanting him gone, saying Windass was better etc. - it’s OTT.

12 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He looked a wee bit lost yesterday and i think he was trying to cover too much ground, which left him exposed and out of position. 

It was telling that once he came off, we improved

I like Cantwell, but i'm not sure he fits into a Clement side.

Dowell did absolutely nothing, don’t agree with that at all.

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

My point is how extreme the views are, his actual performance was middling and came down to a couple of key moments that could have gone the other way. There were plenty of times he took the ball in tight situations and used his body/skill well to keep possession but he’s had no credit for that.

Now multiple posters have the knives out, wanting him gone, saying Windass was better etc. - it’s OTT.

Getting it right in the key moments is the difference between a good and bad performance. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Getting it right in the key moments is the difference between a good and bad performance. 

Not saying he was good, as you can see from my post you quoted.

Stand by the point on how extreme the views are and it being massively over the top.