Out of contract / free to talk to other clubs

Lundstram but only if we’re bringing his wage down considerably. No point keeping him on wages in excess of £30k p/w on a multi year deal into his 30s. 

Id like us to be actively trying to shift the likes of Matondo, Yilmaz, Davies, Lammers this window. If we could get £7-8million for the 4 of them (which looks fucking unlikely), that could bring in some good quality replacements that’ll actually contribute. 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s in about that range. Caused a bit of a stir internally at the time given the wage structure if I remember right? Was certainly £30k+. 

Reported to have become our highest earner when he joined, apparently Goldsons refusal to sign a new deal was partly down to that (perhaps resentment as JL was useless until February of that season). 

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s in about that range. Caused a bit of a stir internally at the time given the wage structure if I remember right? Was certainly £30k+. 

So say the papers. The club doesn’t reveal wages. So it’s all a bit of a guess. 

There really isn't anyone who can justifiably be kept on. The squad isn't good enough. The core of the team needed to be changed maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago. Butland was a good start but there needs to be far more done than just letting a few guys who don't contribute enough go

Lundstram only 

The rest either aren’t good enough/can’t keep fit or been here to long 

We need to bring in freshness - We all moaned when we extended contracts last years/2years ago, the squad is stale in parts this is our chance to freshen it up

Hopefully with affordable quality…..

Giving new contracts to the like of Barisic and Balogun is why we've ended up in the mess we are.

Continually keeping players who aren't good enough because they will be good 'Squad players' yet play every week.

Keep Lundstram if he agrees to a 2 year deal and get rid of the rest. 

None of them . 

Tbf , Lundstrum and Balogun have done alright for us , but we need to freshen the team up with more younger players , ones that we get a turn out off and we sell on for profit , and keeping these players blocks all that.  

There are others too that need moved , that aren't in the final year of their contract - but that could prove to be a bit more difficult .

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Stop fucking guessing wages. Nobody knows and it isn’t helpful. And while you’re at it change your fucking username. 

You don't get an annual wage bill of £64m with giving players low wages. Players like Butland, Goldson, Tav, Lundstram and Matondo will be on the top end of the scale for us. 

The only issue with Ryan Jack is do we need to keep him due to the homegrown issue.

As for Lundstram, he’s done well recently but he’s basically just a destroyer in our team and would we be a better team if we had a CDM who might not be as good as a destroyer but is able to control a game like Davis used to do when he played.

Compare and contrast the 2 x CDMs on Saturday and their abilities to dictate a game.

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

I'd let them all go tbh. Maybe keep Borna around as back up.

11 minutes ago, The Archer said:

1 year extension for Lundstrum ,the rest can go.

Both players likely to be looking for a final payday contract of 2, 3, maybe even 4 years. Barisic is 31.5 in the summer, Lundstram turned 30.

Cards are stacked in their favour now, if they extended or signed a new contract come summer it'd likely cost a significant sign on fee as well as what are likely to be high wages.

Don't see it being of interest to either to stay another year and whilst I wouldn't be upset based on performances to see Lundstram here a year longer under no  circumstances should we be commiting to longer term deals for either. Barisic I'd move on and bring in a starter and we've got Stetling as cover along with Yilmaz til we can recoup money on him.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if those two already have plans in place elsewhere for next season.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Both players likely to be looking for a final payday contract of 2, 3, maybe even 4 years. Barisic is 31.5 in the summer, Lundstram turned 30.

Cards are stacked in their favour now, if they extended or signed a new contract come summer it'd likely cost a significant sign on fee as well as what are likely to be high wages.

Don't see it being of interest to either to stay another year and whilst I wouldn't be upset based on performances to see Lundstram here a year longer under no  circumstances should we be commiting to longer term deals for either. Barisic I'd move on and bring in a starter and we've got Stetling as cover along with Yilmaz til we can recoup money on him.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if those two already have plans in place elsewhere for next season.

Deffo Borna should be let go we have seen the best of him ,Lundstarm 1 year take it or leave it.

Need to start offloading players early 30s get younger fresher players in

1 hour ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Wages across football are widely reported and generally pretty accurate.

Widely reported by the papers and therefore your second point is mute. 

thing is people guessing wages drives a narrative about who should go and who shouldn’t. 
contribution in my eyes should be the only consideration, whether their on pennies or zillions.