Away fan trial

Got an email.  Can totally understand what the club are trying to do but I’ve been there for over 15 years and can’t say I’m best pleased.  Sitting around a lot of people I consider friends now. 

If being punted to the corner where away fans traditionally sit, or Broomloan front,  then this is a pretty poor consolation.    

Totally get I may get ripped apart for saying this but really disappointed on a personal level. 

IMG_1190.jpeg

I sit in CD4, and there’s quite often European away fans in the club deck with zero segregation in the concourse and a few security guards kicking about around their seats.

Shite if you’re moved from your seat, but could be getting about 900 odd additional fans in with the shift. 

The segregation for teams like Livingston and Ross County is so over the top it's ridiculous. if we could reduce that we wouldn't have to bung fans up in the Club Deck to improve seats share for our fans.

Back in the early 2000s when away fans had BF5, even Hibs and us only had about three columns of seating plus tape covering two more with no stewards or police in between.

We play Ross County now and we have nearly 20 columns of seats just separating GF1 and the GWC. It's madness.

24 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The segregation for teams like Livingston and Ross County is so over the top it's ridiculous. if we could reduce that we wouldn't have to bung fans up in the Club Deck to improve seats share for our fans.

Back in the early 2000s when away fans had BF5, even Hibs and us only had about three columns of seating plus tape covering two more with no stewards or police in between.

We play Ross County now and we have nearly 20 columns of seats just separating GF1 and the GWC. It's madness.

I think the bigger segregation started in the first championship season. IIRC there was a lot of charging either against them or Hearts.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Braga away was higher and cracking 

Though tbf there was more than aboit 6 of our support there and it was a European jolly 😂

Aye, Braga was murder.

some trek back up hill to centre too after the game!

18 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

I can remember a few games in the old Main Stand where away fans were up at the west end of the stand above the west enclosure. This would be the early Souness years.

Ye that’s right. The point I’m making is it is not a new initiative. Aberdeen got put up there also. Hearts on some occasions got the upper Broomloan. 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

If there's 20k on the waiting list why does Ibrox only sell out against the filth or a high stakes game either domestically or in Europe?

Are you for real? :lol:

3 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not comparable. They're getting a better view than they would get in the usual away end at Ibrox.

View from the club deck below

View_from_Club_Deck_-_Ibrox_Stadium.jpg

View from the away end at the piggery below

FatwRWAWYAE3w0C.jpg

So that’s about as good a seat/view as you’d expect from the Club Deck, think it’s fair to say it’s more likely they’ll be put in a corner with a far less favourable view than that. 

3 hours ago, RFC55 said:

These 40 fans that travel down don’t deserve to keep a further 800 Rangers fans out, Infact I think it might be a thousand when segregation is removed 

More to do with the principle of us being seated in an obscure corner  then doing the same to fans of other clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

More to do with the principle of us being seated in an obscure corner  then doing the same to fans of other clubs. 

CD fans getting moved for this. BF fans moved for euro allocations. CF folk permanently moved for singing section. I think some in the Govan got moved for uefa at euro games. All shit for those involved.

As long as we don't deny any ST holders access to games to accommodate more scum fans then I can live with the inconvenience (I'm moved routinely in BF5).

3 hours ago, kanjo said:

Got an email.  Can totally understand what the club are trying to do but I’ve been there for over 15 years and can’t say I’m best pleased.  Sitting around a lot of people I consider friends now. 

If being punted to the corner where away fans traditionally sit, or Broomloan front,  then this is a pretty poor consolation.    

Totally get I may get ripped apart for saying this but really disappointed on a personal level. 

IMG_1190.jpeg

Totally understandable mate, on a personal level it is really disappointing - also that it's happening midway through the season and with very little notice, despite you having already paid in full for your season ticket. 

However if ultimately it benefits the club financially then it'll be hard to see past this being a sound business decision and unfortunately sentiment has to be put to one side in those cases.