*****The Official Dumbarton v Rangers Match Thread*****

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Honestly think you're acting a bit spoiled here. He took over a depleted squad ravaged with injuries. His remit was always to come in and keep us within touching distance. He's won silverware, topped the European group and cut the gap.

What do you expect him to do in terms of style with this group when we're seeing a right back in midfield and relying on youth players and the likes of Dessers. 

You’re reading a bit to much into what I said, I’m delighted with what he’s done since coming in.

We’re playing shit football in the main though.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Shite pitch, mainly due to shite weather, so happy to get this game done and out of the way

I think without the rain it still would have been terrible. 

But can't blame pitch or weather for that performance tonight. 

Thought I had clicked onto the rugby channel by mistake 🥴

Adding to the kaleidoscope telly having me believe my soft drink had been spiked😵‍💫😄

Least we won though. Main thing here. 

Solid win, first 25 minutes wee a bit slow but once the first went in the game was done, then it’s all about game time for fringe players and not getting injuries.

Spoon burning scum next,

15 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Tav surely the best pen taker we have ever had? Anyone know conversion stats

Johnny Hubbard.   He never missed a pen the only ones he didn't score were saved by the keeper.  He told me that himself when I gave him a lift a few years ago. 

23 hours ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

I think without the rain it still would have been terrible. 

But can't blame pitch or weather for that performance tonight. 

Thought I had clicked onto the rugby channel by mistake 🥴

Adding to the kaleidoscope telly having me believe my soft drink had been spiked😵‍💫😄

Least we won though. Main thing here. 

Sorry for not replying before, had to drive a friend of ours to Aberdeen today to get a flight back to Shetland, she had to stay with us for 4 nights, her flight from Glasgow was cancelled every day since Tuesday.

Back to the game, I think you are a bit harsh on the team, weather and pitch were hellish, but it is all about opinions.

We have got a good home tie now for the next round. :coolio:

On 21/01/2024 at 11:10, JCDBigBear said:

Johnny Hubbard.   He never missed a pen the only ones he didn't score were saved by the keeper.  He told me that himself when I gave him a lift a few years ago. 

Johnny was a character. I'd often see him at Waterstones in Ayr plugging his book. He was the kind of guy who'd talk to anyone as they walked in the door 😂