***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

As much as it doesn't help, that ended our best run of results since the 1990's, and considering some of the dead wood we have in the squad it's pretty remarkable that Clement has managed to get a tune out of a lot of these guys.

We've already answered a lot of questions regarding bottle, and the team have shown they have it. 

It's a frustrating day as we know it was a winnable game, but we had one of those days where things just didn't click, and the usually reliable players have made errors that have cost us the game alongside some missed chances at the other end. 

We'll bounce back from this and this season the Old Firm games are going to be more important than they have been in a long time. There will be more twists and turns and i expect both us and them to be pretty much neck and neck come the split 

We're in a proper title race for sure, we've earned the right to be in it, and it's bloody brilliant.

8 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

While the same losers and problems are still evident within our squad, I think Clement has actually done a really good job with it, to the point people expect much more of us.

This league was apparently over mind. Bit of patience, bit of putting up with it and pissing with the cock you've got, we'll be alright.

Come the summer, I think the same issues that have plagued us will be addressed.

We've got a trophy in the bank this season, and I think we're capable of another.

A league cup? Your expectations are well below mine. Serial losers don’t win major trophies. Behave yourself.

2 minutes ago, will2203 said:

A league cup? Your expectations are well below mine. Serial losers don’t win major trophies. Behave yourself.

We can only win what we enter. You'd probably moan if we didn't win the league cup.

It is probably the least prestigious of the 3 trophies available in Scotland but it shouldnt be dismissed. We're about trophies regardless of the competition.

44 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

With our forward line I'm dreading that game 

Unfortunately, me too. I have been watching RFC for 48 years and am a very positive person but this is not at team of winners. Hav3 to agree bro.

5 minutes ago, will2203 said:

How are my expectations below yours? 😂 I expect at least another trophy out of this squad, preferably the league. 

Behave yourself indeed. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We can only win what we enter. You'd probably moan if we didn't win the league cup.

It is probably the least prestigious of the 3 trophies available in Scotland but it shouldnt be dismissed. We're about trophies regardless of the competition.

It’s the diddy cup! Make no mistake I want us to win every cup, every game and even the toss in every game. We have different standards.

Just now, will2203 said:

It’s the diddy cup! Make no mistake I want us to win every cup, every game and even the toss in every game. We have different standards.

So would you have been happy with us being knocked out of the 'diddy cup' rather than win it? 

I don't think we have different standards mate, i want us to win every competition we are in, and i have said the league cup is the least prestigious of the 3 up for grabs in Scotland. I won't be happy if that's the only cup we win this season.

22 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

That's absolute shite tbh. We've won a cup topped our Europa League group and clawed ourselves back to a position where we're in a title race from being miles behind them. Today wasn't nothing to do with shitting it. We're ravaged by injuries and its showing. 

Being second best to the tarriers might be good enough for you but not for me. We get our noses in front in the league and flounder against a pile of shite called Motherwell. Not fucking good enough!

1 minute ago, will2203 said:

Being second best to the tarriers might be good enough for you but not for me. We get our noses in front in the league and flounder against a pile of shite called Motherwell. Not fucking good enough!

No one said being second best is good enough. You're arguing against a point I never made. That's what we are thought, btw. We are the firmly the second best team in Scotland. We're Scotland's Dortmund.

2 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Trying to hard to be Mr Uber Staunch, or my cocks bigger than yours here by the looks of it bud.

I'm sure we'd all rather win a quadruple year on year, reality gets in the way mate, and you need to adjust.

Calm doon 🇬🇧

Today was a boot in the Bollocks without a doubt. However, at two o clock today I didn’t think we’d won the league and at 5 o’clock I didn’t think it was all over. We’re still very much in it and I honestly believe there will be more dropped points by both teams. Injuries are fucking crippling us but hopefully we can win ugly for a few weeks and then het a couple back. I can’t believe that some folk are throwing in the towel with the amount of games still to play. Fuck that, I think we can go on another run now and it’ll go right down to the wire. Finally, the Tarriers haven’t went top yet so let’s hope the Jambos can do us a favour. 

45 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Bollocks….serial losers. Defence is shite. Desserts is a fucking embarrassment. Unless the ball hits off him and goes in, he fires it wide or hits a defender or the goalkeeper. Today, unfortunately, showed us up for what we are. Motherwell…FFS!

Oh Will

image.gif.50aca372310f8eede49f1ef5a43277e8.gif

4 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Oh Will

image.gif.50aca372310f8eede49f1ef5a43277e8.gif

Why are you sending me a selfie, you stupid bastard?

if you don’t have the highest expectations and standards, support another team.

20 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

No one said being second best is good enough. You're arguing against a point I never made. That's what we are thought, btw. We are the firmly the second best team in Scotland. We're Scotland's Dortmund.

No, we are Glasgow Rangers. Only first place is good enough!

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm honestly shocked at how much both Goldson and Souttar struggled to handle him. He bullied them both for 90 minutes.

It was pathetic, but far from the first time. A lot being made of how poor our forward line were and are but for me it was that pair that lost that game today.   People are saying they fear for our chances of scoring goals against celtic but i fear far more about keeping goals out. We basically start every game against them minus 1. We will gift them at least one, more probably two. 

53 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Ok will, its not good enough for you. What do you propose to do about it?

41 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Why are you sending me a selfie, you stupid bastard?

if you don’t have the highest expectations and standards, support another team.

No one’s said they don’t have high expectations or standards Willy. The defence is what is, can’t be changed this season. And Dessers is our only fit striker Willy so not sure what you want to happen. Try calming down a bit.

2 hours ago, will2203 said:

Bollocks….serial losers. Defence is shite. Desserts is a fucking embarrassment. Unless the ball hits off him and goes in, he fires it wide or hits a defender or the goalkeeper. Today, unfortunately, showed us up for what we are. Motherwell…FFS!

Get a grip man Fs 

2 hours ago, will2203 said:

Unfortunately, me too. I have been watching RFC for 48 years and am a very positive person but this is not at team of winners. Hav3 to agree bro.

Very positive person 

:mutley:

Unfortunately it was just one of those days, every team has one. The whole team wasn’t at it, Well Keeper had a great game also every Well player to a man were brilliant and they where in top form and we were rotten all over the park. It’s out of our system now and we go again. This lg will go to the last two games just like before this game.