***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

also disappointed at our result yesterday but it worked out in the end... kinda. could've been a better weekend but we're still top.

we were never going to win every game so it's good we got one out the way and survived it. on to the next game and hopefully back to our winning ways.

Having no wingers is very concerning. Just hope we can get some players back for the run in. Europa is a free hit i would use the squad players for it. As a fanbase we want the league. 

full strength think we canter the league but we looking very light at minute in forward areas

We just need to put this weekend behind us and concentrate on getting max points against Dundee and Hibs so we go into the game on 7th April on top.  Hopefully we'll have a couple back by then and be looking stronger

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Exactly, we could easily have dropped points,at Kilmarnock aswell. Loads of possible permutations could have happened in the last 7 days. We could have been 7 clear, (had they drew with Motherwell) but we also could be 4 points behind.

It's all if, buts and maybes.

If we were to drop points in any game of the last 8 days. Motherwell was the one I thought we'd skoosh. Hearts and Killie were the ones I was worried about. 

We dodged a bullet this weekend. The Motherwell performance was a worry though. Hope it was just a one off and not the usual end of season malaise 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I’m not even annoyed about this result anymore. We were always going to have a slip at some point and we’ve got away with it.

Not annoyed? I'm still raging, we need to win this ourselves and we won't if we play/defend like that.

I would only be completly blazing t this point if they were yesterday an us today.

As stands we are slightly better off and PC will know where to tweek.

They are falling and don't have the spine for a chase by the looks of it.

15 hours ago, Madina said:

If we were to drop points in any game of the last 8 days. Motherwell was the one I thought we'd skoosh. Hearts and Killie were the ones I was worried about. 

We dodged a bullet this weekend. The Motherwell performance was a worry though. Hope it was just a one off and not the usual end of season malaise 

It's maybe the kick up the arse they needed.

We now have a wee break from the league, hopefully some bodies back available 👍 

15 hours ago, Madina said:

If before the Hearts game last weekend, I was offered our position come today, I would have took it in a heartbeat.

16 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

And they got added time winner last week.  If’s but’s maybes we could be 7 clear after today.

They could be 4 clear if we hadn't came back at Kilmarnock and they had beat Hearts.

Ifs, buts, maybes.

I will settle for where we are now.

Crucial we’re back on it in the next league game. If we’re feeling nervy and drop to that level week in week out now anything can happen. Hopefully Saturday was just pure complacency, back to the levels we were at up to and in the Hearts game and we can end them at Ibrox.

A lot of people saying Saturday was a missed opportunity but there's no guarantee their game yesterday would've gone the way it did had we won our game. These don't occur in a vacuum.

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth on this one and just accepting the good fortune.

I just want the team to now really focus on the fact their are only nine league games to go and give it their all in each one. That's surely not too hard to get in the zone for.

6 minutes ago, BigDak said:

A lot of people saying Saturday was a missed opportunity but there's no guarantee their game yesterday would've gone the way it did had we won our game. These don't occur in a vacuum.

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth on this one and just accepting the good fortune.

I just want the team to now really focus on the fact their are only nine league games to go and give it their all in each one. That's surely not too hard to get in the zone for.

Need to win ur home games to win the league 👍

We lost to Motherwell at Ibrox for first time in 27 years. A team who had 1 point from their last 5 or 6 games.

Not sure what I’m trying to say tbf 😂😂

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Need to win ur home games to win the league 👍

We lost to Motherwell at Ibrox for first time in 27 years. A team who had 1 point from their last 5 or 6 games.

Not sure what I’m trying to say tbf 😂😂

Morherwell won the match before they played us and also beat Ross county a couple of weeks back.

12 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I've been thinking about this myself. Maybe the opportunity for them adds pressure that the couldn't handle yesterday. If we win on Saturday, does it feel more routine for them? Impossible to tell, but I think our result definitely changes the dynamic.

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Morherwell won the match before they played us and also beat Ross county a couple of weeks back.

👍 stand corrected 4 points from last 5 games, no wins in 4

18 hours ago, the old guard said:

Not annoyed? I'm still raging, we need to win this ourselves and we won't if we play/defend like that.

As I said, we were always going to drop points at some point. We’ve done it and still managed to come out of the weekend in a better position than we went into it so no, I’m not annoyed.

The Motherwell result will hopefully be the reality check the players need to make sure we don’t slip up again.