***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Wrote similar before the game when I heard about cortes. I'd play the kids that we have to put in europa squad on Thursday. We cannot afford more injuries and the players looked leggy last 2 games(I hope that's what it is anyway)

I get your point, but there's no way we can or should be sending the reserves and kids away to Benfica, in the last 16. I can't see it happening and genuinely wouldn't want to see us doing that. 

Would rather go full strength for Benfica away, experiment with the kids and reserves against Hibs in the cup in between and then full strength against Benfica at home and Dundee away. 

Doubt the players would be too chuffed at getting benched for Benfica away. This is the kind of game they came to us for. 

14 minutes ago, King Jela said:

We only have one league game left before the International break, Dundee away, and that is a genuine must win.

With our squad and injury situation I could accept defeats to Benfica as well as going out the cup to the junkies, but we need to win up at Dundee. 

League is the priority. 

We won’t win at Dundee if we go in on the back of a home defeat to Motherwell, a defeat overall to Benfica and papped out the cup as well. That will take a lot to come back from itself. 

We need a positive result on Thursday to get ourselves up again. If we get a pasting it could derail us. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I get your point, but there's no way we can or should be sending the reserves and kids away to Benfica, in the last 16. I can't see it happening and genuinely wouldn't want to see us doing that. 

Would rather go full strength for Benfica away, experiment with the kids and reserves against Hibs in the cup in between and then full strength against Benfica at home and Dundee away. 

Doubt the players would be too chuffed at getting benched for Benfica away. This is the kind of game they came to us for. 

I've no doubt you are correct but something has to give and we have no chance of winning europa really. The league is everything but if we don't get it done the cup would be consolation at least

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

We won’t win at Dundee if we go in on the back of a home defeat to Motherwell, a defeat overall to Benfica and papped out the cup as well. That will take a lot to come back from itself. 

We need a positive result on Thursday to get ourselves up again. If we get a pasting it could derail us. 

Always find it a sticky place for us late in season for some reason even though we normally grind out a win, the Dundee game was one I had my eye on, even more important now...

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Always find it a sticky place for us late in season for some reason even though we normally grind out a win, the Dundee game was one I had my eye on, even more important now...

We need to be at the very worst a point behind rolling into the Old Firm. It’ll twist and turn after that but if we don’t have the chance to go top in that game, I can see it unraveling. Not down to the manager but down to the players themselves. 

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We need to be at the very worst a point behind rolling into the Old Firm. It’ll twist and turn after that but if we don’t have the chance to go top in that game, I can see it unraveling. Not down to the manager but down to the players themselves. 

Yeah absolutely no doubt about that and realistically we have to be top after it cos no way these players win at parkhead in april/may imo 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

We only have one league game left before the International break, Dundee away, and that is a genuine must win.

With our squad and injury situation I could accept defeats to Benfica as well as going out the cup to the junkies, but we need to win up at Dundee. 

League is the priority. 

agree to an extent on Europe but for me the cup is still majorly important 

The league is still in the balance and can go either way and what will be will be  . Landing the two cups would still be a massive step in the right direction regardless and send a message that we are back to striving for consistent success as a club. I personally just feel after last decade I don't think we are in a position to really pick and choose domestic success. Every opportunity to land a trophy should be a high priority

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I'm saying I would take it going into the International break, if that was to be our next win. 

I want us full strength on Thursday and an uplifting result. 

I'm still absolutely raging about that performance yesterday.

Chance to go 5 clear and stay there (by the looks of it).

An absolutely shambolic performance from so many, not sure anyone stuck in a shift worth mentioning. We've had a major let off today but fuck me, going 5 clear with the next derby at Ibrox would have been some position to be in.

Alas, it looks like there is going to be loads more twists to this before May as neither side are looking particularly better than the other.

10 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

An absolutely shambolic performance from so many, not sure anyone stuck in a shift worth mentioning. We've had a major let off today but fuck me, going 5 clear with the next derby at Ibrox would have been some position to be in.

Alas, it looks like there is going to be loads more twists to this before May as neither side are looking particularly better than the other.

It is a pain in hindsight. Even just a draw would have been excellent. However one match closer to the end and still in front.

My weekend not ruined after all 🤣

Manage to drag myself out of bed dust down and drink a can

Bad weekend could have been better but could have been worse.

Right up you bum bashing bum bashed scumbags, even backed by cardinal Robertson you fucked it.

21 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

No point on dwelling. We lost but if we won they wouldn’t have had the pressure of going top and potentially strolled it.

As long as we’re top going into the game on the 7th April then we take it from there

24 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

No point on dwelling. We lost but if we won they wouldn’t have had the pressure of going top and potentially strolled it.

As long as we’re top going into the game on the 7th April then we take it from there

Exactly, we could easily have dropped points,at Kilmarnock aswell. Loads of possible permutations could have happened in the last 7 days. We could have been 7 clear, (had they drew with Motherwell) but we also could be 4 points behind.

It's all if, buts and maybes.