***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

They had two chances and took them. We had more than two chances and took one.

The warning signs have been there all season. We’re wasteful in front of goal and yesterday it bit us in the arse.

They had more than 2 chances.

2 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

The warning signs have been there all season. We’re wasteful in front of goal and yesterday it bit us in the arse.

They could and should have scored 4 or 5 from the chances they had.

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Look we were never going to win every game until the end of the season. We won at Killie which we all thought there was a strong possibility of dropping points. 

No team wins every game.

The performance was poor but we have to move on no matter the scums result today.

8 wins and a draw secures the league title.

Will come down to the 2 games against them. We need 4 points from them imo. Can't see it

We simply don't have a good enough forward line for it.

It's shite because with them all available we win this league. Our injuries have fucked us

43 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Yep fucking diabolical. Potentially fucked all the good work with one of the worst performances you could imagine against that shite. 
Motherwell could have had 4 or 5 if their players took better decisions

I

We had 31 attempts at goal our finishing was diabolical and we where a shambles in defence, poor all over the park at times but still created enough chances to bury Motherwell. You have days like this in title races it’s how we respond to it that matters now, after our last defeat we went on a 10 game winning streak.

Hawd yer nerve fs we’re still in a strong position to push for the title. The injury situation is my only worry at this point. 

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

The quality in our starting XI is laughable at the moment in all honesty.

You arent winning any titles with Dessers up top with Mccausland and Sterling on the wings. 

Ironic that scum fans are moaning about underinvestment while a few million on Shankland and Armstrong would have saved us from your scenario and put us in a hugely stronger position.

39 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

They had alot of chances imo

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

We had 31 attempts at goal our finishing was diabolical and we where a shambles in defence, poor all over the park at times but still created enough chances to bury Motherwell. You have days like this in title races it’s how we respond to it that matters now, after our last defeat we went on a 10 game winning streak.

Hawd yer nerve fs we’re still in a strong position to push for the title. The injury situation is my only worry at this point. 

That pretty much sums up how I feel. A bad day at the office which happens in title race and even more likely after a big run of consecutive wins.

We've actually dropped points to Motherwell at some point in, I think, 13 of our last 17 title wins and I'd guess you probably drop points to at least half of the league in any title victory.

The injuries are the biggest concern and it's all in the same area. Fortunately for the league we only have one game until the 30th so hopefully we should have a few more back by then!

Slept on that as much as I could too.

On another day we still win that, combination of all the dark arts conspiring against us in one day.

Defense bullied which is very worrying, should be thriving with confidence yet crumbled. Been watching loads of you tube for weeks as off work recovering from surgery.

Goldson who ironically is our best individual defender is and has been the common denominator of calamity over the years. Not a team player not a warrior or person who really goes in were it hurts, hence amount of games injury free. He should actually have scored at least 30 more goals as does get a lot of headers in opposition box.

I will excuse Goalkeeper as he has been magnificent for us this season but 2 goals he saves on another day.

Midfield were just about fine but with Motherwell knocking it long beyond them to buly and pester our soft as shit CHs, then sitting in deep on edge of 18 when defending, theyl struggled.

Wide players, really missed Cortes, I hope I am proved wrong and he is ok, the boy McCausland is never going to cut it.

Up front, seams no matter who we start with we don't get best, only get best when it's changed, Dessers I have tried given benefit of the doubt, but is slower than me ball at his feet, reading of the game is also poor.

Silva is what he is a cart horse on last chance to make it at Wolves, failing badly.

We were really poor, that aside still should be winning that with the chances and possesion we had.

Boy Kelly in Goal, who I don't rate, had an easy game but made to look a world beater. Everything right at or in and around him. I would save those. This shows no real cunning ruthlesses in the team in front of goal.

The Boss, doing what he can by performing minor miracles, yesterday was a combination of injuries and poor overall performances with nobody getting a 7/10. I believe even yesterday's blip will make him come out bigger better and stronger.

Referee and VAR

They are royaly fucking us, we never get onfeild big decisions now, when it is clear and obviously for us they are reverting to VAR where they scrutinise and check forensically for an eternity to turn us down, and have, breaking the usual normal.

But when its possibly not clear and obvious VAR dismissal of us is done in seconds sometimes not even checked.

I am old school so a tackle like the on on McCausland yesterday is right up my street. But new Laws dictate its a straight red. No ifs and buts. 

To summarise we need to be on it to beat 12 plus VAR every week or the country of of corruption will conceal us.

Hope lack of any real goalscorer doesn't haunt us. We have 5 do called strikers none are clinical or ruthless enough.

Next to Portugal and then easter rd were they cunts will raise game from the gutter to the roof tops for us. No self pitty just the cry of no surrender required.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Now that I've slept on it I keep thinking that I expected us to drop points and I feel a bit more calm; but then I remember the squad that we have available and I just feel pure despair.

My feeling as well. Didn’t think we’d win every game and knew dropping points was likely. The position we’re in now is the struggle because we need 8 wins and a draw at Parkhead to win it and with that forward line I’d be shocked if we did. It’s simply put but we’ve got to assume they’ll win every game out with us

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

My feeling as well. Didn’t think we’d win every game and knew dropping points was likely. The position we’re in now is the struggle because we need 8 wins and a draw at Parkhead to win it and with that forward line I’d be shocked if we did. It’s simply put but we’ve got to assume they’ll win every game out with us

We need that if they don't drop points. I think they probably will, but I think we'll drop more now. 

Slept on it and still in shock that we didn't score more than one goal and make it harder for them to take the 3 points.  We haven't conceded a lot in the league and yesterday we could have lost 4. Really poor considering 2 cdms on the park too.

We couldn't really afford losses in our final 10 games and we have killed our momentum. Hopefully Clement can get another big run going.

A lot of players looked empty yesterday and didn't have the urgency or press going.

We will see over the next 3 games.

Huge wage budget-Big Squad -  poor recruitment. 

So unlucky with injuries currently but we have decent players that should be contributing more from the squad.

Set back but let's see how we respond.

25 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Slept on it and still in shock that we didn't score more than one goal and make it harder for them to take the 3 points.  We haven't conceded a lot in the league and yesterday we could have lost 4. Really poor considering 2 cdms on the park too.

We couldn't really afford losses in our final 10 games and we have killed our momentum. Hopefully Clement can get another big run going.

A lot of players looked empty yesterday and didn't have the urgency or press going.

We will see over the next 3 games.

Huge wage budget-Big Squad -  poor recruitment. 

So unlucky with injuries currently but we have decent players that should be contributing more from the squad.

Set back but let's see how we respond.

As disastrous as it was even if we scrapped a draw could of been important, to lose is unacceptable 

We only have one league game left before the International break, Dundee away, and that is a genuine must win.

With our squad and injury situation I could accept defeats to Benfica as well as going out the cup to the junkies, but we need to win up at Dundee. 

League is the priority. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

We only have one league game left before the International break, Dundee away, and that is a genuine must win.

With our squad I could accept defeats to Benfica as well as going out the cup to the junkies, but we need to win up at Dundee. 

League is the priority. 

Wrote similar before the game when I heard about cortes. I'd play the kids that we have to put in europa squad on Thursday. We cannot afford more injuries and the players looked leggy last 2 games(I hope that's what it is anyway)

Was pretty annoyed yesterday but if Clement is right that we had around 4xG to their <0xG it just shows how poor our forward line is really.  The half time highlights featuring Morelos showed to me how much we miss a player like that (was often critical of his finishing but take it all back watching some of our current team!) 

2 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

Was pretty annoyed yesterday but if Clement is right that we had around 4xG to their <0xG it just shows how poor our forward line is really.  The half time highlights featuring Morelos showed to me how much we miss a player like that (was often critical of his finishing but take it all back watching some of our current team!) 

Screenshot_20240303-104512.png