***** The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread *****

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

For one we don't go 2 defensive mids at home to Motherwell, negative right from the off

McAusland, who has struggled in his actual positive getting put on the left & a defender at right wing...the whole setup today was wrong 

He's going to have to find something, either stick 2 up top & overload the midfield or find a big 6ft5 bastard in the u20s to get his head on our shitty crosses

As shown by putting a proper (you know what I mean) CF up front changed it v Killie, we should have used known wing options, i.e. Wright instead of Sterling.

Scunnered.

Ref was shocking. They should have had a player sent off.

We  must have had over 15 corners and failed to make anything from any of them.

Injuries are starting to catch up with us. We will have to rely on players who don't deserve to start for us in the coming weeks. Does not bode well.

Just hope Hearts get something from their game on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

They’re no world beaters. Every chance we could win there.

Not with what's currently available. I think it'll be close to being done by the time we go there. I'd be utterly stunned if this squad wins the league.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m with Pena here. Wasn’t bottled, just a lack of quality. Season is fucked with injuries. 

Yeh I think the players have shown the total opposite. Winning games we shouldn’t have.

Today injuries caught up and we just lacked our quality players.

Then having to play players out position fucks the system and patterns of play.

And finally some key players like Lundstrum look like they’re running a bit on empty having played at such intensity since PC arrived.

We need to limp through till we get bodies back.

Europe is a sideshow we honestly don’t need either at this point

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m with Pena here. Wasn’t bottled, just a lack of quality. Season is fucked with injuries. 

100%. It's not a bottle job. We won a cup, clawed back a massive deficit to lead the league, but too many of our starters are out and we're paying the price.

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Always expected some kind of bump in the road. Never expected it would come at home.

Ref was awful but we passed up too many chances again. Injuries not helping but can't help but feel messed up not landing another striker in January. 

I still cannot believe we missed so many chances, while we did not play well we had so many opportunities to win the game. Sickening.

We have RB in Sterling who has now proved himself to be a decent player why is he not playing in the RB position because he is the best player for that position.

We signed a RW Cortes who plays on the LW 

Players who are best for their natural position should be played in that position

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don't think we should write it off mate. Let's hope for the best tomorrow and hope we can get a tune out of the players we have left availible. 

It's going to be one fucking uphill battle though. 

13 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I still cannot believe we missed so many chances, while we did not play well we had so many opportunities to win the game. Sickening.

It's unfortunately been an ongoing theme. Too many good chances passed up to make games comfortable.

Today it really bit us as our backline struggled so badly. 

It's so frustrating because it's an issue we've had for some time. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Not that I’m disagreeing but only one of those names started in our best performance of the season last week.

Was going to say that. Only really Cortes that was missing from then(big blow all the same) 

So we should be doing much better than that today. 

Out of the last 3 games, the game today was the one I was least worried about. More fool me.