Injury crisis (again)

Season feels absolutely fucked with the injuries to the forward line, and yesterday’s result.

Might just be the relentless let downs you get from Rangers in recent years, but be interested to know who else thinks that way.

Could all swing on one good / bad result, but struggling to see the league going our way now. 

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Season feels absolutely fucked with the injuries to the forward line, and yesterday’s result.

Might just be the relentless let downs you get from Rangers in recent years, but be interested to know who else thinks that way.

Could all swing on one good / bad result, but struggling to see the league going our way now. 

That's pretty much how I feel.

Anything can happen in football so I don't think it's over, but I think everything is firmly in their favour and I expect them to win the league.

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah same. We really had to stay top for the game against them but blew it in one of our easiest fixtures.

I don't trust the players we have left starting now. Dessers, Wright, Raskin, Jack and a crocked Roofe if he can last more than 30 mins.

In a title run in you need goals and your best players...we just don't.

They will need to collapse but yesterday will spur them on and I cam see them taking 4 or 5 off them today and sadly that will be the beginning of their turn in form

All our own doing 

19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know it’s hard to see it now but I still think we will do it. We need a couple of players back fit before Dundee though. I would start players that need match fitness in the benfica games to get them ready for domestic games. If we had a full squad I’d want to go for Europe too but needs must. 

15 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

I would play the kids against Benfica.

The chances of us qualifying with our decimated squad are slim.

If we get through we will likely get knocked out the next round. (And have another 2 games to play).

We haven’t registered any “kids” for Europe so that’s silly 

24 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Over the last few weeks I've bought into all the talk of trebles etc before that tho I always stated this squad wasn't good enough to win the league and without a number 9 and a scum collapse we wouldn't win it. We got the scum collapse but just the number of injuries and the sheer lack of quality up front is gonna come back to haunt us imo. It'll take something exceptional now given the players available. 

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The momentum changing this weekend is sickening. We're definitely up against it when the beasts do the inevitable later and it's our fault.

Given that it can change on one result, I would say the injuries are more concerning for me now. We looked clueless and benign with no wide threat.

40 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We haven’t registered any “kids” for Europe so that’s silly 

Ha yeh just seen. For some reason thought we had registered 3/4 young guys that don’t count to the main squad

One of the first things Philippe touched on when he arrived was the injuries. Obviously players will get injured from time to time its a physical game, and especially in Scotland where we have dinosaurs as managers and overly physical teams. But the amount of injuries we get and the length of them is baffling at times. I'm sure the manager will sort it out but it is going to take time. Meanwhile we have to labour on with dross - If Philippe Clement can guide this squad to the title it will be a fucking miracle. Also shows how shit our youth policy is and I don't even know why we have a B team because there doesnt seem to be a single player who can step in to fill the void.

Worries me that we could get totally battered in Portugal which wont do the confidence much good. A week ago it was all looking good, then BOOM. Just when you think we've turned a corner, we hit another brick wall.

Rangers should always be fighting on all fronts.

But just this season I’d be absolutely fine playing the kids against Benfica. (Other than it fucks the fans who’ve paid)

We don’t have the squad to do both to our best level. 

But if we keep our first team fresh, get players back and avoid injuries. We’re winning this league.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Only good thing is we only have 2 league games in next 4 weeks. So hopefully we can just struggle through and pick up a couple of wins. By then we should have at least have Sima, Cantwell and Matondo back just in time for the run in.

Even 1 or 2 of them back for the 7th April is massive

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

How do you feel today?

22 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Cortes will be relieved he's only on loan, at least he can go back to his parent club for treatment. We must be the worst club in the world for diagnosis and recovery and then turning slight knocks into long term absences.

If we have an obligation to buy his club won't be bothered.

3 hours ago, downviewbear said:

God there's some miserable people on ffs we've had one setback and we're still top of the league.

It's not the one defeat yesterday that has me massively worried for the run in, it's the injuries to our creative players. Going forward it's going to be a real struggle breaking down defences with what we have left.

On 03/03/2024 at 13:24, Redmond7 said:

One of the first things Philippe touched on when he arrived was the injuries. Obviously players will get injured from time to time its a physical game, and especially in Scotland where we have dinosaurs as managers and overly physical teams. But the amount of injuries we get and the length of them is baffling at times. I'm sure the manager will sort it out but it is going to take time. Meanwhile we have to labour on with dross - If Philippe Clement can guide this squad to the title it will be a fucking miracle. Also shows how shit our youth policy is and I don't even know why we have a B team because there doesnt seem to be a single player who can step in to fill the void.

Worries me that we could get totally battered in Portugal which wont do the confidence much good. A week ago it was all looking good, then BOOM. Just when you think we've turned a corner, we hit another brick wall.

Said the same thing, Was less than a handful of games ago when we played St Johnstone, you looked at the starting 11 and the bench and we were in a really good place, couldn't see past us at that point. 

We seem to consistently get injuries to players, in the same position, at the same time.  Earlier in the season we had no central mids (up stepped Sterling and did a fine job) 

Sterling has a lot of quality to his game but isn't the most creative or skillful. Great if you want to nullify an attack going down one side, not so great if youre the one wanting to do the attacking. 

At this moment in time I think we are in trouble, I don't think Saturday was just a blip (although would love to be proved wrong) 

Clement likes wingers. First thing he did (pretty much) was promote Mccausland, then brought in another winger in January. So obviously a position he believes are key to the way he wants to play. 

If anything, it will be interesting to see what his plans are for the weeks ahead.