Injury crisis (again)

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It’s whether Cantwell can come back in as he left off though.

Can’t afford him taking 3-4 games to get into a rhythm.

Aye, same for any of them if they get back. If they're back for Dundee they get that game a Hibs to get up to speed and we need the what's currently at our disposal to keep us no more than 1 point behind.

15 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

If we can get Cantwell and Sima back for the league starting again we've got a chance.

It doesn't sound as if Sima is likely to be back for the Dundee game, but if he was back for Hibs on 30th, that would be a huge help

We got through a pandemic relatively untouched with either covid or injuries whatever milsom was doing get back to it 

Seriously tho we have our front 4 fucked by injuries hopefully 2 maybe 3 back in time to try do a cup double. 

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Aye, same for any of them if they get back. If they're back for Dundee they get that game a Hibs to get up to speed and we need the what's currently at our disposal to keep us no more than 1 point behind.

Not saying it hasn’t happened but can’t remember the last time a player who’s been out injured has come back in and not taken time to build back up.

It’s gutting really, Cantwell and then Cortes were both heading into the type of form that wins you a league.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We got through a pandemic relatively untouched with either covid or injuries whatever milsom was doing get back to it 

Seriously tho we have our front 4 fucked by injuries hopefully 2 maybe 3 back in time to try do a cup double. 

Got to get past Hibs next weekend after an away tie in Europe first.

Not confident,  tbh

1 minute ago, Southsider said:

Got to get past Hibs next weekend after an away tie in Europe first.

Not confident,  tbh

Not with the current forward line we have available I agree but hoping for the best 👍

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not saying it hasn’t happened but can’t remember the last time a player who’s been out injured has come back in and not taken time to build back up.

It’s gutting really, Cantwell and then Cortes were both heading into the type of form that wins you a league.

If we don't lose Cantwell and Cortes I think the league was 50/50, but I fancied us. The ball is firmly in their court now, sadly.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

If we don't lose Cantwell and Cortes I think the league was 50/50, but I fancied us. The ball is firmly in their court now, sadly.

I’m a cautious bastard and always thought we needed to be 5 points ahead going into the split to win the title. We have an awful record at that cesspit and the scum will have 3 home games. Yesterday was a massive fuckin blow. 

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Hibs away in the Cup was always going to be tough. It will be a fuckin struggle to get through with our injuries and awful forwards/goal threat

Hbs are fucking dug meat mate, I don't want to be jinxing us but we should still have plenty to see them off

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Yeah agreed.

Let’s see how they get on today but win that and they’re in control.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

How long has cantwell been out already feels like ages didn't the manager say it would only be a couple of weeks. 

Two weeks. I think the quote was 3 to 4 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah agreed.

Let’s see how they get on today but win that and they’re in control.

I really don't fancy us in the old firm at ibrox, we will miss too many chances and gift them some. Imperative we score first.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hbs are fucking dug meat mate, I don't want to be jinxing us but we should still have plenty to see them off

U serious we've just been thrown about by Theo Bair  and his rotten Motherwell team ffs. 

Danilo, Sima, Cortes, Cantwell.:ang:

The only fit forward left is the one we’d happily sacrifice.

Take the equivalent players from the scum squad and see how they’d cope.

Cortes, Diomande and Silva have helped since joining but we’ve lost one of them already.

Every week that passes, the decision to overlook Shankland and Armstrong looks like a false economy given the money that a league title would earn us.

Be interesting to see SFA reaction to Clement’s “kicked off the park” comments.

Pretty disrespectful (although accurate) and we’ve seen managers pulled up for comments like this in the past.

If they don’t take him to task, does that mean that they know he’s spot on?

32 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeh. Cortes would have been improving every game at his age.

Understanding runs and building that chemistry with your full back and striker takes time.

Now if/when he comes back. He’s not going to be at his best for a few matches.

Just insanely bad luck. As on paper our first 11 was flying

24 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Theyve actually improved the last couple of weeks. Shouldve beat hearts midweek. The thing is they wont need top be particularly good if we play anything like yesterday. If we dont tighten up at the back we are in trouble.

56 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

snort-line.thumb.gif.f0716eadeb6e6422ad38bddef1c56650.gif