Injury crisis (again)

24 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Thursday night at left wing.

And that’ll be fine. He put in an excellent performance away to Leipzig. No reason he can’t do it again, if called upon.

Bollocks to starting him at home, and expecting him to create anything, though.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I agree but i think the manager will think differently.

I think you’re right

But if he feels like fatigue+risk of further injuries hurts our title chances. Then would/should the board basically communicate they would be happy to field a rotated team in Europe.

There are plenty of other seasons for European runs. But this title is enormously important with all the financial implications that go with it

9 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I think you’re right

But if he feels like fatigue+risk of further injuries hurts our title chances. Then would/should the board basically communicate they would be happy to field a rotated team in Europe.

There are plenty of other seasons for European runs. But this title is enormously important with all the financial implications that go with it

Thursday, Sunday, Thursday, Sunday and then two weeks off.

We better have our best available 11 out at Dundee, absolutely no excuses.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

No chance, get a pumping in Europe it won't do anyone any good.

Equally playing our best team risks further injuries and more fatigue.

We’ve seen in previous seasons teams consistently running out of steam second half of the season. Whilst celtic who’ve been pumped out early can stay fresh.

Its not an injury 'crisis' when we sign players who have injury ravaged careers and somehow think we're miracle workers that are going to get them playing...

Cantwell, Danilo, Dowell, Roofe, Souttar....even as back far back as Helander and co...

We sign these guys who have injury records then we're surprised when they're out injured...

Only ones I think we've been unlucky on is Cortes, boy had barely had a run of games so suppose a hamstring injury isn't that surprising & Lawrence, he's been fucked since  he came here after a relatively free period at Derby

10 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Not dwelling on it too much, just going to ignore it and pretend everything is fine.

It'll be fine. It's fine.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

E9Gz5q1XEAI0Pk5.jpg

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

The league is the priority. 

We don't have the squad to compete for the 3 trophies remaining. 

With what we’ve got available the next two games could see us as good as out of two of those competitions. Europe is a free hit but could end up in a drubbing if Benficas forwards fancy roughing up Goldson and Hibs will be rubbing their hands at the thought of facing a forward line of Dessers, Wright and Sterling. 
The league is everything but I fear we’ve fucked it today 

11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

You’d hope that Cantwell and Sima are back for Hibs game at end of March.

Fuck knows what’s up with Matondo and be surprised if we see Dowell in a Rangers top again.

Isn't it only Cantwell that's due back before the end of the season?

11 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Cortes will be relieved he's only on loan, at least he can go back to his parent club for treatment. We must be the worst club in the world for diagnosis and recovery and then turning slight knocks into long term absences.

Revealed : the entire Rangers medical treatment supply kit.

IMG_3989.jpeg.5efa24e2e5dbb2535ecd11ea25f8d698.jpeg

13 hours ago, Badger said:

Lack of depth is costing us. If everyone is fit we can field a strong team and bench, but 2 or 3 injured and it starts faltering.

we do get a lot of injuries though.

How big a squad would we need to allow for losing four wingers to injury? (assuming McCausland is out for a bit)

We have enough midfielders as we could have played Lawrence, Diomande or Sterling alongside Lundstram

I don't really think it's about depth, it's about quality.  Our centre forwards aren't good enough and both our CBs were horsed by a powerful CF yesterday.  

I do agree that we have nobody of the required standard wide right, something we've known about for ages

27 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Isn't it only Cantwell that's due back before the end of the season?

Sima is back in training next week, apparently, so may make it back before the end of the season

Getting Cantwell back would be a huge plus

3 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Sima is back in training next week, apparently, so may make it back before the end of the season

Getting Cantwell back would be a huge plus

If we can get Cantwell and Sima back for the league starting again we've got a chance.