***** The Official Benfica v Rangers Europa League Round of 16 Match Thread *****

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Yes. 

But we’d have to just lock the gates and not come back if we won in Dublin. I think we’d get shut down, Ireland wouldn’t know what had hit it. 

It would be the pinnacle, there’s never be another night that eclipses it. 

Winning it there, at this time would be the ultimate and I can’t even begin to imagine what would unfold during the celebrations never mind the build up…

4 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Can't wait to head off for this tomorrow. I dont expect a win, if we at least give Benfica a game and give us a goal to celebrate I'd take that. I do think we could give them a mugging though. We shall see

Take a draw and bring them back to Ibrox, where on a Thursday night I fancy us against anyone :lol:

If they’ve got any sense they’ll try and put us to bed before we get them back at Ibrox. Might allow us to pick them apart on the break

If we can bring back a result or a one goal deficit I’m confident we’ll turn them over at home. 2 goals down and we might have to put them out in extra time over here :craphead:

9 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

If they’ve got any sense they’ll try and put us to bed before we get them back at Ibrox. Might allow us to pick them apart on the break

If we can bring back a result or a one goal deficit I’m confident we’ll turn them over at home. 2 goals down and we might have to put them out in extra time over here :craphead:

Is that the reason for the early kick-off then?

Nice of UEFA to ensure our supporters are all home at a reasonable hour.

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Di Maria was very complimentary about us.

Di Maria is a smart guy who's been around various big clubs and knows the danger of a big fan base at home in the 2nd leg

Watch him on Thursday, he'll be the complete opposite of that in the game, they'll play for everything at home