Fabio Silva

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’d take him over Shankland too but there’s no chance Aberdeen make it possible for us and fwiw I don’t think we’ll sign either of them 

It probably depends on what sort of budget we have in the summer. As it stands I don't think we will have much of a budget at all and just one of those players would probably be a huge chunk of that. If we win the league that would obviously change our budget drastically. Not sure there's much to be made in player sales to fund a summer spending spree either. 

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

It probably depends on what sort of budget we have in the summer. As it stands I don't think we will have much of a budget at all and just one of those players would probably be a huge chunk of that. If we win the league that would obviously change our budget drastically. Not sure there's much to be made in player sales to fund a summer spending spree either. 

Shankland is out of contract in the summer I thought? I just don’t think he’s someone Phil will go for tbh 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Shankland is out of contract in the summer I thought? I just don’t think he’s someone Phil will go for tbh 

Still has a year left mate. He can sign a pre-contract next January. I'm not convinced he is the answer though based purely on any time I've seen him against us. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Following year mate 

Aye can’t see us spending money on him. Not even fussed now tbh. Wanted him in January but when there’s a full summer to find someone I’m fine looking elsewhere 

Aberdeen have apparently set an asking price of 8 million for Miovski so that completely rules us out.

Shankland would be more affordable because of his contract situation, but with where he’s at in his career just now he’s going to want to be a first choice. He also doesn’t come anywhere close to fitting the model we need to live towards either.

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Aberdeen have apparently set an asking price of 8 million for Miovski so that completely rules us out.

Shankland would be more affordable because of his contract situation, but with where he’s at in his career just now he’s going to want to be a first choice. He also doesn’t come anywhere close to fitting the model we need to live towards either.

If we're ever to pay that sort of money for a player they need to be an absolute star from the moment they set foot in Ibrox. 

Im not convinced that they get £8m, but I hope they do in a way because it helps increase the market value of players within the league.

47 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think he'd walk to Ibrox to play for us regardless if he was guaranteed to be first choice. After the season he's had he'd surely back himself to win a place in the team anyway.

10 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

A fee that could potential reach 6.5 for Calvin Ramsay IIRC.

I think he has struggled since he got that bad injury last year. Got recalled from his loan at Preston because they weren't playing him and then has hardly played for Bolton

Just now, esquire8 said:

And they won't do. Probably more accurate around half of that. 

They got c.£4m for Ramsay who was arguably their best academy product in decades, from a team like Liverpool

Miovski won't go to anywhere near that level. He's about to be 25 and has a 1-in-2 record in the Scottish Premiership. That looks good to a bigger club at our level like us or the filth, with more chances per game that could be boosted but I'm not sure many teams capable of paying bigger money would look twice at him

£4-5m is probably the upper end of what they could get

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They got c.£4m for Ramsay who was arguably their best academy product in decades, from a team like Liverpool

Miovski won't go to anywhere near that level. He's about to be 25 and has a 1-in-2 record in the Scottish Premiership. That looks good to a bigger club at our level like us or the filth, with more chances per game that could be boosted but I'm not sure many teams capable of paying bigger money would look twice at him

Sure it was more £2m for Ramsay plus alot of ridiculous add ons to about £6.5m.

Yeah £4m will be the top end. Clubs don't have money to splurge anymore.

We should go back to Denmark and have a look at that Lind who was talked about in January and Eidur Gudjohnsen’s son too.

Lind plays for Silkeborg , who challenge for Europe, and has 10 goals and 4 assists in 28 games this season and Gudjohnsen plays for Lyngby, who are bottom three and have only scored 32 league goals, but has 13 goals and 1 assist in 28 games this season 

Both are in their early 20’s, are already scoring goals and have room to develop. Would much rather we take a chance on one of them as opposed to signing some other player who’s lost their way but was good in 2021.

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We should go back to Denmark and have a look at that Lind who was talked about in January and Eidur Gudjohnsen’s son too.

Lind plays for Silkeborg , who challenge for Europe, and has 10 goals and 4 assists in 28 games this season and Gudjohnsen plays for Lyngby, who are bottom three and have only scored 32 league goals, but has 13 goals and 1 assist in 28 games this season 

Both are in their early 20’s, are already scoring goals and have room to develop. Would much rather we take a chance on one of them as opposed to signing some other player who’s lost their way but was good in 2021.

Looking forward to this summers window more than any other in over a decade.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I think Miovski being a first choice international changes that equation a bit - but granted, not by much.

21 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Still has a year left mate. He can sign a pre-contract next January. I'm not convinced he is the answer though based purely on any time I've seen him against us. 

Shankland on a free right now would be a no brainer IMO.  A year from now, probably still a good option. So for that reason Hearts will look to sell this summer and I don't think we should be spending big money for a player of his age