Fabio Silva

56 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Aye. The guy who scores, creates and works hard for the team and would cost a couple of million max and be on a relatively small wage over the guy whop doesn't score, doesn't assist, has a questionable attitude and would cost a large transfer fee and huge wages is a ridiculous shout.

Silva overall has been very poor particularly for the past few but he’s levels upon levels above Armstrong in terms of ability.

I’m not desperate for Silva back anyway, just can see there’s big potential there.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Silva overall has been very poor particularly for the past few but he’s levels upon levels above Armstrong in terms of ability.

I’m not desperate for Silva back anyway, just can see there’s big potential there.

He has more ability, it doesn't mean he's a better option. 

Also the finances of both deals are massively different.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He has more ability, it doesn't mean he's a better option. 

Also the finances of both deals are massively different.

Don’t disagree with you on the finances, I was just comparing as players.

Armstrong probably could chip in here and there as a squad player but we’re in trouble if that’s the quality of starting player coming in.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Don’t disagree with you on the finances, I was just comparing as players.

Armstrong probably could chip in here and there as a squad player but we’re in trouble if that’s the quality of starting player coming in.

You described my take as 'wild' but have since said Silva has been 'very poor' and admitted Armstrong could make a contribution. 

Weird.

7 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

You described my take as 'wild' but have since said Silva has been 'very poor' and admitted Armstrong could make a contribution. 

Weird.

:lol:

Nothing changed.

Silva’s a starter with big potential albeit isn’t yet consistently showing it - Armstrong to replace him as a starter is wild.

34 minutes ago, DerekJohnstone said:

You could get Shankland and Miovski for what Wolves would want for Silva. Now there's a front line....

What they want and what they get will be wildly different.

I have no idea where he will end up but if he goes back to Portugal Wolves are losing 30 million quid.

Even at 5m it is a huge gamble.(not for us may I add) for some other club.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

What they want and what they get will be wildly different.

I have no idea where he will end up but if he goes back to Portugal Wolves are losing 30 million quid.

Even at 5m it is a huge gamble.

Even 5m would be a lot for little return, I'd take one of the above strikers who's proven. Miovski would be my preferred option. 

40 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Yeah that is a problem :lol: I maintain some level of hope that things will change under Koppen and Clement though. 

It surely can’t get any worse?!?

Genuinely struggling to think of the last (outfield) player we bought who has come in and immediately improved the team. Maybe an argument for Diamonde but even his form has tailed off a little recently.

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Would it be though? My memories of the beginning of the season are telling me something very different 

People forget that 9 wasn't all fancy football, you would be forgiven looking at YouTube. I want three points over three unnecessary stepovers every day of the week👍

5 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Hopefully he moves down South then, rather than them getting him. 

I'd take him in a minute over Shankland. 

I’d take him over Shankland too but there’s no chance Aberdeen make it possible for us and fwiw I don’t think we’ll sign either of them