Fabio Silva

11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’ll be in the minority here but although he’s been shit I’d probably keep him if there was the option to.

Potential and ability is there, still could see a big second season improvement happening.

I agree. He has more potential than any other winger we have. 

He is a centre forward played out of position. 

Posters will say he looked shite as a CF, true, but in limited time and that is where he belongs.

My beef with Clement is he plays players out of position, Silva, Sterling, Lawrence, Dowell...

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Posters will say he looked shite as a CF, true, but in limited time and that is where he belongs.

My beef with Clement is he plays players out of position, Silva, Sterling, Lawrence, Dowell...

Where would you play those 4 players then?    I've seen nothing to suggest 3 of them would be any use no matter where they were played.   Sterling has had to be used as a utility player due to injuries and poor form of others in the squad.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Sterling’s filling in for injuries, and his best performances have been ‘out of position.

Dowell is a central midfielder playing in central midfielder.

46 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

You get the odd good loan, but the reality is in most cases they’re not in the parent club’s plans for a reason. 

January loans are generally pretty pish for us. The ratio of them actually working out must be about 1 in 5 or something. And thats going way back. Suppose theyre worth doing in the hope they do work. Youre often getting a player you wouldnt normally be able to afford.

In this case though i dont believe Silva has shown he would be worth the outlay in wages. He has ability but hasnt shown anything like enough. I cannot get my head round what Wolves actually paid for this boy. Sums up perfectly the financial insanity of the EPL.

12 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

Silva brings nothing to us tbh

Would love to see the wing positions filled with Sima and Cortez on permanent deals with Matondo and either Mcausland or Armstrong (from killie) as back ups

Think we need more quality than that tbh. Can’t be going into next season relying on McAusland or Matondo in any form.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Think we need more quality than that tbh. Can’t be going into next season relying on McAusland or Matondo in any form.

Aye i can understand that mate,maybe Matondo is on too big a wage to be a back up as well

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Certainly Cortez. In the very limited time we saw him he looked far better than our other wide options. Would try for a season long loan with option to buy. And Armstrong would also be a step up from what we have.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Armstrong over Silva is wild.

Aye. The guy who scores, creates and works hard for the team and would cost a couple of million max and be on a relatively small wage over the guy whop doesn't score, doesn't assist, has a questionable attitude and would cost a large transfer fee and huge wages is a ridiculous shout.

36 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Armstrong over Silva is wild.

Armstrong is comfortable a more effective player in this league.

Silva is a luxury who doesn't look to be arsed with actually putting graft in. Scottish football is a dog fight and his type tend to do poor as he has done.

Armstrong would comfortable be an upgrade on our wingers at present.

Silva chucked it when we went out of Europe. Hugely questionable attitude

Unless we could get another loan for free where Wolves are paying most/all of his wages, it's a no from me. 

Killie were touting Armstrong for £2m in January because he only had 18 months left on his deal and they know they'll have to sell for a lot less this summer with 12 months left on his deal. Could probably get him for £1-1.5m.