*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Fatigue has been getting mentioned for weeks.

We haven't had the options to rotate as much as we'd have liked and have been playing 2 games a week. 3 points tomorrow then regroup.

Dundee have been absolutely mince against us and them, honestly expecting 4 or 5.

16 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If we had won on Thursday nobody would be talking about players being "shattered".  We need the break to try to get injured players back up to speed though.  

They have looked absolute pumped by about 70 minutes in the last 3 games. Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, Ridvan and even Diomande all looked absolutely knackered.

Clear as day. 

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

It was mentioned even after the hibs match we looked leggy.

nobody is making an excuse for Thursday, it was a poor but very tight match in which a very fine margin changed it, but if you have eyes you’ll be able to see that the team are on their arse. 

I'm not being negative about Thursday.  Proud of the team for getting that far and over 2 legs we lost out to a bad penalty call, a careless OG and a tight VAR call.   Injuries are out of our control but the problem is the quality of players like Matondo, Dessers, Wright, etc coming in.   Tav, Goldson and Lundstram don't look shattered to me.   I thought Tav had his best game in ages on Thursday.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not being negative about Thursday.  Proud of the team for getting that far and over 2 legs we lost out to a bad penalty call, a careless OG and a tight VAR call.   Injuries are out of our control but the problem is the quality of players like Matondo, Dessers, Wright, etc coming in.   Tav, Goldson and Lundstram don't look shattered to me.   I thought Tav had his best game in ages on Thursday.

Sounds like you have possible issues with your eyesight 

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It's not that they look shattered from the first minute, the issue will be diminishing returns in the second half. All three looked leggy the last few games, also concentration levels will go down all the time. After they scored we looked completely spent.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It's not that they look shattered from the first minute, the issue will be diminishing returns in the second half. All three looked leggy the last few games, also concentration levels will go down all the time. After they scored we looked completely spent.

Heads definitely went down after the goal.  

Just hoping we can get an early goal tomorrow to settle the players and open up the game.  Then if we can get 2 or 3 goals up we can rotate the squad a bit and give a rest to the guys who have been playing every game recently.

21 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

How many times do folk have to say were gonny win 4 or 5 nil, fuckin crazy talk, we end up winning narrowly apart from Hearts.

Crazy talk to say we will beat a team we’ve already hammered before and have struggled when going up a level?

57 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If we had won on Thursday nobody would be talking about players being "shattered".  We need the break to try to get injured players back up to speed though.  

As others have said now mate, we've been talking about the team being shattered for a couple of weeks now, really noticeable against Hibs. 

If we'd won on Thursday, I still think we'd be having the same conversation, infact could argue the conversation would be more prevalent because we'd be playing an extra two games at least.

We've very limited options, due to injuries and players being shit as you said - but the core players are definitely shattered.

The reality is that we will need to rotate the squad a bit between now and the end of the season. We can't keep running key players into the ground without it having an impact, but the problem is the guys who are coming in to replace them aren't pulling their weight.

We should be able able replace Lundstram with Raskin without a major drop off, but unfortunately that's not the case and, as much as we can't afford to exhaust key players, we can't afford to carry players either. The likes of Raskin and Barisic need to step up and do their bit. They should be able to come in against Dundee and win the game. I'm just not confident that they would.

Don’t think tmw is easy on paper at all.

Outside the OF matches, they’ve only lost 2 out of 14 at home in all comps. (hearts+hibs)

Players are shattered, squad is missing some key players and it’s always difficult after a midweek game with very little training and the come down.

Any win will do and then we will look a lot stronger for the run in.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

All three looked leggy the last few games, also concentration levels will go down all the time.

Lundstram in particular's concentration falls off a cliff when he's tired.