*****The Official Dundee v Rangers Match Thread*****

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Just need to win and get to the international break top of the league. I’d go with:

Butland

Tav

Goldson

Souttar

Yilmaz

Lundstram

Raskin

McCausland

Lawrence

Matondo

Silva

2-0 to the famous! 🇬🇧

I can't see him risking McCausland with an international break coming up to fully recover.

46 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Can't see him risking Sterling for this one. Beat Dundee then a decent break. 

Agree, should have worded it better that if Sterling passes a fitness test and no further damage then I would play him but Phil doesn’t take risks with players fitness.

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Yilmaz

Lundstram Diomande 

Wright Lawrence Sliva 

Roofe 

hopefully get to the break without having to risk Sterling or Cantwell 

28 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think we’ll see Borna, Raskin and Roofe start.

Team are shattered. 

That worries me. I know we've been rotating a lot, but it always feels like we struggle when we field the B team in a game where you think it's the one to do so. 

20 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Confident the team will bounce back and get us over the line. Then we can rest, regroup and go again on the 30th. 

Slight concern for me would be how we deal with Curtis Main's physicality. Obviously he's a limited player, but we've been unsettled a bit by his type in recent weeks. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Balogun come in to add a bit of physicality there.

Long hopeful balls into the channels making central defenders turn while a willing centre forward runs them down, harrasing them into mistakes and bringing the oppposition team up the park at the same time.

who’d have thought such an outdated percentage ploy, from a workmanlike team in a council league, would work in a workmanlike, limited, council league? 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think we’ll see Borna, Raskin and Roofe start.

Team are shattered. 

Why is the team "shattered"?  Our players should be fit enough to play 2 games a week.   We have injured players which is a different matter.    The only thing which worries me is that heads have dropped after exiting Europe on Thursday however I hope that Clement will prevent that being an issue.   

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Why is the team "shattered"?  Our players should be fit enough to play 2 games a week.   We have injured players which is a different matter.    The only thing which worries me is that heads have dropped after exiting Europe on Thursday however I hope that Clement will prevent that being an issue.   

Clement has said that the fitness levels aren’t at the levels required (thanks to Beale) the team are shattered because we don’t really have anyone to rotate the  players who need a rest with. For example due to cantwell being injured Lawrence is having to play more than would’ve been hoped, he’d have preferred to manage his minutes but in reality he can’t.

Weve then got Roofe back who needs micro managed because he’s basically made of glass, meaning dessers can’t really be rotated so he has to play. He’s not been able to rotate or rest lundstrum because jack is out and Raskin is just coming back.

some of the players are having to play when in reality they’d have been brought back gradually. 

we need first team players back and this break is coming at a great time for us 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

Clement has said that the fitness levels aren’t at the levels required (thanks to Beale) the team are shattered because we don’t really have anyone to rotate the  players who need a rest with. For example due to cantwell being injured Lawrence is having to play more than would’ve been hoped, he’d have preferred to manage his minutes but in reality he can’t.

Weve then got Roofe back who needs micro managed because he’s basically made of glass, meaning dessers can’t really be rotated so he has to play. He’s not been able to rotate or rest lundstrum because jack is out and Raskin is just coming back.

some of the players are having to play when in reality they’d have been brought back gradually. 

we need first team players back and this break is coming at a great time for us 

Injured players is a different matter from the rest of them being "shattered".   Dessers isn't shattered he's just crap.

18 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Tav and Lundstrum have played more minutes than just about anyone else in European football since Winter break. 

No other club is playing twice a week with no squad rotation and under PC we play a high intensity press.

In 2008 we won 13 in a row in the league. Then we dropped 15 points in our last 9 matches.

1 minute ago, OrangeRab said:

Tav and Lundstrum have played more minutes than just about anyone else in European football since Winter break. 

No other club is playing twice a week with no squad rotation and under PC we play a high intensity press.

In 2008 we won 13 in a row in the league. Then we dropped 15 points in our last 9 matches.

Exactly.  

Lundstram started really badly on Thursday and looked shattered at the end.  I'd seriously consider using Raskin and having Lundstram on the bench.

Doubt we can do much about Tavernier with Sterling injured.  He is a pretty fit guy and played well on Thursday though.

Our biggest problem remains the fact our CF options are Roofe or Dessers, unless we play Silva there and start Matondo on the left

26 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Everyone else is too shattered or injured to pick up the slack of Dessers being crap though.

Our problem is that Matondo, Dessers, Wright are crap and Roofe is injury prone.   The problem with our injured players is that we have nobody decent to replace them.  

30 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Everyone else is too shattered or injured to pick up the slack of Dessers being crap though.

If we had won on Thursday nobody would be talking about players being "shattered".  We need the break to try to get injured players back up to speed though.