Right back

17 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

He comes off the bench most games. Very much doubt hes 3rd or 4th choice based on that. 

Hes too good a player for the spfl. If he leaves them itll be higher end championship/bottom end of prem where hes more likely to keep the stupid money he will be on.

As much as I like Tav I do think pattersom deserved to play more i.e moving tav to right mid to accomodate

Godfrey, Coleman and Young all start ahead of him. 

On 21/03/2024 at 16:55, bluenoz said:

If Tav were to leave for Saudi money, what an investment that would turn out to be. But I think he may want to see out his career at Rangers and break a few personal records.

However, I wouldn't be moving Sterling to RB.

We would probably have to invest heavily in that position. I never wanted Patterson to leave, but the money was too good. I can't see any way back for him, although he needs to get the fuck out of Everton and away from the dinosaur Dyche.

The Saudi signing is a rumour from a very poor source.

Tav will see his contract out unless he is forced out.

Sterling is a great utility player, but we would need a better RB replacement imo.

Doesn't Tav cost us more goals than hes scores though @jimbobgers?

Think that was your mantra.:craphead:

Patterson moved at the wrong time for him imo.

Young players like him need a manager who is willing to put the time in to develop them. That clearly isn't happening for the lad.

Wate of talent imo.

39 minutes ago, centenarystandman said:

Replacing him with any RB  who can score as many goals will be impossible .

I love Tav for lots of different reasons and the number of goals he has scored for us is phenomenal. His replacement doesn't need to be penalty taker though and without penalties Tav averages about 6 goals a season which isn't an irreplaceable amount.

50 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Won’t happen but would love Patterson back.

Hope a decent football playing EPL team come in for him.

Everton playing the style of football they do when the likes of Brighton having a De Zerbi is wild.

Can't see Patterson coming back as you said.

Some bullshit site is saying a loan deal is on the cards. Fantasy football imo.

I am all for giving Phil the time and money to build his own team.

He has done very well so far.

Real managers develop their own team.

2 hours ago, centenarystandman said:

Replacing him with any RB  who can score as many goals will be impossible .

Vast majority of his goals are penalties tbf

I'd love a squad of players with  his level of skill, fitness and lack of injuries though.

Bound to win silverware every single  season if we did.

10 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Vast majority of his goals are penalties tbf

I'd love a squad of players with  his level of skill, fitness and lack of injuries though.

Bound to win silverware every single  season if we did.

Are they?

Has anyone watched Patterson of late, particularly against NI? He hasn't been great and his injury record is pretty poor. I wouldnt be in a hurry to spend to bring him back and I say that as someone who is a big supporter of his, always hoped he'd go on to much bigger things.  

18 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I love Tav for lots of different reasons and the number of goals he has scored for us is phenomenal. His replacement doesn't need to be penalty taker though and without penalties Tav averages about 6 goals a season which isn't an irreplaceable amount.

Not sure what his conversion rate is for pens, but it's got to be right up there with the best.

So just finding another penalty taker as good, will be difficult.

19 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Not sure what his conversion rate is for pens, but it's got to be right up there with the best.

So just finding another penalty taker as good, will be difficult.

https://www.insidesport.com/c/total-football/best-penalty-takers-in-the-world/4024

According to that article the 10th best conversion rate in the world is 82%. Tav has scored 80.2% so not too far out of the top 10 in the world which isn't too shabby. 

28 minutes ago, Number6 said:

Has anyone watched Patterson of late, particularly against NI? He hasn't been great and his injury record is pretty poor. I wouldnt be in a hurry to spend to bring him back and I say that as someone who is a big supporter of his, always hoped he'd go on to much bigger things.  

You’re a really bad supporter if this is you displaying being a big supporter of something 

37 minutes ago, Number6 said:

He made one mistake for Scotland and now he's shite? He played in the FA Cup games for Everton and did well, but for some reason, Dyche doesn't rate him and prefers over-the-hill players in Coleman & Young.

Patterson is at the wrong club and will shine somewhere else. Unfortunately, I can't see it being at Rangers anytime soon.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

You’re a really bad supporter if this is you displaying being a big supporter of something 

Never been critical of Rangers no?

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He made one mistake for Scotland and now he's shite? He played in the FA Cup games for Everton and did well, but for some reason, Dyche doesn't rate him and prefers over-the-hill players in Coleman & Young.

Patterson is at the wrong club and will shine somewhere else. Unfortunately, I can't see it being at Rangers anytime soon.

I didn't say he was shite, far from it. Merely that the outlay against form and injury record would concern me.

I'm hoping he does kick on, seems there's an issue with Dyche, don't know if that's been brewing or it's a new thing and may be affecting him.