Right back

Having looked at tavs topic and talking going to the Saudi league 

I like tav as our right back, I know fans debate on better attacking or not great defensively but with rumours of Saudi bids if they come in serious with a multi million pound offer would it be worth taking due to the stage of his career he is at and see if we can get someone like Patterson back from Everton with sterling in the team as well? Any extra cash could go to more players? I love sterling but he has become so good at so many positions it might be better bringing in a young right back and keeping sterling as midfielder? Or keep tav until he finishes his career? 

tav might not want to go but curious what you guys think at this stage of his career and the new players we need in? 

I think Tav will finish his career here unless it’s really silly money that comes in. Whoever replaces him is going to be a step down. 

Would bite your hand off to get Patterson back, but that isn’t going to happen.

Not ever really been convinced by the limited time Sterling has had at RB that he’s the answer there, but in PC I trust. 

38 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Tav will finish his career here unless it’s really silly money that comes in. Whoever replaces him is going to be a step down. 

Would bite your hand off to get Patterson back, but that isn’t going to happen.

Not ever really been convinced by the limited time Sterling has had at RB that he’s the answer there, but in PC I trust. 

Patterson is what 3rd/4th choice at Everton you not think there’s a chance to get him up the road? 

54 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Sterling/thread 

The thread ain’t about sterling the question is do we look to replace tav now or let him finish here 

sterling mentioned because he would be natural replacement but doing well at midfield so do we then replace RB or stick with tav 

I think we would really miss his goals/assists but better recruitment up front would solve that plus we get younger, hungrier arguably RB 

If Tav were to leave for Saudi money, what an investment that would turn out to be. But I think he may want to see out his career at Rangers and break a few personal records.

However, I wouldn't be moving Sterling to RB.

We would probably have to invest heavily in that position. I never wanted Patterson to leave, but the money was too good. I can't see any way back for him, although he needs to get the fuck out of Everton and away from the dinosaur Dyche.

1 hour ago, jimbobgers said:

Patterson is what 3rd/4th choice at Everton you not think there’s a chance to get him up the road? 

Unlikely. Hes shown he’s good enough for the EPL. Fuck knows why he isn’t getting game time. Someone else will pick him up down there if he’s leaving. 

He’ll only leave us if it’s mega money for him and/or too good a fee for us. Whilst Sterling is a Jack of all trades, I also think we need better in midfield so only time would tell if he would then make RB his own. He probably deserves the chance. 

I liked Patterson so wouldn’t be averse to him coming back (if fee was right) no idea how Ramsay is now that left Aberdeen or the boy that was at Motherwell that left (can’t mind his name and can’t be arsed searching). 

His contributions and goals will need to be shared around the team, no way we see a RB with these numbers again. Here’s hoping the gaffer is identifying these types of players for next season anyway. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Unlikely. Hes shown he’s good enough for the EPL. Fuck knows why he isn’t getting game time. Someone else will pick him up down there if he’s leaving. 

That Dyche was meant to have slapped him during there winter break or something. I think a few of the senior players had to have a word with him. 

Was the Brazilian guy we were trying to get from Cyprus in the January window not a right back (or maybe he a left back)?  Wouldn’t be surprised if we still had an interest him in the summer, looked quite good attacking wise and fairly low cost.

Sterling's a central midfielder now so he wouldn't be a replacement.

I'd be trying to get Calvin Ramsey. Would imagine Liverpool would sell for the same or less than they paid for him, even a loan with an option. We'd have no chance at Patterson.

We'd likely need to get 2 right backs in though. We've been fortunate Tav never misses a game so we can't go into a season with only 1 proper right back.

18 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Was the Brazilian guy we were trying to get from Cyprus in the January window not a right back (or maybe he a left back)?  Wouldn’t be surprised if we still had an interest him in the summer, looked quite good attacking wise and fairly low cost.

LB.

3 hours ago, jimbobgers said:

He comes off the bench most games. Very much doubt hes 3rd or 4th choice based on that. 

Hes too good a player for the spfl. If he leaves them itll be higher end championship/bottom end of prem where hes more likely to keep the stupid money he will be on.

As much as I like Tav I do think pattersom deserved to play more i.e moving tav to right mid to accomodate