Tav's time is up.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Tav has a superb right foot. Some of the crosses he used to whip in were world class.

Yes, they were that good.

Those days are gone.

🤣 It's just more pish. He's scored absolute worldies this season. He's had good assists this season. 

Is he past his best? Aye. Is he poor defensively? Aye. That's all fine but why make up pish to vindicate all that? Never understood it.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣 It's just more pish. He's scored absolute worldies this season. He's had good assists this season. 

Is he past his best? Aye. Is he poor defensively? Aye. That's all fine but why make up pish to vindicate all that? Never understood it.

You are correct, he's past his best and poor defensively. 

9 hours ago, beararse said:

The arm raised aloft at corners does my nut in. Unless there are micro adjustments in his finger tips, all it seems to signify is that ‘I’m about to kick the ball in the exact same manner as always’. 

I’ve noticed that as well.  Even when I played under 14 Juvenile football we had 5 different corner routines.  Sadly, it looks like Tav has 1.

6 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Him and lundstram caused the 2nd at the piggery last sat

No one will deny his strikes etc, but they are becoming less and less but his defensive fuck ups arent

We're talking about potentially keeping someone for what they used to do, instead of what they currently do

That's no what's happening mate. I pointed out you would be correct to point out defensive deficiencies etc. What I'm saying is you don't need to rewrite stuff or pretend the qualities he does possess don't exist. It was replying to you asking when the last time he scored a good free kick was. 

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's no what's happening mate. I pointed out you would be correct to point out defensive deficiencies etc. What I'm saying is you don't need to rewrite stuff or pretend the qualities he does possess don't exist. It was replying to you asking when the last time he scored a good free kick was. 

Not from you, but the poster i originally replied to said there were more pressing areas to upgrade than tav

Fact is in the run in arguably he's played his part in more goals conceded than assisted/scored

Other areas need an upgrade, but right back does as well, we cant keep him in the vain hope his defensive issues don't cost us and that he maybe score a cracker of a free kick etc

Teams actively target him as a weakness in our side, that should put his position as a priority upgrade 

12 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Not from you, but the poster i originally replied to said there were more pressing areas to upgrade than tav

Fact is in the run in arguably he's played his part in more goals conceded than assisted/scored

Other areas need an upgrade, but right back does as well, we cant keep him in the vain hope his defensive issues don't cost us and that he maybe score a cracker of a free kick etc

Teams actively target him as a weakness in our side, that should put his position as a priority upgrade 

You're still doing it 🤣

"Fact is.... arguably". Surely you see what's wrong there?

He's joint second top scorer in the league with 17 goals. He's 3rd for assists with 10. That's 27 goal contributions. We've conceded 29 goals in the league so unless you're blaming him (will not be surprised if you do) for every single goal conceded in the league this year then it's more absolute nonsense you're spouting to vindicate a dislike of him.

Please reply with the line about "how many of those were penalties".

15 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You're still doing it 🤣

He's joint second top scorer in the league with 17 goals. He's 3rd for assists with 10. That's 27 goal contributions. We've conceded 29 goals in the league so unless you're blaming him (will not be surprised if you do) for every single goal conceded in the league this year then it's more absolute nonsense you're spouting to vindicate a dislike of him.

How many of those were penalties?

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You're still doing it 🤣

Right he's contributed that, but surely you'll agree that his strengths that were keeping him in the side are waning (his attacking threat) while his weaknesses are still glaring

Morelos had strengths and weaknesses, once his strengths started waning and his weaknesses didn't improve we got rid

Why are we so afraid to do the same with tav? 

Ask yourself this, first OF game next season at the piggery, will you be confident in tav putting up a solid defensive showing? 

His full game is waning. That's what happens with age. My opinion is keep him unless we get a decent offer. At the same time I would see the captaincy taken off him and either bring someone in to compete with him or utilise sterling more in that position. 

This hasn't been about that though. It's about stuff getting made up like you have been and hypothetical situations like 'how will he do in the first old firm next year ". I just don't like seeing some of the hyperbole pish that gets spouted on here as if people need to make shit up to get everyone else on their side.

13 hours ago, beararse said:

I find it strange that a high scoring defender (now the highest in the UK) who was in the EL team of the year, has been captain of Rangers for Christ knows how long and was the SPFL’s Players Player of the Year hasn’t been subject to any bids over the years that we couldn’t afford to turn down. 

We’ve seen two young full backs with potential moved on for record breaking sums yet nowt for Tav.

Aye, it's a fucking mystery.

13 hours ago, beararse said:

The arm raised aloft at corners does my nut in. Unless there are micro adjustments in his finger tips, all it seems to signify is that ‘I’m about to kick the ball in the exact same manner as always’. 

Think that's just his thing tbh.

Raises his arm before he hits a deadball.

Free kicks, corners & penalties.

It's not a signal 😂

1 hour ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

One player doesn't make a team, captain or not. 

Obviously he's been shite for us for the best part of 10 years ffs! :confused:

We should have beat the likes of Motherwell, Dundee and Ross County.

Fucking embarrassing that we didn't.

That wasn't down to one player. 

11 players on the pitch at any one time and they all failed collectively.

It really is that simple

At this point I would get rid of the vast majority if we could afford it.

7 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We should have beat the likes of Motherwell, Dundee and Ross County.

Fucking embarrassing that we didn't.

That wasn't down to one player. 

11 players on the pitch at any one time and they all failed collectively.

It really is that simple

At this point I would get rid of the vast majority if we could afford it.

Of course it's not all down to one player.

And there are other threads discussing the likes of Goldson and Lungstrum. 

But this thread is about Tav. His performances in the firsr half of the last Old Firm game at Ibrox was pathetic..

I'd would of subbed him before half-time. 

And he's been poor throughout the whole of the run in.

He's not good enough anymore.

The most crucial thing for me with Tav at this point, as the with the rest of the players who have been here more than two seasons, is that they are ingrained in a culture of second place.

I've defended Tav plenty as he has bailed us out plenty, even this season at times and not just with penalties. However there is a clear decline in this play. Still a superb striker of the ball but his passing, his awareness and his defending is on level with some of his worst.

My real problem is the lack of winning culture that pre 2012 we would have culled already. It's not just Tav but this group of around 7/8/9 players does need gone for that culture more than anything. 

Tav as much as he has been one of our best footballers is sitting on 3 major domestic trophies in 25 attempts and the majority as captain. Him, Goldson, Lundstram, Barisic, Jack are the ones that new players look at and follow when they join Rangers and there is just no "know how" unlike across the city and that's what ultimately and won and lost this title.

Clement talks about end of the cycle now. I think we were at the end of the cycle after Seville.

14 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Right he's contributed that, but surely you'll agree that his strengths that were keeping him in the side are waning (his attacking threat) while his weaknesses are still glaring

Morelos had strengths and weaknesses, once his strengths started waning and his weaknesses didn't improve we got rid

Why are we so afraid to do the same with tav? 

Ask yourself this, first OF game next season at the piggery, will you be confident in tav putting up a solid defensive showing? 

Maeda will be very happy if he’s up against Tav next season 4 times.