What players need gone?

Butland, Sterling and Cantwell.

That's it.

Anyone else that pulls on the shirt next season outwith them three would be down to being unable to sell and having an injury crisis.

Even Diomande being out with a sore thumb makes me doubt his mentality for this club.

This is alot worse than you initially think btw. The vast majority of our team doesn't make it into the scum's match day squad. 

For various reasons we need to get rid of players like Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstrum, Dessers, Lammers, Wright, Matondo, Raskin, Dowell, King, Roofe, Jack, Lawrence, Balogun, Davies.

We're looking at a situation where we need to end up with not enough players to fill a match day squad, and replace them all with better quality, with absolutely no money. There's years and years of hurt ahead.

19 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think McLaughlin, Barisic, Davies, Lammers, Matondo, Jack, Wright, Balogun, King, Silva, Sima, Cortes, Roofe, Lowry and Raskin will all leave.

Hopefully. Not much money in fees though woth that lot.

Probably why Butland will have to be sold 

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Butland, Ridvan, Sterling, Diomande, Cantwell 

I’d keep those 5, out of the rest I wouldn’t necessarily bin them all (Souttar/Balogun are decent squad options for example) but I wouldn’t be upset if they were gone 

Cantwell is not a team player as he again proved today. He wants to be a hero by scoring and doesn't look for any other option.

24 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Butland, Sterling and Cantwell.

That's it.

Anyone else that pulls on the shirt next season outwith them three would be down to being unable to sell and having an injury crisis.

Even Diomande being out with a sore thumb makes me doubt his mentality for this club.

We need a complete change in mentality and the three you mention have a bit of fight about them. 
I’d happily see every other player gone. Diomande has shown flashes but could his fucking thumb not have been strapped up ? Maybe Cortes but we are in desperate need of change or we are sitting here next season saying the same things 

It’s fucking gutting watching that shambles today but it’s all too fucking familiar with these cunts. Another title on a plate for celtic

Embarrasing 

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Don’t think you can put much blame on him. Look at the shite in front of him. 
Ross County cut through our defence with ease. Tavs fuck up last week with a penalty and another defensive shambles for Celtics third 

Our midfield and defence is shambolic 

And Dessers starts every game. 

We are fucked 

Scum game - I thought he should have been out of the box to clear the first, but he got so far, retreated then the ball went in nearer the middle of the goal than it should have.

The third went under him, in a way good keepers don’t let happen.

Not seen today’s but I gather he should have done better for one.

I also reckon McGregor would have been out like a shot to close down Benfica’s winner, where Butland let himself get picked off.

As I’ve said before, there’s a reason he’s only had a moderate career until joining us.

3 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

He was the only player trying/worth a fuck today 

He is not a team player and not the only one trying today, what game were you watching? Dessers even if you don't like him tried today and so did Butland.

26 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

This is alot worse than you initially think btw. The vast majority of our team doesn't make it into the scum's match day squad. 

For various reasons we need to get rid of players like Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstrum, Dessers, Lammers, Wright, Matondo, Raskin, Dowell, King, Roofe, Jack, Lawrence, Balogun, Davies.

We're looking at a situation where we need to end up with not enough players to fill a match day squad, and replace them all with better quality, with absolutely no money. There's years and years of hurt ahead.

Unfortunately you are right, we needed to win the title to be able to use that money to rebuild but I fear it will be another refresh with many of the usual suspects/culprits still retaining a place at the club.

Unless we work wonders with free transfers it's going to be difficult to pull off the level of change we need

18 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Barisic, Goldson, Matondo, Lawrence, Lundstram, Dessers, Wright, Balogun, Dowall. 

Raskin on a very shaky peg but is probably worth keeping for another season. 

Would not keep him, another player who has contributed the square root of fuck all to Rangers. He wants to play for Chelsea one day eh? No even good enough for their reserve team imo.

Jack, Roofe, Wright, Barisic, Goldson, Dessers, Mantondo, Goldson, Lundstram, Silva, McCausland. Lawrence, Raskin

The Board need to find the Gaffer funds, he's got everything out the losers but they have shat it.

Still win all our games prove me wrong.

38 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Keep Diomande, Sterling, Yilmaz, Danilo, Sima, Cortes and Butland. The rest can be shown the door.

Clement has to be ruthless and can't work with losers expecting results. 

Exactly the ones I'd keep. Cantwell to for me. The rest have had their day. 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There is absolutely not a chance on earth that we are turning over 98% of this squad in the summer. It’s fucking fantasy talk. There’s a huge disconnect from our fans to reality. 
 It’s stupid to think so. 

We can always live in hope. That defence needs dismantled big time. 

If Sterling can't start ahead of Dowell in midfield then sell Tav and play him in his natural RB position. The guy is the polar opposite of Barisic and gives his all and has a good mentality.

He's wasted at LB though, as I don't think it's a good fit for him, but he's still better than that loser that started there today. 

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There is absolutely not a chance on earth that we are turning over 98% of this squad in the summer. It’s fucking fantasy talk. There’s a huge disconnect from our fans to reality. 
 It’s stupid to think so. 

It might be stupid but it's the truth sadly.

Sterling - stay                              Souttar - stay

Butland - stay                              McCausland - stay

Ridvan - stay                               Sima - stay (hopefully)

Diomande - stay                         Raskin - stay

Cortez - stay (maybe)               Cantwell - stay

Danilo  - stay                              Lowry - stay

--------------------------------------------------------

Tavernier - out                           Dessers - out

Goldson - out                             Silva - out

Lundstram - out                         Wright - out

Lawrence - out                          Matondo - out

Roofe - out                                Balogun - out

Jack - out                                  Davies - out

Barisic - out                               McLaughlin - out

Dowell - out                               King - out

Lammers - out

Thats who I'd keep and get rid of, but theres no chance of that happening, thats a massive turnover needed that we wont have the cash to do and we wont generate anywhere

near the needed amount of cash from player sales and to sell them we'd need other teams to want them. This last few years we have failed miserably in bringing in the right

players so make us better on the park and to make us money when they go. I think we have finally found a manager who could do something with us but my biggest fear is

that we lose him because we cant afford to back him properly.                          

Out

McLaughlin, K Wright, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstrum, Dessers, Lammers, S Wright, Raskin, Dowell, Roofe, Jack, Lawrence, Balogun, Davies, Hagi, Silva, Sima

At least £250k in wages to utilise

Keep

Butland, Tav, Souttar, Yilmaz, Diomande, Sterling, Cantwell, Matondo, Danilo, McCrorie

Sign Cortes

Also keep King, Devine, McAusland, Yfeko, McKinnon, Rice, Lowry, Lovelace as squad as all need a chance to show what they can do and they should be back up at worst rather than high wages like Davies, Dowell, Raskin, Dessres etc

Need to sign

2 x CH, LB, CDM, CAM, Winger, 2 x CF as a bare minimum

I like Sima but we can't afford him unless we pull the league out of the bag and get automatic CL and even then I think we can find better for the suggested £7m

7 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Out

McLaughlin, K Wright, Goldson, Barisic, Lundstrum, Dessers, Lammers, S Wright, Raskin, Dowell, Roofe, Jack, Lawrence, Balogun, Davies, Hagi, Silva, Sima

At least £250k in wages to utilise

Keep

Butland, Tav, Souttar, Yilmaz, Diomande, Sterling, Cantwell, Matondo, Danilo, McCrorie

Sign Cortes

Also keep King, Devine, McAusland, Yfeko, McKinnon, Rice, Lowry, Lovelace as squad as all need a chance to show what they can do and they should be back up at worst rather than high wages like Davies, Dowell, Raskin, Dessres etc

Need to sign

2 x CH, LB, CDM, CAM, Winger, 2 x CF as a bare minimum

I like Sima but we can't afford him unless we pull the league out of the bag and get automatic CL and even then I think we can find better for the suggested £7m

King, Devine, Lowry & Lovelace have basically missed a year of football. They won't make it at Rangers. Same for McAusland.

Yfeko, Rice and McKinnon have a chance if given a proper opportunity.

I can't believe McLaughlin is still with us. He obviously has no ambition and is happy picking up a wage. Same for Davies.

Needs more quality in key positions (right wing, striker, cb) and more depth.

We will drop points playing guys like Wright, Dowell, Dessers etc.

As a core squad Diomande, Sterling, Yilmaz, Tav, Danilo, Sima, Cortes, Butland, Goldson, Souttar, Cantwell, Lundstrum are good enough ability wise to be part of the squad.

Then you need to add a starting quality striker, winger , centre back and realistically another 3-4 capable of making an impact off the bench.

If we go in with a small and half fit squad. The wheels will come off after Xmas like they always do. 

Especially if we want to play with the press and intensity Clement wants.

25 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

What? The truth is we will turn over the majority of this squad in the summer?

not a chance 

I tend to agree but on my "out" list of 18....

7 are out of contract - the only one worth considering was Lundstram but his wage demands will be too high and his legs look heavy at the business end of the season and that will only get worse moving forward

2 are loans

2 are on loan and likely to leave (3 if you add in Cifuentes actually)

That leaves the challenge of getting rid of

Goldson (big wage may be an issue)

Dowell, Lawrence, Davies - can see championship clubs paying modest fees for them, that's their level

S Wright, Dessers may be challenging

Raskin has a decent rep and Belgian u21, just think our jersey is too heavy for him but we can get a fee for him

IMHO at least 12 to 15 will be out and I'd guess that PC would agree tbh