Pre match significance

In the 1980’s and early 90’s the Rangers team that took to the field would run out of the tunnel and align in the centre circle.

Facing each stand starting with main stand, the players would acknowledge the support with a wave and then go about their warm up and pre-match high fives etc 

This was a great sign of togetherness and team spirit, which we seem to have lost in recent years.

Should we be looking to bring this type of preamble back to give the support the chance to cheer the team, to give our team the lift that the over promoted huddle does for the opposition?

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Just sign good footballers

The end.

Yup, I don’t care if they come out on a magic carpet, bless themselves, cartwheels or do card tricks, just be good at football and win fucking games! 

8 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

I think the players doing YMCA or the Timewarp moments before kickoff would really disorientate our opponents.

Seeing Butland in see through knickers and wearing a pair of suspenders could do it.  

treble treble- no bother 

32 minutes ago, cogsy69uk said:

Should we be looking to bring this type of preamble back to give the support the chance to cheer the team, to give our team the lift that the over promoted huddle does for the opposition?

Of all the problems we have at present, that's not even in our bottom 1%

22 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Also a quick chorus of kumbaya, we could even blow them kisses, make wee flags with 

”I ❤️ (insert player name)”  

I can’t wait tbh, the OP is on to something btw. 

Can't blow kisses mate, that's a red card offence for Rangers players.

17 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

I think the players doing YMCA or the Timewarp moments before kickoff would really disorientate our opponents.

We could mix it up every week to really keep them guessing. YMCA one week and a line dance in full cowboy regalia the next.

5 minutes ago, cogsy69uk said:

In regard to some of these responses, do any of you naysayers or kids from 2010 onwards recall this feel good factor before each game?

Don't listen to them mate.

What do you think of my line dancing idea?

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Aye mate when they high fived and waved I just thought look how together we are 

I am encouraging a recollection of some good times of old from memory, where it felt the team had a connection with the fans and went out on the park to acknowledge this every other Saturday.
God knows what they would have felt seeing a response from RFC55, would probably have stopped them from attempting to play altogether 

Just now, cogsy69uk said:

I am encouraging a recollection of some good times of old from memory, where it felt the team had a connection with the fans and went out on the park to acknowledge this every other Saturday.
God knows what they would have felt seeing a response from RFC55, would probably have stopped them from attempting to play altogether 

Eh aye mate