Alexander Smith

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There’s a Few decent players in both teams

Usually only go to the U16s games will try to go the 14s if they are playing near to the 16s and I can get to the venues in time.

Struggle to get excited to be honest with the younger players as we rarely see them get a chance and when they do they are too old and stunted in terms of development. Bailey Rice should have been getting a lot of minutes this year.

You can of course point to mccausland however I don't particularly rate the kid and he has been put in through necessity rather than ability.

• 5 weeks later...

Fabrizio Romano now tweeting that he's signed a new contract with us, after turning down offers from the EPL and MLS. 

Hopefully a good sign that youth players are seeing a future pathway to the first team with us and are less tempted to move down south.

On 28/05/2024 at 13:54, BlueVanguard said:

Great to see we are looking towards the future. My mates wee boy is at celtic and being touted to be a top star. His Dads a Rangers fan but Rangers where to late before he signed a deal.

Good to see us looking towards the future

similar to a guy i used to work with from auchterarder. son was training with the tramps. a Rangers scout approached his dad, and said that Rangers would pay his (not insignificant) travel expenses, if he'd consider swapping clubs. boy then signed for the gers. small margins, but important ones.

40 minutes ago, Jim Baxter King of Fife said:

similar to a guy i used to work with from auchterarder. son was training with the tramps. a Rangers scout approached his dad, and said that Rangers would pay his (not insignificant) travel expenses, if he'd consider swapping clubs. boy then signed for the gers. small margins, but important ones.

Only reason Billy Gilmour ended up at us was because his dad couldn't make it to the tarriers training ground in enough time.

21 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He has just turned 16 but looks about 12.:lol:

Apparently a great wee player right enough.

He looks younger than my nephew who’s 14, proper wee guy :lol: Hopefully puberty kicks in soon and we get him on a decent strength and conditioning plan. 

Good sign if a boy as highly rated and wanted is signing on with us 👌🏻

41 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He looks younger than my nephew who’s 14, proper wee guy :lol: Hopefully puberty kicks in soon and we get him on a decent strength and conditioning plan. 

Good sign if a boy as highly rated and wanted is signing on with us 👌🏻

He has an opportunity to play for the mighty Rangers.

Hope that Phil lets him train with the first team in pre-season at least.

Will be a huge step up, but who knows?

If youmg Yamal can do it...