Welcome to Rangers Permanently Oscar Cortes

A very smart move, extended loan for Cortes makes so much sense. The transfer moves are going some little way to lift my spirits after such a disappointing end to the season. Seeing 5 move on for starters. A really strong defence with options and cover for across the season is also reassuring. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Was £4m for this Summer, can't see it being much less than that.

Lens paid about that for him a year ago and by the summer of 2025 he will only have 3 years left on his contract.  £2.5m to £3m max in my opinion.

On 22/06/2024 at 16:55, JCDBigBear said:

Lens paid about that for him a year ago and by the summer of 2025 he will only have 3 years left on his contract.  £2.5m to £3m max in my opinion.

3 years is a comfortable length of time for a selling club and the reality is we're taking him now a delaying the payment until next year. They were in a position to negotiate on their terms particularly this early in the window.

On 24/06/2024 at 09:01, Roy Hobbs said:

3 years is a comfortable length of time for a selling club and the reality is we're taking him now a delaying the payment until next year. They were in a position to negotiate on their terms particularly this early in the window.

You have to factor in his serious injury though.  

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Delighted to have millions tied up in a guy who managed to play about 5 competitive games in half a season and is then out for a further 6 weeks after the first game of a new season.

Is the 6 weeks confirmed anywhere? 

8 minutes ago, Madina said:

FS, our luck with injuries is an absolute joke. Great way to spend millions 🙄

I wouldn't mind the injuries as much if it was Wright or Matondo but it always seems to be the better players (Cortes now, Cortes before, Sima, Danillo)