Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

2 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The thought of actually getting into the CL proper with this squad gives me PTSD from the last time.

You don't need to worry about that. You do need to worry about the bleachings we're going to get off EL teams we would have held our own against in recent seasons.

From what we have seen / their profiles coming in to the club, apart from Cerny and Cortes who effectively is a new signing, I don’t think anyone can honestly look at any of the signings and say that they are going to come in and improve the 1st team. Couple that with the fact we have let several players who were regular starters go, with more rumoured / suspected to be on the way out, and I can’t see how we are hoping this season is going to be a success.

So scunnered with the club right now.

The season is upon us a week or two early by looks of things

The manager & koppen will obviously have plans but it’s a slow business. 

Need to dig deep these first few weeks, then hopefully he’ll have something resembling what he wants/needs for the season ahead.  

19 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

The thought of actually getting into the CL proper with this squad gives me PTSD from the last time.

We don't have a hope in hell of reaching the CL. I think Dynamo Kiev will knock us out.

Continue to get rid of the deadweight and make some new signings and perhaps we could mount a title challenge but as things stand its looking grim

I posted this a month ago and I don't feel any better about our changes now than I did back then.

The squad is nowhere near ready to compete for a title. Unfortunately we've gave Gucci Belt a free hit at equalling our league titles...and they won't even need to break sweat.

August will need to be busy, but I can't see big changes now.

2 hours ago, crmpicco said:

I posted this a month ago and I don't feel any better about our changes now than I did back then.

The squad is nowhere near ready to compete for a title. Unfortunately we've gave Gucci Belt a free hit at equalling our league titles...and they won't even need to break sweat.

August will need to be busy, but I can't see big changes now.

For us to have had a chance at all this season we needed big changes and strong additions early in the window to the spine of this team. As it stands there is no way this squad and first 11 is good enough to have even a sniff of qualifying for the CL. So again we will be further hampered by having minimal funds going forward. Basically unless Clement performs a miracle we are severely fucked for the foreseeable. I hate being all doom and gloom but fuck me this board have half buried us again through complete mismanagement.

Let's just jump in our DeLorean and fast forward 10 or so months…

Rangers players are going off on a well earned summer break after a tremendous treble winning season. Rangers manager Phillipe Clement says it's good but not good enough, and that  the story has more to unfold. 

Rangers understandably feel aggrieved by the manner of their elimination in the Champions League semi final when a disputed VAR offside decision for Jude Bellingham’s 91st minute goal gave eventual CL winners Real Madrid a narrow 2-1 aggregate victory over the Glasgow club.

43 goal Golden Boot winner Cyriel Dessers was particularly upset when his spectacular overhead kick goal at the Bernabau had levelled the tie a few minutes previously with Rangers in the ascendency.

Rangers now look to  next season and will wonder who will be in charge next year of their erstwhile rivals after the Brendan Rodgers criminal conviction for deviant behavior last week and that his likely upcoming prison sentence will mean he is no longer in charge of the Parkhead club. The historical child abuse decision by the Court of Session and the probable upcoming civil claims running into the tens of millions also leave the Celts without the proverbial pot to piss in.

This summer transfer window Rangers are looking forward to their new £100M sponsorship deal with the new club owners' SpaceX company kicking in, giving them much more spending power in the transfer market.

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

Let's just jump in our DeLorean and fast forward 10 or so months…

Rangers players are going off on a well earned summer break after a tremendous treble winning season. Rangers manager Phillipe Clement says it's good but not good enough, and that  the story has more to unfold. 

Rangers understandably feel aggrieved by the manner of their elimination in the Champions League semi final when a disputed VAR offside decision for Jude Bellingham’s 91st minute goal gave eventual CL winners Real Madrid a narrow 2-1 aggregate victory over the Glasgow club.

43 goal Golden Boot winner Cyriel Dessers was particularly upset when his spectacular overhead kick goal at the Bernabau had levelled the tie a few minutes previously with Rangers in the ascendency.

Rangers now look to  next season and will wonder who will be in charge next year of their erstwhile rivals after the Brendan Rodgers criminal conviction for deviant behavior last week and that his likely upcoming prison sentence will mean he is no longer in charge of the Parkhead club. The historical child abuse decision by the Court of Session and the probable upcoming civil claims running into the tens of millions also leave the Celts without the proverbial pot to piss in.

This summer transfer window Rangers are looking forward to their new £100M sponsorship deal with the new club owners' SpaceX company kicking in, giving them much more spending power in the transfer market.

Winter nights must fly by

Have been through the floor for months and its hard to see it being anything but a disaster but i have woke up buzzing the real stuffs back today ,

Have decided to go down the blind hope/deluded route and if we can get past kiev and get that £5m , get a draw at the piggery , punt cantwell and hagi

Cpl of experienced signings and the squad will look much better , get the momentum again and this time we win the lot , let the heartbreak begin 

I keep thing about Leicester and Lille winning their respective leagues, or Porto winning the Champions League and Leverkusen winning the Bundesliga.

Underdogs who were far better than we are, but who were up against far, far better sides than we’re up against.

This isn’t the greatest ever Tarrier side and outside the Old Firm, the standard is shocking, so hopefully we screw the nut after a difficult pre-season and put down a marker today. It’s Hearts, not Real Madrid.

Blind optimism. Love it.

13 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I keep thing about Leicester and Lille winning their respective leagues, or Porto winning the Champions League and Leverkusen winning the Bundesliga.

Underdogs who were far better than we are, but who were up against far, far better sides than we’re up against.

This isn’t the greatest ever Tarrier side and outside the Old Firm, the standard is shocking, so hopefully we screw the nut after a difficult pre-season and put down a marker today. It’s Hearts, not Real Madrid.

Blind optimism. Love it.

The problem is our league outside us and them ain't good enough to challenge us on a weekly basis. For as shit as we are we are still the 2nd best team by a distance. Today's the start of getting to number 1. Might not be this year but as long as we see progress that's fine with me. 

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The problem is our league outside us and them ain't good enough to challenge us on a weekly basis. For as shit as we are we are still the 2nd best team by a distance. Today's the start of getting to number 1. Might not be this year but as long as we see progress that's fine with me. 

Why is that a problem in terms of us winning the league? 

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Why is that a problem in terms of us winning the league? 

Because the scum won't drop many points over the season and we can't beat them when we play each other.