*****Ajax v Rangers*****

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Don't think that's fair. Need to be somewhat objective about the line up today and see why certain players played. If it was a competitive game and he wanted a press McCuasland would 100% have played over Dowell. Not that he's good enough.

Heard him telling various players to go several times. They didn't do it collectively well once. 

And if you're suggesting he plays players incapable of pressing that's more worrying.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Sadly true.

I rate him as a leader and like that he has a presence btw.

Just not sure I rate how he sees football being played - but can obviously live with that if he has us winning everything.

We both know how this looks like going mate. 

Only difference is I'll be able to stomach McInnes a hell of a lot more than you will be able to :lol: 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Heard him telling various players to go several times. They didn't do it collectively well once. 

And if you're suggesting he plays players incapable of pressing that's more worrying.

Not reading anything into players playing in our first proper friendly of the season. If this is still the case against Berlin I will agree with you.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Undoubtedly!

See in all seriousness, I do think he has progressed from where he was at Aberdeen to where he is now. Killie do play somewhat attacking football (long ball, very direct)with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I know you'll never be on board with him but we've went down pretty much every other route, this seems to be where we're at doesn't it?

McInnes coming in wouldn't change our fortunes either way. He's a competent enough manager to not lose what is essentially our guaranteed second place and we aren't getting any better than that under this board.

The only thing that will change our fortuntes is a change of board and investment. I'd much rather have Clement at the helm than McInnes in that scenario. But when the inevitable happens this season and this board sacrifice Clement to try to save their own skin, the appointment of McInnes wouldn't bother me. Though if he has any fucking sense he wouldn't touch us.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

See in all seriousness, I do think he has progressed from where he was at Aberdeen to where he is now. Killie do play somewhat attacking football (long ball, very direct)with 2 wingers and 2 strikers. I know you'll never be on board with him but we've went down pretty much every other route, this seems to be where we're at doesn't it?

Yeah your post is fair here - it’s not for me but Killie do play attacking football with a lot of focus on the wingers.

If we’re making a change mid season again I just can’t see the club looking beyond him.

Boyd etc. will all be calling for it too.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Not reading anything into players playing in our first proper friendly of the season. If this is still the case against Berlin I will agree with you.

I'm not expecting absolute quality in preseason, but I am expecting to see the basics implemented.

PC has said loads about how he expects his team to play including tempo,  energy and high press. That simply wasn't there again today and it should be when players know they're only getting 45 mins.

We're closer to being a long ball team than the one he's talked about us being 

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Clement expecting success from a press by Dessers, Lawrence and Dowell is pretty worrying.

With it being the opening friendly, standard of opposition, where we are in pre-season and game time for all I am not too critical of today, if it’s the same against Union Berlin then I will be a bit more worried.

Personally I would prefer we played lower opposition where we have the ball more to get the team in better rhythm for what we face 90% of the domestic season but I’m not a football coach 😂

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m not even a fan of him, but McInnes would be a better manager for us than just about every manager we’ve had since we got back into the top flight. 

What does that say about the people the owners have employed though? Not really difficult when you look at the likes of Pedro, Murty, Beale etc

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Clement actually barked that at him in one of the training videos.

Seen it mate, and that’s one of the criticisms he’s always had. He’s like an attacking midfielder with the head of a sitting midfielder. 

1 hour ago, ayro said:

If he can’t screw the nut and do it for someone like Clement then he never will.

That said I would like to see him in the first eleven getting a proper run at the 10 position if we were in a better place.

He won’t last unless he changes, and he’s shown absolutely zero to suggest he will. It’s been an issue since he was 17

I'm going to keep saying this until things some what change, that formation/ style is again going to cost us big time, nico injured again but was a really bad tackle, defending is atrocious, i have no clue what butland was doing and now with that been said.......it's just a training game to get players fit and ready for the start of the season.

3 hours ago, Kents_Hook said:

I'm going to keep saying this until things some what change, that formation/ style is again going to cost us big time, nico injured again but was a really bad tackle, defending is atrocious, i have no clue what butland was doing and now with that been said.......it's just a training game to get players fit and ready for the start of the season.

We need to sell Raskin. He's perma injured. Young player made of fucking crisps, bit like Ryan Jack. Get all the injury prone players TF. No use to any cunt. 

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m not even a fan of him, but McInnes would be a better manager for us than just about every manager we’ve had since we got back into the top flight. 

He's actually a decent wee cunt. I mind when Mccoist was managing us and I bumped into McCiness in a pub in finnieston. Asked him when he was going to take over fae Ally. He just laughed. He was decent as fuck though. 

Spoke away to me n my mate for about 15 mins. He was in with his burd /wife.