Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

10 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He’s said he was told a few months ago though, it’s less than a couple since the season ended and his parting quotes at the time gave assurances we’d see loads of change.

Probably expected a few players would have been sold by now: Yilmaz, Butland, Tav, Cantwell and Dessers/Lammers.

Thats at least 20-23m if you assume we’d get 12-15m for Butland but either no one is interested in Butland or we are desperate to keep him.

Irrespective of how good he is, i would sell Butland as he is the only real asset we can cash in on and I’d have given McCrorie the no. 1 jersey.

I think most on here would accept losing Butland in order to fund a rebuild. 

9 hours ago, kris1984 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.86b5778dde6f3e6e4409ce806ff0b0e1.jpeg
take a sledgehammer to it

This board always seem to get things the wrong way around, the team and winning trophies is what matters to us fans, but they are more interested in funding something that they can put their names on. 

'Best in class' aye right. 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Probably expected a few players would have been sold by now: Yilmaz, Butland, Tav, Cantwell and Dessers/Lammers.

Thats at least 20-23m if you assume we’d get 12-15m for Butland but either no one is interested in Butland or we are desperate to keep him.

Irrespective of how good he is, i would sell Butland as he is the only real asset we can cash in on and I’d have given McCrorie the no. 1 jersey.

If money is really that dire and anyone is interested in spending £10 million on Butland then we’d have to bite their arm off.

But absolutely couldn’t go with McCrorie as number 1, would need a new one.

I don’t think any clubs are interested in spending big money on Butland though.

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

We were never getting 10-12 million for Butland this Summer. We maybe thought we could, but it was always a pipe dream 

8 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

It's really tiring following Rangers, every fucking week it's something else negative, I'm honestly getting towards a point where I can't be fucked with it anymore, it's fucking draining, what happens between now and next season will determine whether I renew my ticket going forward, working in England long term I was always going to miss games but all this shite recently is pushing me to just fuck it off and just go to the odd game now and then when I'm up the road. 

I’m in same boat work offshore so I’m away half the season anyway,  really can’t be arsed wasting my time off watching the same old faces, unless there’s a few first team starters brought in doubt I’ll be attending much.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If money is really that dire and anyone is interested in spending £10 million on Butland then we’d have to bite their arm off.

I’m be been saying this for months now. There are younger keepers available who clubs would be likely to target first, and plenty of keepers who can be picked up for next to nothing to tick the homegrown box as a third choice (Arsenal trying to sign Dan Bentley for example) 

20 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The fanbase is going to have to stand behind him when the results go to the shitter. I have my doubts the fanbase have the capability of doing that, but we will have to 

No chance that happens.

And to a degree, rightly so.

Any good manager would have this squad beating everyone bar them, and would have us competitive against them.

If he ends up playing Lawrence etc. regularly, particularly without a change of tactics, it’s on him.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

No chance that happens.

And to a degree, rightly so.

Any good manager would have this squad beating everyone bar them, and would have us competitive against them.

If he ends up playing Lawrence etc. regularly, particularly without a change of tactics, it’s on him.

Just end up spending more money sacking him then. Pretty sure I remember reading we gave him a lengthy contract when he came in 

Clubs a circus. Attendances are going to plummet shortly. Wonder what the ST waiting list is like after this season if we do nothing and the hype is gone again 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m be been saying this for months now. There are younger keepers available who clubs would be likely to target first, and plenty of keepers who can be picked up for next to nothing to tick the homegrown box as a third choice (Arsenal trying to sign Dan Bentley for example) 

Yeah just can’t see Butland being a big money signing.

Ipswich needed one and have spent 10 or something on Burnley’s 25 year old keeper.

He’s found his level being a great goalkeeper for us.

31 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The fanbase is going to have to stand behind him when the results go to the shitter. I have my doubts the fanbase have the capability of doing that, but we will have to 

Aim has to be at the board. They can't oversee another era at Rangers.

33 minutes ago, HG5 said:

😂 indeed BD.

There’s been talk among some people (not on here, I don’t think) that the transfer market ‘will pick up after the Euros’.

It had bloody well better, with some stellar outcomes in terms of comings and goings - it’s the only way I see that the board will wriggle off the hook!

Just waiting for the big announcement Goldson signing secured for big rebuild.😎

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Just end up spending more money sacking him then. Pretty sure I remember reading we gave him a lengthy contract when he came in 

Clubs a circus. Attendances are going to plummet shortly. Wonder what the ST waiting list is like after this season if we do nothing and the hype is gone again 

Wouldn’t want the waiting list to drop because of us being unsuccessful but I’m desperate for season ticket!

If we’re honest, we all love Clement because of how he carries himself and his record before us. It can’t be for his record with us as objectively it’s no better really than the last one.

People are beginning to notice players aren’t listening to his instructions - I don’t necessarily buy into this being a big issue right now but if there’s any truth in it it’s only a matter of time.

Clement was the man we needed after Gerrard. Somebody not so insecure that he would chase signings to bring short term success.

A real manager who is determined to put foundations in place for lasting success.

He’s just doing it from a far inferior position now.

29 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree. Whilst he might be ‘worth’ 10-15m it doesn’t mean there are suitors.

No doubt the expectation was Butland and the others I mentioned would be offski but there’s been fuck all movement so far, just a series of false dawns. 

What a shit show. 

Disagree re McCrorie as he never really let us down when he played. Watch him excel at Kilmarnock.

26 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

It's really tiring following Rangers, every fucking week it's something else negative, I'm honestly getting towards a point where I can't be fucked with it anymore, it's fucking draining, what happens between now and next season will determine whether I renew my ticket going forward, working in England long term I was always going to miss games but all this shite recently is pushing me to just fuck it off and just go to the odd game now and then when I'm up the road. 

I'm the same tbh. I usually get to around 6 - 8 games per year and never miss watching any game that I dont attend. Our family weekends are pretty much structured around when Rangers play, but I'm not doing that anymore. I feel totally frustrated and disconnected.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

No doubt the expectation was Butland and the others I mentioned would be offski but there’s been fuck all movement so far, just a series of my false dawns. 

What a shit show. 

Disagree re McCrorie as he never really let us down when he played. Watch him excel at Kilmarnock.

Dropped an absolute howler on his debut for them.

The full interview is more informative than the catchy headlines.

i think he’s here for the long haul but it’s clear the rebuild is not this summer, it’s over the season and maybe even into next season.

He’s going to have to use the young team for the squad fillers regardless of quality as the funds clearly aren’t there.

Siege mentality, fight like fuck and see where we are after the first OF game.

The board deserve the anger of the fans should this go tits up but it’s important not to make it a self fulfilling shambles by the support raging at the wrong people and affecting the players.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm the same tbh. I usually get to around 6 - 8 games per year and never miss watching any game that I dont attend. Our family weekends are pretty much structured around when Rangers play, but I'm not doing that anymore. I feel totally frustrated and disconnected.

I go to the same and do the same about structuring the weekend around when we play, though still play football so miss many Sat 3pm kick offs.

You have to grind through it though, it’s not support if it’s just when we’re successful.

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Wouldn’t want the waiting list to drop because of us being unsuccessful but I’m desperate for season ticket!

If we’re honest, we all love Clement because of how he carries himself and his record before us. It can’t be for his record with us as objectively it’s no better really than the last one.

People are beginning to notice players aren’t listening to his instructions - I don’t necessarily buy into this being a big issue right now but if there’s any truth in it it’s only a matter of time.

ST’s were piss easy to come by just before Gerrard looked to be bringing us success. I got mine roundabout the time Pedro was sacked and I literally had different sections and stands to choose from by phoning the ticket office. Pretty obvious the waiting list only appears when we look capable of challenging for titles

6 minutes ago, beararse said:

No doubt the expectation was Butland and the others I mentioned would be offski but there’s been fuck all movement so far, just a series of my false dawns. 

What a shit show. 

People made the same ‘he never let us down’ argument for McLaughlin and look how that turned out.

If Butland’s proved anything it’s the importance of having a really top top goalkeeper for our level.

Last season would have gone even incredibly worse if we didn’t have him.

48 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Describing themselves as “founding fathers” in comparison to the clubs founding fathers because they built an events building. Genuinely a whole different level of embarrassing 

The founding fathers built a club

This lot built a pub 

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

You literally told us in May you weren’t watching the cup final against them because you arranged a family event for that day

Talk some shite you 

10 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

NEH was to be almost entirely paid for by selling part of Albion Car Park.

We still have the car park and it cost us £15 million.

The sale of part of the car park wouldn't come anywhere close to paying for NEH.    The land isn't worth much in the first place.  It's only worth more to the Club as we need the car parking area.