Scottish Americans wanted to buy Rangers

A small clip from the Diary of a CEO podcast with Scott Galloway (dad was Scottish)

Apologies if already posted but I never saw it. It's only a throw away comment from a near 2 hour podcast

Makes a point that anyone like that would be chased out regardless of family heritage and all the board backers would never contemplate backing anything other than what we have. That being said, we know no one would come in and throw cash at us so what's the intentions? Obviously to make money 

The current board doesn't seem interested in bringing in new investors and diluting their shares.

Only last year an American woman was interested. I can't quite remember the fallout from that but be careful what you wish for.

Guaranteed CL money every year is the secure investment we need.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Id love a big rich Saudi. Just come in and pump us with millions. Give us 10 trebles in a row and a couple of CL trophies

That would do me

I would like to be immoral as fuck for a few years I must say to experience this pleasure.

7 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Yanks no thanks 

What if it was a very rich yank? Would you prefer to watch celtic* sail past us (which they'll do this season) and vanish over the horizon? Because with the status quo that's exactly what's going to happen. We might sneak the odd LC now and then or a SC occasionally but that'll be that. In other words a slightly better Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

What if it was a very rich yank? Would you prefer to watch celtic* sail past us (which they'll do this season) and vanish over the horizon? Because with the status quo that's exactly what's going to happen. We might sneak the odd LC now and then or a SC occasionally but that'll be that. In other words a slightly better Hearts. 

I was referencing the Bill Miller banner.

8 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

We could have an oil state backing us, but we still couldnt spend that money. I sometimes wonder if people are aware of FFP etc.

I’ve said it on here before but I really don’t understand why folk don’t look up here rather than down south when looking to buy a club.

Yes it may be less glamorous and there isn’t the easy access to TV money but realistically the amount of investment required to be successful and gain easy access to CL is minimal compared to England. Plus if some kind of European league comes along in the next 5 / 10 years and you have the club dominating in Scotland and regularly competing in Europe then there is a route to better return on investment.

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We could have an oil state backing us, but we still couldnt spend that money. I sometimes wonder if people are aware of FFP etc.

I get your point, however as clubs in England have shown if you have the means and motivation there are avenues you can take to lessen the constraints of FFP.

10 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They could easily just come in and ramp up the revenue. 

We don't have any FFP issues.

7 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

I’ve said it on here before but I really don’t understand why folk don’t look up here rather than down south when looking to buy a club.

Yes it may be less glamorous and there isn’t the easy access to TV money but realistically the amount of investment required to be successful and gain easy access to CL is minimal compared to England. Plus if some kind of European league comes along in the next 5 / 10 years and you have the club dominating in Scotland and regularly competing in Europe then there is a route to better return on investment.

And they could turn a profit on players with the right model - selling on to the EPL

11 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

And they could turn a profit on players with the right model - selling on to the EPL

Yip - a player trading model is a lot less risky if we had the finances to shop in the £5 - £10M market for project players rather than trying to bring in frees and guys for a couple of million.

26 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

I get your point, however as clubs in England have shown if you have the means and motivation there are avenues you can take to lessen the constraints of FFP.

And they are trying to close those loopholes.. like when owners sponsor the team with crazy deals. I think thats one of the charges that City are up for.

19 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

It’s not glamorous, there’s no profit, there’s no competition and nothing that strokes their ego like a big name player standing beside them holding the shirt and on £200k a week contract 

just a guess why they’re not queuing up