graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

29 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nonsense.

Managers in general are egotistical. 

There would be a queue round the block to take job on. Our ability to choose right one is the issue.

I honestly don't think so. 

A club with a grand history of winning and a fanbase who expect that to be honoured, but absolutely no structure, leadership or finances in place to deliver it.

We're a poisoned chalice. 

We seem too reliant on individuals rather than as a collective.

So yes with a better striker and say someone like Whitaker on one wing and Sima on the other we’d instantly be better, and behind the scenes he’ll probably point to this being about improving the quality over the next 2-3 windows.

But we need to be better coached to be punching above our weight as a team.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I honestly don't think so. 

A club with a grand history of winning and a fanbase who expect that to be honoured, but absolutely no structure, leadership or finances in place to deliver it.

We're a poisoned chalice. 

That can’t be denied but there will be dozens of managers who would take on our job as a challenge.

Football managers are a different breed to normal jobs.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Probably because no-one at club has a single clue what they are doing.

We went to Souness for advice the last time ffs

Exactly but it’s probably why I’d let this play out until it becomes impossible to.

There are some things to still be positive about, Bajrami for one.

For me he has to win the LC or if it’s not celtic in the final has to win that then win the next OF, whilst matching their league results.

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That can’t be denied but there will be dozens of managers who would take on our job as a challenge.

Football managers are a different breed to normal jobs.

Any better than the calibre of manager we have at the moment? Not a chance imo. 

Jack Ross Alex Neil would be the level of our next manager. 

We will remember that Walter went with 3 centre backs against Man U.  He knew our limitations at the time against quality opposition.   It is just shite starting Tav and bringing on Dowell. Lawrence doesn't have the legs for this type of game either.  Much of this is on Clement. 

44 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Exactly but it’s probably why I’d let this play out until it becomes impossible to.

There are some things to still be positive about, Bajrami for one.

For me he has to win the LC or if it’s not celtic in the final has to win that then win the next OF, whilst matching their league results.

I think realistically he will get this season by the board.

Where the fans are by then i can only imagine.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think realistically he will get this season by the board.

Where the fans are by then i can only imagine.

Most likely at home, if the Hibs performance is anything to go by.

They certainly won’t be at Ibrox, that’s for sure.

Just now, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Most likely at home, if the Hibs performance is anything to go by.

They certainly won’t be at Ibrox, that’s for sure.

That was my meaning.

Half empty stadiums and giving less of a fuck than now if that’s possible.

The biggest sign of apathy was how many tickets available for an away game like Tannadice.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

That was my meaning.

Half empty stadiums and giving less of a fuck than now if that’s possible.

The biggest sign of apathy was how many tickets available for an away game like Tannadice.

I wonder when the penny will drop for the board, if at all?

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m a glory hunter and let me tell you it’s hard going these last 12 or so year

Always makes me laugh when you see threads on FF calling folk glory hunters and that they only want to support us when we’re doing well etc.

We’ve probably had around 12-18 months of “doing well” in over 12 years, usually to be a glory hunter there has to be some form of glory that you can hunt.

11 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

I wonder when the penny will drop for the board, if at all?

They’ll do their usual. Try ride it out but when the Ire turns to them they will use him as a scapegoat.

In that time we need a CEO and some sort of DOF/Sporting director brought in. Robertson and Koppen can’t continue to be in charge of football operations.

Slightly off topic but CBS had Guillem Balague on before the Villa game the other night and they asked him about Emery coming back to England being sacked by Arsenal, he said Emery told the owner of Villa he wanted control of everything basically and the owner let him, director of football and backroom staff are all his own guys.

That's the kind of manager we need bit like when Gerrard came in, yes we did fuck up certain games but you could tell the standards drastically lifted when he arrived, they have declined ever since he left.

13 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Slightly off topic but CBS had Guillem Balague on before the Villa game the other night and they asked him about Emery coming back to England being sacked by Arsenal, he said Emery told the owner of Villa he wanted control of everything basically and the owner let him, director of football and backroom staff are all his own guys.

That's the kind of manager we need bit like when Gerrard came in, yes we did fuck up certain games but you could tell the standards drastically lifted when he arrived, they have declined ever since he left.

Emery’s probably one of the best managers in Europe though.

Isn’t this near enough what we eventually gave Beale?