graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I was going to mention this. I voted for Lampard at the time and still wouldn't be totally against it now. It would be a risk, similar to Gerrard.

I think Lampard is a far better manager than Gerrard, what he did with Derby and then Chelsea when they had their transfer embargo and played youth players was excellent, I know things didn't work out for him when they started spluttering money all over the shop again and Everton was a disaster, but Everton is a disaster for everyone not named Davie Moyes.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Davis seemed to handle things OK maybe him till May? Hopefully win a cup and get any potentially decent Rangers players settled in for next year

He had two games, and one of them was one of the most embarassing European results in our history.

Just now, NixonRFC said:

I think Lampard is a far better manager than Gerrard, what he did with Derby and then Chelsea when they had their transfer embargo and played youth players was excellent, I know things didn't work out for him when they started spluttering money all over the shop again and Everton was a disaster, but Everton is a disaster for everyone not named Davie Moyes.

I totally agree, but Lampard is not a popular choice on here.

3 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Utter bollocks

5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Davis seemed to handle things OK maybe him till May? Hopefully win a cup and get any potentially decent Rangers players settled in for next year

fuck that. Replacing one wet wipe with another.  Davis isnt a guy who is going to make hard decisions

maybe this time, seventh manager lucky, our board will learn not to build our entire backroom structure around one guy so it costs several million pounds to change things & totally uproots the culture behind the scenes.

giving clement a new deal two months ago was absolutely nuts. 

if the parks and bennett had taken decisions by coin-toss since taking control of the club we'd be better off. they've gotten almost everything disastrously wrong. should be chased down edmiston drive

8 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Davis was in charge for that shocking Europa League loss in Cyprus. I’d looking for a more experienced manager to come in on an interim basis. 

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Clement is binned you can already draw up the list of names who will be linked already 

Muscat

McInnes

Lampard

That Cunt from Bodo

Whichever one of Russell Martin or Gary O’Neill gets sacked first

One random European based manager  who’s doing an okay job at a smaller club in one of the lesser European Leagues.

Would take Gary O’Neil in a heartbeat.

No chance Martin would ever survive at us. Second coming of Warburton.

8 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

You joking?

That Limassol performance should ensure Davis is nowhere near it.

I'm out. 

Wanted to stick by the guy for a bit, but fuck me that was chronic. 

Stopped watching at HT and went to hit 9 holes instead. 

We have absolutely no style of play, and a manager who despite claiming we are 'learning' after every dropped point, really hasn't learnt anything all the way back from his time in Monaco and will lose his job for exactly the same reasons. 

I had really hoped P C would turn things around this season, but I have to admit to myself now it is not now going to happen. It will now be a matter of time before he is sacked or maybe put on gardening leave for a time, but his reign as manager is over as far as I am concerned. 

The thought of bringing in another manager in October is grim, added to the fact we have no full time Chairman or CEO to deal with that process. The Club is in a dire state and I cannot see any move forward as long as we have the board we have at present, we need new investment, but even if it was available these wankers would turn it down I believe.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Don’t have any confidence in our board not to fuck up his successor.

Reading about the Sheep and Thelin is utterly depressing. 

Knowing our luck the board would settle on McInness or Lampard

Never mind Thelin, I don’t know why we weren’t looking at Alan Burrows as a potential CEO. Probably wouldn’t be popular or seen as a big enough name for some people, but he’s a relatively young CEO who’s done a good job at two clubs in Scotland now and he seems to somebody who’s on an upwards trajectory career wise.