Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 hour ago, Blue Atheist said:

Starting to think Gio might have been our best bet yet the board never backed him after the Europa League Final.

Instead they decided to sell our best players despite the millions we’d just brought in and never gave him much cash to rebuild.

Since then it’s been one clanger after another.

Not even disappointed with the manager or the players at this point. Change is obviously needed at the very top.

Kinda like breaking up with a bird cos she was a half kinda decent ride for a while then turned shite, hooking up with 2 terrible rides for a while, and pining after the first one again. 

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

Shite squad is a decent excuse if it’s just the scum or Benfica’s of the world you’re losing to 

Doesn’t excuse any Rangers manager for not beating shite like Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee and to a lesser extent Hearts and Dynamo  

They pumped Partizan Belgrade 9-2 on aggregate...

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

They pumped Partizan Belgrade 9-2 on aggregate...

Partizan Belgrade are rotten, I think folk just lump them in alongside Red Star in terms of quality, but they're miles off their level and have been for years now, don't think they've even won a cup for 5/6 years.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Partizan Belgrade are rotten, I think folk just lump them in alongside Red Star in terms of quality, but they're miles off their level and have been for years now, don't think they've even won a cup for 5/6 years.

They're not rotten and they're not world beaters some terrible results and got through the groups sometimes too, it's pretty daft in my opinion to post like Hearts and Dinamo Kiev are comparable though.(I know you didn't)

44 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Kinda like breaking up with a bird cos she was a half kinda decent ride for a while then turned shite, hooking up with 2 terrible rides for a while, and pining after the first one again. 

That is a very grim insight into your life

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

They're not rotten and they're not world beaters some terrible results and got through the groups sometimes too, it's pretty daft in my opinion to post like Hearts and Dinamo Kiev are comparable though.(I know you didn't)

They've been dire for years mate, I don't think its a stretch to compare them currently with Hearts at all, the only reason they've had any kind of European group stage football this decade is because of the creation of the Conference League, and that's probably where they'll end up again this season, if they're lucky.

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

They've been dire for years mate, I don't think its a stretch to compare them currently with Hearts at all, the only reason they've had any kind of European group stage football this decade is because of the creation of the Conference League, and that's probably where they'll end up again this season, if they're lucky.

Dynamo Kyiv would absolutely murder Hearts.

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He should be bumped for shoving Propper up front. That's actually Pedro levels of shite imo. 

It's just so random that it's actually frightening 

Has Propper ever played up front in his professional career?

Being 12 year old in the school team doesn't count.

12 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

It's just so random that it's actually frightening 

Has Propper ever played up front in his professional career?

Being 12 year old in the school team doesn't count.

I forgot in the game that Davies came on for Yilmaz. I was like "where the fuck is Propper" oh, he's up front now obviously, while our 5 million pound-(striker) signing is warming the bench. Fucking mental!:headwall:

14 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I forgot in the game that Davies came on for Yilmaz. I was like "where the fuck is Propper" oh, he's up front now obviously, while our 5 million pound-(striker) signing is warming the bench. Fucking mental!:headwall:

I know it's only been a day but i somehow completely blanked this out of my mind, thinking about it just doesn't make any sense.

31 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

He should be bumped for shoving Propper up front. That's actually Pedro levels of shite imo. 

There was a ball bouncing between him & Souttar just outside their box.

It looked as if neither of them had ever seen a football before!

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

There was a ball bouncing between him & Souttar just outside their box.

It looked as if neither of them had ever seen a football before!

Cerny and Propper must wonder what they've walked into. A team of perma injured heartless wonders. I'll give Barron and Diamonde a bye out of that tbf. 

Sterling also if he gets fit and our manager actually starts the guy. 

13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

1) We've signed a few players for the future.
2) Cerny had no pre-season so he's probably decided I'd rather have him on once the opposition are more tired.
3) Fucking Dowell? :lol: He's worse than Scott Wright.
4) He's said it'll take a good while to build him up multiple times but people keep claiming it's actually a conspiracy and Danilo has a limp(which has been proven to be shite).
5) Conjured up from what? He can't pull new players out of a hat. :confused:

“We’ve signed a few players for the future”… aye okay then that makes being arsed out of the CL all the better doesn’t it?

We should have signed a ready made replacement for Dessers in the summer.

Cerny should have started end of.

There is no doubt in my mind dowel would do a lot more than Lawrence who is pretty much finished and offers the square root of fuck all.

My point is the manager is playing the same misfiring players/system when there are others in the squad that imo other decent managers would work out a system to play them. 

Clement is coming across as a one trick pony. It’s worrying. 

1 minute ago, kelvd1873 said:

“We’ve signed a few players for the future”… aye okay then that makes being arsed out of the CL all the better doesn’t it?

We should have signed a ready made replacement for Dessers in the summer.

Cerny should have started end of.

There is no doubt in my mind dowel would do a lot more than Lawrence who is pretty much finished and offers the square root of fuck all.

My point is the manager is playing the same misfiring players/system when there are others in the squad that imo other decent managers would work out a system to play them. 

Clement is coming across as a one trick pony. It’s worrying. 

Dowell has never done anything at all so where the fuck are you getting that mental idea from? He’s an absolute donkey, makes Matondo and Wright look decent.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Dowell has never done anything at all so where the fuck are you getting that mental idea from? He’s an absolute donkey, makes Matondo and Wright look decent.

What is Lawrence doing right now? 

2 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Was he asked about this after the game? I’ve not bothered watching any interviews recently 

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not known for my patience when it comes to Rangers managers but even I'm at a loss to understand how anyone can expect to get miracles from Clement to get a tune out of the majority of the squad of duds we had signed before he arrived.   We have basically no money which is why our transfer dealings revolve around our wage savings from off-loading Davis, Roofe, Jack, Lundstram, Barisic, Lammers and Goldson plus the small transfer fees.  I'd expect that the cost of loan deals for Sima and Silva weren't cheap either.   We still can't commit every penny we save due to the enormous wage bill we still have.  Factor in the long list of players who we would like to get out the door and you find that Clement still has to utilise a fair number of duds in every team selection.   We need a minor miracle to happen in our outgoing transfer dealings between now and the end of the month.  

As for those brought in under Clement, I've no problem with any of them so far.  

I think all of Clement/Koppens signings have shown what qualities they might have, obviously not all of them will be hits(Fabio Silva) but you can see why they've been signed and what they'll offer if they succeed.