Is Clement getting an easy ride?

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Are you describing Dessers in your first sentence?

Yes and to clarify the second sentence - whether Dessers stays or goes Danilo is not the answer.

Just my opinion of course.

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Both looked like erratic finishers but at least Danilo looked like he had a bit of pace and movement about him. 

I thought Danilo got into some incredibly good positions in the box pre-injury.

Dessers’ movement in general is pretty good too, it’s his touch, inability to hold it up and inconsistency with finishing that let’s him down.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I thought Danilo got into some incredibly good positions in the box pre-injury.

Dessers’ movement in general is pretty good too, it’s his touch, inability to hold it up and inconsistency with finishing that let’s him down.

Danilo definitely has better control but hangs on to it too long/too many touches.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Danilo's all round game was really good I thought. Finishing was terrible though. Makes you wonder if he would be a good foil for a certain natural goalscorer :hmmm:

Personally, I think Danilo was just lacking sharpness due to the two injuries. He has too much skill not to be a good finisher.

I also think he could play as a 10.

Expecting big things from him if the injuries are behind him.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Personally, I think Danilo was just lacking sharpness due to the two injuries. He has too much skill not to be a good finisher.

I also think he could play as a 10.

Expecting big things from him if the injuries are behind him.

Disagree with the bit in bold but the rest I'd agree with.

Shankland would be the best option for us as things stand.  We can’t afford any gambles bringing somebody else from another country hoping they settle quickly to the madness and demands of playing for Rangers. Shankland knows the script and is proven goal scorer in the league. It’s a no brainier. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Shankland would be the best option for us as things stand.  We can’t afford any gambles bringing somebody else from another country hoping they settle quickly to the madness and demands of playing for Rangers. Shankland knows the script and is proven goal scorer in the league. It’s a no brainier. 

If Shankland can get decent service from midfield/wingers he will be a really good signing. 

At this point in time it seems a good move, but Clement has to sort out the system to play to his strengths. 

4 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If Shankland can get decent service from midfield/wingers he will be a really good signing. 

At this point in time it seems a good move, but Clement has to sort out the system to play to his strengths. 

If you’re relying on assists from Sterling (Tav’s replacement) further changes are required. 

6 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Danilo's all round game was really good I thought. Finishing was terrible though. Makes you wonder if he would be a good foil for a certain natural goalscorer :hmmm:

44 fucking 2

Yes imo after that first half.  Appreciate he has admitted we have accepted offer for Goldson but we need far more transparency for what we are seeing out there.  This is not a showing of a close nit team, a team we are prepping for the season opener/Champs qualifiers, a manager open and honest enough to admit who is/isn't part of his plans.  A monstrosity from top to bottom

I’m not sure he knows how to turn things around. 

This was the red flag from his time at Monaco, when his teams are out of form the slump lasts for a long time. You can afford that at some clubs, but not at ours.