Is Clement getting an easy ride?

56 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Can you really call Gerrard as someone who had a big command of the dressing room when Morelos continually walked all over him?

And how he cherry picked his favs to protect while throwing others under the bus for similar poor performances 

3 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Clement is coming out after an old firm where we’ve been beat 3.0 talking about how many shots we’ve had. The players get a lot of stick for there mentality but if your managers coming away with shit like that then it’s going to filter through the team.

thats a fair point i like clement and would rather get rid of the board and give him a chance as i thought he had a winning or disciplined mentality but in doing this it seems not although he could be protecting the players and he's doing real work away from the public eye

but it's looking increasingly unlikely

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

thats a fair point i like clement and would rather get rid of the board and give him a chance as i thought he had a winning or disciplined mentality but in doing this it seems not although he could be protecting the players and he's doing real work away from the public eye

I'd agree with that if it looked like we had a clue on the park.

25 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Yet Gerrards sides collapsed after January every single season bar 55, was that the team no longer listening to him?

Nope, just think we weren’t as good or as mentally strong.

I don’t think they weren’t following instructions or weren’t motivated.

Can question the squads motivation after 55 I suppose, but that’s probably the same for Gerrard if you believe the stories. 

I've basically lost all confidence in him at this point, he waffles shite mostly and none of his signing inspire much confidence, hes another in a list of managers who have won championships in other countries but struggle to suss out the Scottish game, buys lightweight players when we need at least a couple who can break some legs when needed, I dont see him being what we need in the long term.

58 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Yet Gerrards sides collapsed after January every single season bar 55, was that the team no longer listening to him?

Just before Covid I was convinced that team had turned on him. That night at ibrox when we lost to Hamilton I honestly thought that team had chucked it. 

49 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

Presonally a don’t think he gets the importance of Old firm games. His comments about the Ross county game after the old firm and the shots on target stuff were a lot of nonsense.

8 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Presonally a don’t think he gets the importance of Old firm games. His comments about the Ross county game after the old firm and the shots on target stuff were a lot of nonsense.

i agree i would have thought he would have grasped it by now but it seems its just another 'derby' for him some you win some you lose it's obviously more than that

12 minutes ago, Faction Walter said:

Pretty sure it was that game that Goldson tried something stupid in the box and the Hamilton forward nicked it off him and easily slotted it past McGregor. 

Poisonous atmosphere throughout the match and at full time.

Yup, he tried a drag back, cost us the game on a night the tarriers drew at killie, had we won and closed the gap to two points who knows how that season and the post shutdown nonsense plays out

13 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Yup, he tried a drag back, cost us the game on a night the tarriers drew at killie, had we won and closed the gap to two points who knows how that season and the post shutdown nonsense plays out

Gap to two points?

The gap was 13 points.

13 hours ago, ZZed said:

I actually think he was trying to protect the players with the stats but it came across badly and antagonised the fan base. I do wonder if we have suffered from Chinese whispers in the dressing room to undermine managers in the past and if it was happening to PC during the transition of players, when they knew they were going but not out the club yet. That is why I think we need to get Tavernier out the door, as he looks as negative as you could possibly look.

Spot on mate. Obvious to anyone with a footballing brain that the right back "looking" negative rubs off onto the players and means wingers switch off and midfielders get over run and strikers can't finish.

I can't wait to see the new Rangers under big phil.

Fuck ma pants are soaking at the thought

19 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Can you really call Gerrard as someone who had a big command of the dressing room when Morelos continually walked all over him?

Plenty of valid criticism of SG, but it's hard to argue he didn't have 99% of that dressing room ready to walk over broken glass for him. He also had players working hard within a specific, effective system, which made us such a machine during the 55 season. Morelos is/was pretty close to an unmanageable player. 

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Plenty of valid criticism of SG, but it's hard to argue he didn't have 99% of that dressing room ready to walk over broken glass for him. He also had players working hard within a specific, effective system, which made us such a machine during the 55 season. Morelos is/was pretty close to an unmanageable player. 

What about after January in season 1 and 2?

We will finish 2nd, the football and structure of our team tho is horrendous throw in he hasn't yet beaten the scum and it doesn't look good for him. 

Only he can start to change the narrative and for a bit of positivity 3 of the next 4 old firms in the league are at Ibrox. All the negative stuff around him will quickly go away if he can land a blow or two on them between now and the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

What about after January in season 1 and 2?

I wouldn't put those collapses down to him not having command of the dressing room.  It's fair to say there were both mentality issues (as evidenced by comments about pressure from Tav and Kent) and squad depth issues in both of those seasons. 

51 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We will finish 2nd, the football and structure of our team tho is horrendous throw in he hasn't yet beaten the scum and it doesn't look good for him. 

Only he can start to change the narrative and for a bit of positivity 3 of the next 4 old firms in the league are at Ibrox. All the negative stuff around him will quickly go away if he can land a blow or two on them between now and the end of the season. 

Lose this weekend and we could be 8 behind the sheep already. 

Don't think we will but I do think there is going to be a battle on for that 2nd place sadly.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Don't think we will but I do think there is going to be a battle on for that 2nd place sadly.

No cunt can be making excuses for him if we’re battling Aberdeen for second.

We’ve spent the guts of £15 million in the summer ffs, plus with another £4 million player or whatever he’ll cost on the books in Cortes.

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Na the sheep haven't played anyone yet although you'd think they won the league given the celebrations against the team we took 6 off the week previous. 

17 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Na the sheep haven't played anyone yet although you'd think they won the league given the celebrations against the team we took 6 off the week previous. 

A win is a win regardless how you get there and currently they are on a winning streak that looks like it will continue this weekend.

6 hours ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Spot on mate. Obvious to anyone with a footballing brain that the right back "looking" negative rubs off onto the players and means wingers switch off and midfielders get over run and strikers can't finish.

I can't wait to see the new Rangers under big phil.

Fuck ma pants are soaking at the thought

I know where you are coming from and don't disagree. The point I am trying to make here is, day in and day out, Captain sad sack will be draining the fight out of everyone; the mood must be so down. He is broken and projects loser, we need him gone. A lot of the team are not that long here and you walk in to a team where he is the leader, that's enough to destroy anyone's enthusiasm. We do need to see an improvement in everyone's performances but I do think it is effected by the mood in the camp and Tav is a depressive to that mood.

3 hours ago, ZZed said:

I know where you are coming from and don't disagree. The point I am trying to make here is, day in and day out, Captain sad sack will be draining the fight out of everyone; the mood must be so down. He is broken and projects loser, we need him gone. A lot of the team are not that long here and you walk in to a team where he is the leader, that's enough to destroy anyone's enthusiasm. We do need to see an improvement in everyone's performances but I do think it is effected by the mood in the camp and Tav is a depressive to that mood.

The team "oh noooooo, not last season's top scorer on the team sheet again."