Is Clement getting an easy ride?

8 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

Man you've been on at him before he was appointed. Fine but I don't think he is as bad as we all seem to think. I know this is not normal but I hope given time he can show his style or whatever and give us a fucking chance. I had hopes of of us winning in march, it went to shit, blame the players, blame the manager but it happened.

You don't think this is bad?

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I do think this is partially linked with his lack of style of play. He has been in the building for 10 months now. Players clearly don’t understand what the fuck he wants them to do. You’ve got players coming short and defenders launching cross field diagonals to wingers with zero physicality, there’s no build up play and the number 10 is completely bypassed (so what the fuck is he doing playing with one?). Dessers comes short and we play balls in behind and then have zero threat in the box. We stand off teams with no real press (but positionally, the players are in advanced parts of the pitch and not in a low block) and they then play a simple long ball and we’re caught out. 

It’s not doing any of the players any favours whatsoever, albeit most of them are utter wank footballers and not the level required at Rangers. 

Our lack of a press but still being close to the ball so they just pass round us was baffling me yesterday.  Dessers would often press the ball without our wingers pressing the spare men so the ball would just be passed round him too.  Baffling.

Yesterday was a continuation of what we seen end of last season and in pre-season. 

We absolutely need better players I'll give Clement that. 

But surely by know he should he able to make some tactical adjustments. 

He's doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to work. 

13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yesterday was a continuation of what we seen end of last season and in pre-season. 

We absolutely need better players I'll give Clement that. 

But surely by know he should he able to make some tactical adjustments. 

He's doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to work. 

Barron was easily one our better players yesterday and Clement subbed him. Better players make any manager's job easier, but there's plenty of red flags as far as Clement is concerned even if you exclude the squad situation. Doesn't seem as though Clement will change so we just have to hope we get the players in who work or we're fucked.

16 minutes ago, Marco said:

Barron was easily one our better players yesterday and Clement subbed him. Better players make any manager's job easier, but there's plenty of red flags as far as Clement is concerned even if you exclude the squad situation. Doesn't seem as though Clement will change so we just have to hope we get the players in who work or we're fucked.

This is my biggest worry. It's all well and good having an approach you want to play.

But it's not working and repeatedly doing the same thing won't change it. We're getting overrun in midfield with our 2. We're punting long balls forward to a striker that can't hold it up. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

His record since the Motherwell game is something like 6 wins in 16 games (or something like that).

And we give him a new deal.

Our ‘rebuild’ has one new player in the 11 yesterday, who was a sometimes starter in an Aberdeen team that finished 42 points behind the winners.

No stadium. No CEO. No hope. 

Club is fucked. 

And I know they were only friendlies buy can add another 6 games with no wins. Its absolutely horrible form

I was expecting our new signings to be absolute physical, athletic units as PC had suggested that was areas he wanted to address and with the direct style of play it seems logical but it doesn’t appear to be the case, hopefully this is addressed in the remaining weeks of the window.

It’s quite clear now he wanted to keep Lundstram and even yesterday mentioned it in the post match so why, if so important, was that not the first priority position given we have known since May that he wasn’t signing a new deal?

8 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

People keep comparing him to Postecoglou too, I’d be keen to see Clements side after spending £30m+.

The fat mess didn't spend anywhere near £30m on the scums first team in his first summer.

You could see what he was trying to implement in style early doors.

Here we are months into Clements reign and we still don't know what he's trying.

8 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

That 11 today isnt getting close to the league even with Pep in charge. 

Tedious see this nonsense regularly posted on here.

The GOAT would easily have had us winning about 3 nil yesterday with his structure and style. Our players are better than Hearts ffs.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

What’s your point though? That was his first competitive game. This isn’t Clements first competitive game

Was also immediately clear what he was trying to do, and the recruited to suit. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The fat mess didn't spend anywhere near £30m on the scums first team in his first summer.

You could see what he was trying to implement in style early doors.

Here we are months into Clements reign and we still don't know what he's trying.

Aye I’ll give you that, heard it wrong it was around £20m.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What’s your point though? That was his first competitive game. This isn’t Clements first competitive game

Exactly he's been here months now it should be clear what we're trying to do. It's not!

When it came to the aussie wank you could see exactly what he wanted to do and players where recruited to do it. 

Club as a whole is in serious trouble which has been a continuation of the past 2 odd years.

No saleable assets and we have to hope the ones we’ve bought this summer are.

No money to buy proper star quality. 

A squad that either doesn’t have the ability, mentality, or fitness to play for us. 

A board who have ran us into the ground through continuous errors along the way. 

Now a manager who is starting to set off alarm bells within the support. 

Nobody within the club has cared what the next 4-5 years etc look like and now we’re paying the price. They will have complete domination over us for the foreseeable future as we stumble from one disaster to the next. 

We need change at the top first, otherwise this cycle continues 

There’s concerning signs, but we need to give someone time. He has a good record, and will get time (from me at least) to build his team.

Then I’ll judge.

This place will be unbearable if we have posters shouting for change already. I think it will be 3 windows before we can turn this squad around. Some of them are so shite we can’t give them away.

What a disaster Beale was.

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

His record since the Motherwell game is something like 6 wins in 16 games (or something like that).

And we give him a new deal.

Our ‘rebuild’ has one new player in the 11 yesterday, who was a sometimes starter in an Aberdeen team that finished 42 points behind the winners.

No stadium. No CEO. No hope. 

Club is fucked. 

Aye and he was our best player yesterday by a mile 

3 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

There’s concerning signs, but we need to give someone time. He has a good record, and will get time (from me at least) to build his team.

Then I’ll judge.

This place will be unbearable if we have posters shouting for change already. I think it will be 3 windows before we can turn this squad around. Some of them are so shite we can’t give them away.

What a disaster Beale was.

Has Phil been better?

24 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

But until postecoglu cleared all the shite from that squad they were having an awful time

I agree clement isnt helping himself the now but we still have shite signed by gerrard and players that haven't been good enough for years now under 4 different managers

You'd maybe say you woul give the time if the football on show showed any signs of improving. 

It's getting worse game by game, our defending is a shit show and that yesterday was every bit as bad as what I watched down the leagues at the back. 

Our midfield play is non existent and on the rare chance we make a chance the striker we play fluffs 5 attempts out of 6.

His team play bogging football 

Just now, Jimfanciesthedude said:

But until postecoglu cleared all the shite from that squad they were having an awful time

I agree clement isnt helping himself the now but we still have shite signed by gerrard and players that haven't been good enough for years now under 4 different managers

They were still scoring goals and attacking teams, the style of play was obvious and improved with better players.

We have no style, it's amateur as fuck watching it.