Is Clement getting an easy ride?

Just now, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

He's had time, he's been here since October. 6 wins in 16 games is fucking atrocious 

Sounds like you have already made your mind up, which is fair enough tbf,

but we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future, come what may,

If he keeps playing Tav, yeah I agree its his downfall the guy is done.

I think, hope he will come good

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

But until postecoglu cleared all the shite from that squad they were having an awful time

I agree clement isnt helping himself the now but we still have shite signed by gerrard and players that haven't been good enough for years now under 4 different managers

That fat dick still implemented a style of play/identity. 

It's like we've just thrown 11 players on a field and hope for the best. Doesn't matter if the players are shite or not we should still have some kind of discernable style of play. We don't. 

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

It’s going to be a long 18 months in here then 👍

How many players were playing yesterday recruited by PC and Koppen?

If this carries on, then Clement won’t last 18 weeks, never mind 18 months. A new contract means fuck all, it will be the support who determine his future. If they as a collective turn on him, the board will have no choice but to replace him.

8 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

I'm no fan of the fenians but they had a system they were playing even with the shite. We just picked off all over the park.

Weve never been able to press since Gerrard/early GVB and being honest I don't think weve reached anywhere near those levels since 

Defo, even latter stages of gerrard reign the press was a disgrace, and since then we haven't recruited anywhere near enough decent players for it

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

It’s going to be a long 18 months in here then 👍

How many players were playing yesterday recruited by PC and Koppen?

1 and that's worrying considering we've signed 9 under them this summer. 

I agree that we need to give a manager time to rebuild the squad. 

But let's not pretend there isn't massive red flags here with Clement that he needs to address.

I'm not seeing any changes to our approach. We can blame previous recruitment to a point. But when our manager isn't changing approach/formation then it's on him when results aren't good enough.

14 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

That fat dick still implemented a style of play/identity. 

It's like we've just thrown 11 players on a field and hope for the best. Doesn't matter if the players are shite or not we should still have some kind of discernable style of play. We don't. 

Out of yesterday ls line up 6 players minimum arent good enough for us right now, we have replacements for 2 of them really, 

How we have allowed ourselves to get to here is frightening 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

1 and that's worrying considering we've signed 9 under them this summer. 

I agree that we need to give a manager time to rebuild the squad. 

But let's not pretend there isn't massive red flags here with Clement that he needs to address.

I'm not seeing any changes to our approach. We can blame previous recruitment to a point. But when our manager isn't changing approach/formation then it's on him when results aren't good enough.

Are you forgetting Cortes, mate?

I know he barely made a mark on the game…

There will be more new faces funded by the inevitable departure of players like Cantwell and Hagi.

That team still has Propper, Sterling, Danilo and Cerny to come in plus whoever else he signs. Cerny is already an upgrade on McCausland and will make an impact in the weeks to come.

The upheaval of this summer with a minimal budget goes way beyond the normal turnover and most of the dross getting cleared out had nothing to do with Clement.

Because I think the board sold him a pup, I’m willing to give him some slack but there need to be signs of real progress in the coming weeks. We can’t have the league out of reach before Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

There will be more new faces funded by the inevitable departure of players like Cantwell and Hagi.

That team still has Propper, Sterling, Danilo and Cerny to come in plus whoever else he signs. Cerny is already an upgrade on McCausland and will make an impact in the weeks to come.

The upheaval of this summer with a minimal budget goes way beyond the normal turnover and most of the dross getting cleared out had nothing to do with Clement.

Because I think the board sold him a pup, I’m willing to give him some slack but there need to be signs of real progress in the coming weeks. We can’t have the league out of reach before Christmas.

I hope you’re right about the first paragraph, CT🤞

See if we were playing well and the players were just shite you could cut him slack. But we are fucking terrible to watch and I don't even think you could safely say "if he gets the players he needs then we will be excellent" 

If I seen something in what he was trying to do but it was the players then I'd defo be for giving him a chance but there's nothing there..

We are a fucking shambles all over.and I'm fed up with the shite we serve up week after week season after season 

2 minutes ago, nicolae said:

Clement won leagues in Belgium so must have some ability but not seeing it just now tbh.

Maybe if he had a decent transfer budget he'd be able to bring in good players?

He waxed lyrical about Diomande who's looked average as fuck. He also said yesterday we miss Lundstram who was a riot last season.

It's not looking good on any aspect for him tbh

3 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

See if we were playing well and the players were just shite you could cut him slack. But we are fucking terrible to watch and I don't even think you could safely say "if he gets the players he needs then we will be excellent" 

If I seen something in what he was trying to do but it was the players then I'd defo be for giving him a chance but there's nothing there..

We are a fucking shambles all over.and I'm fed up with the shite we serve up week after week season after season 

I mean the players are shite and that’s why we are playing shite. We are having to start Scott Wright due to lack of recruitment. We will never get another decent manager for years if we sack a second manager(after Gio) without even backing him financially.

Just now, The Godfather said:

He waxed lyrical about Diomande who's looked average as fuck. He also said yesterday we miss Lundstram who was a riot last season.

Lundstram was our best player under Clement till he realised he wasn’t getting the money he wanted.

I think that’s mostly him saying he needs experience in the midfield which we absolutely do.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

IUnless we offfload the dross and sign some quality he'll be out of a job come mid September.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

So why don’t we have an experienced midfielder in then?

i can understand not bringing in a centre half whilst we had 4.

i can understand not bringing in a new number 9 whilst we have Dessers

I can understand not bringing in a number 10 whilst Cantwell and Lawrence are there.

There simply is no excuse for us not having a number 6 in, which is probably the most important position on park, by now.

Before anyone starts the excuses, we had a midfield 4 a few seasons back which cost 50k in fees.

The tarriers have a midfield that cost less than Diomande.

Looking at guys who are on 60k a week at Seville just sums us up.

That's on the board and Koppen though? Looks like we have attempted to bring in a few now.(Jordan, McLean and Klaasen)

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So why don’t we have an experienced midfielder in then?

i can understand not bringing in a centre half whilst we had 4.

i can understand not bringing in a new number 9 whilst we have Dessers

I can understand not bringing in a number 10 whilst Cantwell and Lawrence are there.

There simply is no excuse for us not having a number 6 in, which is probably the most important position on park, by now.

Before anyone starts the excuses, we had a midfield 4 a few seasons back which cost 50k in fees.

The tarriers have a midfield that cost less than Diomande.

Looking at guys who are on 60k a week at Seville just sums us up.

I would like this post twice if I could. 

Excuses everywhere for what's going on at the moment and most of them are bullshit. 

47 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If this carries on, then Clement won’t last 18 weeks, never mind 18 months. A new contract means fuck all, it will be the support who determine his future. If they as a collective turn on him, the board will have no choice but to replace him.

Well this cycle will continue perpetually.

With the squad is such poor state the rebuild will inevitably take time.

We will never give any manager the time they need.

18 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

I would like this post twice if I could. 

Excuses everywhere for what's going on at the moment and most of them are bullshit. 

What's the not having a no.6 got to do with Clement though?

35 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I mean the players are shite and that’s why we are playing shite. We are having to start Scott Wright due to lack of recruitment. We will never get another decent manager for years if we sack a second manager(after Gio) without even backing him financially.

But the Fenian players were shite but that fat tramp still had a system you could see. They'd get beat but he had a system in place before he got the players to fill it.

If this is our system and we aren't winning games then he will be gone soon.

I've never known a time apart from the cunts who ran us between 2012 and 2015 the support and the club being so far apart on nearly everything. We are an absolute disgrace at the minute.

I'll be honest I normally always try and see positives, I always say pre season is about minutes and fuck all else, but from march last season to now I'm pretty much convinced he's going to be away soon enough.

He can't get the plaudits for bringing us into a title fight and then not get the criticism for some of the baffling decisions he made last season towards the end.

I'll be honest unless some miracle happens the league will be over in weeks and our season probably by November baring the Scottish cup.

It's a fucking shambles 

Really not convinced at all by Clement. Once the new manager bounce went after Motherwell we never liked like recovering. Now we look a worse team that last season with so many new players not ready to make an impact. Don't understand the new contract at this stage either. 

Things will be clearer by the end of August and I'm giving him time but just don't not have a good feel about this at all. Feels like another Caxinha