Early 80s fear

Getting the fear.

My 1st real Rangers memory was from around 78/79 when my granda started taking me.

But never forget early 80s with stadium under construction then mostly empty only picking up the odd cup here and there more so league cup.

It's like a childhood nightmare returning.

Sadly it's the truth and that lot are streets ahead of us on and off the field.

We just don't have the transfer budget to complete and the jury is still out if our new signings will work out. Thought after 55 we were finally turning a corner but we are going nowhere fast.

2012-2015 is the worse period in our history. This current period when we look back will be horrible but I don’t think anything will be worse for us than what happened then. My worry is how our future looks under this current leadership as 3 trophies in 8 years isn’t anywhere near good enough giving our budget and who we are up against. If things keep up the damage done in terms of trophy count could be irreversible, that’s a real cause for concern.

7 minutes ago, Gascoigne's Flute said:

Sadly it's the truth and that lot are streets ahead of us on and off the field.

We just don't have the transfer budget to complete and the jury is still out if our new signings will work out. Thought after 55 we were finally turning a corner but we are going nowhere fast.

We don’t have the transfer budget to compete? We’ve literally had similar if not paid more in player wages the last 3 years. We’ve just been totally mismanaged - that’s why we are in the state we are in!

1 hour ago, Blacky Bear said:

Getting the fear.

My 1st real Rangers memory was from around 78/79 when my granda started taking me.

But never forget early 80s with stadium under construction then mostly empty only picking up the odd cup here and there more so league cup.

It's like a childhood nightmare returning.

We’re only getting worse too. Trying to shore up a shit squad with the odd loan deal.
Ok there were a few rested/missing last night but no Rangers team should be turning up for a pre season game in England and putting on a performance like that last night. 
Our more established players are shite and our youth looks shite. 
No idea how the fuck we get out of this cycle 

Just now, Swagger said:

We’re only getting worse too. Trying to shore up a shit squad with the odd loan deal.
Ok there were a few rested/missing last night but no Rangers team should be turning up for a pre season game in England and putting on a performance like that last night. 
Our more established players are shite and our youth looks shite. 
No idea how the fuck we get out of this cycle 

Major investment which we don't seem to be close to getting.

Will be this way until the above happens. Downsizing and praying cheap players turn into diamonds.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

We don’t have the transfer budget to compete? We’ve literally had similar if not paid more in player wages the last 3 years. We’ve just been totally mismanaged - that’s why we are in the state we are in!

And that's why we are probably missing out on our primary targets this window cause it's bitting us in the arse this season. 

As I said earlier they are streets ahead of us off and on the park. That includes scouting, player trading, wage structure etc.

14 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

I don’t think you can compare those two periods.

We were relegated as a punishment 2012, but in the 80s, we were just shite.

Don’t get me wrong, the Third Division and the two or three years that followed were brutal, but all things considered, the struggles were anticipated as a result of the off-the-field issues.

Even when we returned to the top flight, I thought we had somewhat of a grace period because we were still recovering, but we did recover, we competed and we stopped 10IAR, then made it to a European final. Dream stuff.

What’s happened since then has been nothing short of an absolute disgrace. This board and the personnel they’ve appointed have rendered us a mess.

Off the top of my head, we’ve been rinsed for £50 per-season for MyGers (basically the privilege of priority queueing) and they tried to force us to hold hands with the Tarriers in Sydney Cup while feeding us a product that is significant short of what we need and deserve.

This pre-season, however, is a new low and may well be close to replicating the mediocrity of the 80s.

They’ve made a cunt of the stadium, so much so that we have no “home” to start the season, our squad is a mess, our pre-season performances have been a disgrace and our manager looks like he’s given-up in press conferences. Players are actually handing in transfer requests, it’s that bad.

Sorry to be negative, but I’m struggling to see a single positive beyond the support we give the club.

I get what you’re saying mate but it was the bottom tier of Scottish football. It was without a doubt this clubs lowest point 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Major investment which we don't seem to be close to getting.

Will be this way until the above happens. Downsizing and praying cheap players turn into diamonds.

I reckon a competent board would have us competing, taking into account the income from winning 55, the Europa League final run, qualifying for Champions League group stage and the Scottish Cup win, plus selling Bassey and Patterson for £35M+, the roughly £2.5M that MyGers generates and of course, the large number of season tickets.

37 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

It's the wages and bloated squad that's fucked us.

Absolute balloons like Matondoa, Lammers and Dessers on upwards of 20k a week and the guys can't play football.

They can't even play basic football...

I have been working non stop, are we any closer to selling any of them yet? 

7 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

They can't even play basic football...

I have been working non stop, are we any closer to selling any of them yet? 

Goldson was away yesterday for a medical and Cantwell won't play again for us.

No idea when any will actually go though

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

2012-2015 is the worse period in our history. This current period when we look back will be horrible but I don’t think anything will be worse for us than what happened then. My worry is how our future looks under this current leadership as 3 trophies in 8 years isn’t anywhere near good enough giving our budget and who we are up against. If things keep up the damage done in terms of trophy count could be irreversible, that’s a real cause for concern.

Never actually thought about that. The trophy count ( mostly free hits ) that they could rack up over the next few years will put us well behind them. They’ll obviously overtake us but we could take years to turn this shit around 

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Goldson was away yesterday for a medical and Cantwell won't play again for us.

No idea when any will actually go though

trouble is, footballers on onerous contracts now have the upper hand, some folk say footballers  will want to play football, fuk  that, if am on a contract that wont get repeated in my playing career am doing a Bale and playing golf