***** The Official Union Berlin v Rangers Friendly *****

3 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

Anybody watching the Spanish commentary on YouTube? These 2 boys are bonkers - giving it the full  "Ggggggooooooooooooaaaaalllllllll" every time the ball hits the net! They don't come up for air. No idea what they are saying but still better than Tom Miller.

Yeah I'm watching it. Got to love Spanish commentators when a goal goes in. 

Just now, teddybear1975 said:

Look good for a change going forward but far too open. Still missing someone that controls midfield and dictates tempo of the game.

I’m hoping that Barron slots into that.Need as good Scottish gritty player in there with him.

4 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

The scouting as we already know has a lot to be desired aswell that we chased jefte for this long when the fans of his previous team said he can't defend, we watched him and still said he would do 

The thing about buying talent (I know hes 20) is that they need time. Jefté only had his first season of regular football last year and hes come over from Brazil. It will take time and he will learn. We need to sometimes give players the time they need before we write them off and ship them out. 

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Need to see it again mate. I thought he could have passed the attacker on to Davies but might be wrong. He certainly looks uncomfortable in tackling and positionally has been suspect so far. Cortez does look like he's not quite match fit yet.

The first goal he is ahead of the guy and he lets him get a run on him.

the second goal he’s nowhere near the same guy.

Jefte both times goes with the number 16.

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Take 4 guys out the crowd and play them as the back 4 

Jefte yes he is an awful defender as we were told ,great scouting 

Davies and soutar 🤡

Tav 🤨

hearts will score with their first attack 

I don't think anyone can blame Davies and Souttar today. They should be good enough for Hearts. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Think Barron has been superb.

Yeah but I think he lacks a bit of experience and gets caught out of position at times.  He'll definitely learn that and has good passing and aggressive tackling so could make that his role in the future.  Just want someone more experienced in there to support them.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Honestly think players like Tav, Ridvan and Jefte suit us playing a back 3 and wingbacks so they aren't expected to be at the back post when these crosses come in but playing with a back 4 means we are really, really exposed at the back post

Agree.  We’ve got two full backs who are best going forward and not great defensively.  Surely, the manager has to alter his system to accommodate this if he is going to continue to play them.

This is the kind of performance I would expect on our FIRST pre season game. Mistakes being made due to fitness and rustiness along with some decent outfield play with a few goals. Alas this is our last game not the first.

18 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

That was an outstanding goal.  Lawrence isn’t as bad as people say and doesn’t act like a complete fanny like Cantwell 

He caries a goal threat, that’s it tho’.

Well, that and not being a TikTokTwat.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The first goal he is ahead of the guy and he lets him get a run on him.

the second goal he’s nowhere near the same guy.

Jefte both times goes with the number 16.

Seeing it now. Aye Cortez is more at fault but I think the biggest culprit is Ben Davies being to tucked in meaning Jefte has to come tight and opens up back post.