Clement Signs New Contract

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Because he was asked the question about it. A question that the support want answered but now has delayed that until during the season. 

I just have a feeling about it. 

It was an interview wholly under the club's control. 

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

It was an interview wholly under the club's control. 

And if they missed put a question on the CEO then it would've created another void. It's constant holding statements with no clear plan. 

I'm just saying I wouldn't be shocked at all of he ended up being executive chairman permanently without any sort of announcement.

4 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Don’t really see the point given he had 3 years on his current contract. A 3 year contract is plenty in terms of stability so that argument makes no sense.

I agree 100%. 

The question i think needs asked is "why was the extension offered?". As you pointed out, 3 years left on a contract is long enough to start building towards stability in the club regarding a manager. So it can't be to give PC time to build his team and put over his philosophy. PC has made a couple of statements regarding our budget etc, almost highlighting what he was told when signing, isn't actually available to him. Even if this year is a right off, PC would still have 2 more to get his players in and play his style.

With the Ibrox issue, large wage bill and players signed who have offered very little to the club, why have our board not only thought about but approached PC with a contract extension.

In theory, I'm all for it if it helps dispel media hearsay and rumors of him not being happy or looking to leave, but he needs to be backed in terms of forcing players out of the door with (suitable) replacements being brought in. Having a stadium would be nice too.

I'd like to think that he's confident this will happen, even if not immediately, otherwise surely he wouldn't have signed?

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Anyone can comment about anything, but saying you know better than experienced professionals is something else altogether.

On 13/05/2023 at 11:56, East Enclosure Row N said:

When will Beale realise that Matondo is truly fucking awful?

Tell me about your coaching badges and career in football management.

36 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

That spell up to March or so when it unfolded got enough confidence in Clement.

He got really unlucky with injuries which I believe hampered us.

However he needs the backing to build his own team and assistance in fixing the fragility of our team injuries wise (some of which are down to wild challenges in scotland which is a wider issue).

For sure bizarre timing for a contract renewal.

I agree mate. He was tasked with seeing us over the line with a half-fit squad, one striker, a rotating midfield of immobile glassworks, and a squad of players he had no belief in.

It's no wonder it ended the way it did, but I take comfort in what he was able to do with some of those players in the early days. Now, with a good recruitment strategy (fingers crossed) and his ideas to be embedded in, we need to trust him for the longer term.

That being said, this pre-season has been so uninspiring that I think he's already lost a lot of faith - through little fault of his own.

Clearly here for the transformation of this great club. He’s committed to us which is fantastic despite all the faux rage about “expectations being different”. 

Now sort your system out, play to our strengths and tell Scott Wright to fuck off. 

We as a fan base need to see progression/improvements over time with this squad. Otherwise I’m getting my pitchfork out the cupboard. 

20 minutes ago, Lovenkraaands said:

This is a very positive and optimistic take on the situation which I admire, but can’t align with.

We’re so financially unstable that we’re operating a one-in, one-out transfer policy. While most big clubs are heading to the US or Asia to exploit commercial opportunities, we went to the Netherlands. Yet, we’ve offered a contract extension and inevitably a pay increase to a manager who not only is the Jury very much still out on, but who had three years remaining on his existing deal?

Clement‘s comments two weeks ago which implied he had been mis-sold the landscape are now appearing very timely.

Out of all the things there are to be angry about, this really isn't one of them.