***** The Official Dynamo Kyiv v Rangers Champions League Third Qualifying Round Match Thread *****

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It’s ridiculous, I’ve got concerns about Clement. But when you look what he’s got to work with, it’s genuinely unbelievable to expect miracles. Everyone knew how long it would take to sort, but now want to believe it should be sorted in a Summer.

Hearts are by far the 3rd best team in the league by miles too. 

As much as it hurts to accept that the majority of the squad remains here for this season that’s what we are faced with.

We’ve all called them shite players and would get rid of them yet we expect clement to get them playing well and winning or we expect Koppen to get them sold even though we say they are shite so who would want to buy them? 

This is the culmination of years of poor signings and it will take time to unpick. If the signings this summer buck the trend of the last 3 years then we will start to move in the right direction.

If we can shift a lot of the dross from the squad and get funds in then hopefully some more changes can take place but we are now into the season with 3 weeks until the window shuts so time is running out.

All of this is the context within which clement is working so it can’t be ignored but that doesn’t mean we can’t see some of the decisions made by clement are bizarre. Substitutions in particular are easy to see because they are directly made by clement, things like our general play or set pieces etc. how much of it is down to the management or the players is up for debate.

Often it’s a case of waiting to see the managers squad with his signings before passing judgement but as I said earlier people expecting us to play well and win whilst we still have Davies, Souttar, Tav, Wright, Lawrence, Dessers, Matondo etc. seems a bit hypocritical

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What part of both of them want to leave don’t you understand?

What is the point in investing time in putting them through how we want to play on the training ground if they aren’t going to be here?

What message would it send to a player that wants to be here if Hagi is starting ahead of them when him and his agent have said they want to leave?

good point and i see it......just hope you see i also have a valid point pal, that we play the best parts of our squad thats available..everytime, cutting our nose to spite our face dont help us

Sometimes it’s when our backs are against the wall and you expect nothing from a match that we pull a performance and result out of the bag……I really hope that is the case tonight.

As many have said if we can keep it tight at the back and keep the tie alive it’s probably the best outcome to hope for.

Unfortunately we can’t rely on the ibrox atmosphere for the return leg

45 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

You've just got to look at this place to see there's a good chance our support will never accept that, 1 game into the season, a draw at Tynecastle where we should have won and people are greeting about a lack of progress already.

I think a lot of this is down to the stadium debacle so every other non-positive is manifesting into a big negative whether it be recruitment, manager, Castore etc

15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Having Propper at the back with Souttar should be a big improvement in defence.

Thought Propper wasn’t playing tonight?

17 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He travelled so why not?

I am taking from PC presser that he’s not playing.

Hopefully it’s a bluff 🙏

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He didn't say he wasn't playing. 

Watched it again, you’re right he doesn’t answer the question so hopefully he’s starting, got confused by the prior tweet but that’s about Cortes rehab.

3 minutes ago, ayro said:

Watched it again, you’re right he doesn’t answer the question so hopefully he’s starting, got confused by the prior tweet but that’s about Cortes rehab.

Far too many take what he says too literally. He handles the media like any good Rangers manager should, with pure contempt and little respect.

Find out who's playing and who isn't when the team is announced an hour before kickoff. That's it.

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

You've just got to look at this place to see there's a good chance our support will never accept that, 1 game into the season, a draw at Tynecastle where we should have won and people are greeting about a lack of progress already.

That impatience, that unwillingness to see the bigger picture is exactly the mindset that has got us here.

With the game being away we need to still try and win regardless. Not had a win during pre season or at the start of the campaign. Wish the return leg was at Ibrox but the board fucked that one. Least Hampden is a stadium we are used to. No fucking excuses its a must win tonight

We are fucking dreadful though I cannot lie 

43 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sometimes it’s when our backs are against the wall and you expect nothing from a match that we pull a performance and result out of the bag……I really hope that is the case tonight.

Agree with this, we've been pleasantly surprised before at times when it's looked grim. It happens in football generally I think.

That said, I'm braced for a difficult evening!